Shookeums34

What to being to Interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I'm going back to Vietnam in March, so I want to bring as much finished paperwork for my fiance as I can so we don't have to scramble to get anything sent.

I've seen differing things on what I need to bring, mostly I'm wondering how far back I need to have my bank statements? Is there a concrete list floating around on what needs to be brought?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is what did

Letter from Bank with total deposit from last year and current balance

2013 tax return

2013 w2

Letter from my company about salary and perm position

Additional proof of relatiinship

Give her your airplane tickets amd more pictures

I gave her my work business card

Additional chat script

2 updated letter intent to marry

My birth cert. Original copy

Copy of my passport just in case

Fill out the ad. Of supporrt

Did you submit the packet 3 for your future wife?

She should start the require paper work like police cert. S ingle status because those paper work takes time

Police cert is taking us three weeks

Single cert took 1 week for us

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Timeline

I forgot to mention that I provided 1 paycheck stub for 2014 which I didnt need too because I have my tax return but I figure extra proof won't hurt us

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

the affidavit of support (I-134) and your original or a certified copy of your birth certificate, I recommend the certified copy. If you don't have a certified copy you should order one. It takes about 1-2 weeks and they usually cost $10-15. I got my 2010, 2011 and 2012 tax transcripts and my 2013 W2 and my last 3 pay stubs from 2013. I didn't provide any of my bank statements, my income is sufficient enough. I also provided a letter from my employer. Then you will need evidence of your relationship. Chat history, emails, boarding passes from your flights and stamps from your passport. My fiance has her interview on the 24th and she has a bankers box full of evidence...maybe its too much but better safe than sorry

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Filed: Timeline

You can take as much additional evidence as you like beyond what they ask for but don't be surprised if all they ask to see is a half dozen photos. They've already decided if your approved or not when you walk in the door. They place more emphasis on the interview and the photos than anything else. You can practice your interview questions but you can usually tell if people are a real couple or pretending to be a real couple with just a few simple questions in 5 minutes.

This was my experience last month when I did a CRBA. It maybe different at the non citizens section. I'm trying for a tourist visa for the wife next week in Saigon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Edited by Todd&Hanh

• 3 weeks later...

Do we need to have the Vietnamese police check translated?

I do not think so. According to this document, any documents that are not in Vietnamese or English must be translated to English (see step 3).

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/K-INSTRUCTION.pdf

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Sounds good. We have our interview on the 8th of May

We're still waiting on the Dutch police report (which Im assuming will need to be translated unless she got one in English), but Im planning to bring my AOS papers, do you think having two month old bank letters and employment letters will be a problem if I sent current check stubs and bank statements later?

Timeline

Sounds good. We have our interview on the 8th of May

We're still waiting on the Dutch police report (which Im assuming will need to be translated unless she got one in English), but Im planning to bring my AOS papers, do you think having two month old bank letters and employment letters will be a problem if I sent current check stubs and bank statements later?

I would provide your 2013 Tax Return paper. Doesn't hurt to have extra be the Tax Return Paper holds a lot of weight according document provided by the consulate.

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.