Trisha89

Which Senator's are helpfull which are useless??Please help! K1: TODAY 6 MONTHS WAITING FOR NOA2

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

today we have reached the 6 months waiting time for our NOA2 in our K1 process!!! We are really disappointed and heartbroken that it takes them so long for us to get approved........ We were august fillers :( :( :(

We are already in contact with our Senator since the end of november 2013 and had the first update from his office on january 27th, 2014 that said we should hear something from USCIS in the next 30 business days from january 27th, 2014 on!

We think it takes everything a little to long though and hope every day for good news...

His office told us we should hear something within the next 30 business days but they also told us they will get another update from USCIS on March 17th, 2014, how is this making sense when we should hear something within the next 30 business days from uscis??? Why then another update in the middle of march??? Sounds to me like there is not coming any decision in the next 20 days and just another update on march 17th, 2014??? Maybe this time with 60 business days of waiting again?!?!

My question is when we have already contacted his senator could we still involve another one from a different state? IS THAT POSSIBLE?

My 2nd question is which senator's were for other couples here in the same situation very helpful???

Your help is so much appreciated and I want to thank everyone who is already praying for us.

Love to all of you

K1

09 August 2013 - Mailed I-129F

12 August 2013 - TSC receipt Date NOA1

18 August 2013 - NOA1 hardcopy received

09 October 2013 - Alien Registration Number changed

23 January 2014 - Orderd Service Request

05 February 2014 - Answer from USCIS: Can't tell you any timeframe when we will approve this petition

14 February 2014 - VISA APPROVED NOA2 after 6 months and 2 days goofy.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

21 February 2014 - NOA2 hardcopy received in Mail // USCIS shipped petition to NVC

24 February 2014 - Medical Appointment - passed the medical :-)

03 March 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

06 March 2014 - We got our Case # & Case left the NVC... Online Status says "In TRANSIT" :-)

10 March 2014 - Case arrived at the Consulate...

15 March 2014 - Received Packet 3 // Sent Packet 3 off same day

22 March 2014 - Received Packet 4 - Interview on March 28, 2014

28 March 2014 - Interview appointment RESULT: Approved :-)))

02 April 2014 - Visa On Hand! :-)

06 April 2014 - Finally being with my Love <3 :)

20 June 2014 - Marriage <3, Key West, Florida

AOS

event.png

Why would a senator from another state help someone who is not their constituent?

You have 2 senators and at least one rep. Call someone else.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Hi Trisha,

I completely understand your pain, and I am also in the similar position. I'm waiting for my wife's CR-1 visa since last June, its been 8 months and I already contacted my senators, 3 of them so far. To some it all up in short, USCIS absolutely does not care about what they are doing to the families, and the senators can help you make an inquiry and update you on the status but that is all. Here is what I find really upsetting, there are ways to expedite this but only if its a life threatening situation, you are in the military OR YOU WORK FOR USCIS ( what baloney!!)

Now to answer your questions, yes you can request to get other senators involved, and each one will ask you to sign the Privacy release form, and they all will come with the same explanation as the last one, maybe a little more detailed, because that's all the USCIS tells them. But unfortunately they cannot help you expedite it

I have never felt this helpless in my life, and now USCIS is holding my future.

Hang in there, your day will come soon.

God help us all.

Timeline

Hi Trisha,

I completely understand your pain, and I am also in the similar position. I'm waiting for my wife's CR-1 visa since last June, its been 8 months and I already contacted my senators, 3 of them so far. To some it all up in short, USCIS absolutely does not care about what they are doing to the families, and the senators can help you make an inquiry and update you on the status but that is all. Here is what I find really upsetting, there are ways to expedite this but only if its a life threatening situation, you are in the military OR YOU WORK FOR USCIS ( what baloney!!)

Now to answer your questions, yes you can request to get other senators involved, and each one will ask you to sign the Privacy release form, and they all will come with the same explanation as the last one, maybe a little more detailed, because that's all the USCIS tells them. But unfortunately they cannot help you expedite it

I have never felt this helpless in my life, and now USCIS is holding my future.

Hang in there, your day will come soon.

God help us all.

Thank you so. Much for your helpful answer! You know exactly how it is and how disappointing this process is! In my eyes it isn't fair at all, but oh well,.... This said so many people already before me and still people that filled after us are getting approved! Which is ok in my eyes as long as it wouldn't take them so long for us to get approved as it does right now..... I mean 6 months is really a hard thing to take and when I think about it, we almost could have get married and it would probably come in the end the same waiting time......

I mean who knows how long we are still going to wait?! :'(

Did you contacted all of the senators in your state? Or were they from different states??

K1

05 February 2014 - Answer from USCIS: Can't tell you any timeframe when we will approve this petition

14 February 2014 - VISA APPROVED NOA2 after 6 months and 2 days goofy.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gif

21 February 2014 - NOA2 hardcopy received in Mail // USCIS shipped petition to NVC

06 March 2014 - We got our Case # & Case left the NVC... Online Status says "In TRANSIT" :-)

AOS

event.png

Timeline

What do so think can we do? What would actually help us to get approved?? I'm thinking about to write the head office from uscis

K1

AOS

event.png

Thank you so. Much for your helpful answer! You know exactly how it is and how disappointing this process is! In my eyes it isn't fair at all, but oh well,.... This said so many people already before me and still people that filled after us are getting approved! Which is ok in my eyes as long as it wouldn't take them so long for us to get approved as it does right now..... I mean 6 months is really a hard thing to take and when I think about it, we almost could have get married and it would probably come in the end the same waiting time......

I mean who knows how long we are still going to wait?! :'(

Did you contacted all of the senators in your state? Or were they from different states??

I haven't had the need to, since they all are getting the same information... But in my eyes a GOOD senators will still get an inquiry open for you even if you are contacting a different state rep. So I think you should try still your luck, because at the end of the day I don't want the feeling of not trying enough to get my wife over here. She knows how much I love her and doing everything I can to get her here asap.

And just so you know, I have also contacted a lawyer in my state who handles immigration cases and she is well known. And unfortunately she said the same thing when it came to USCIS, they will do what their heart desires and take there time. Honestly USCIS has me sick to my stomach.

I work in a professional field and I work weekends, just to make sure that my clients are taking care off and I don't go home until my work is done. unfortunately the failure by USCIS to bring families together disgusts me. I don't know how they sleep at night, knowing there are thousands of families are apart and haven't seen each other in months, in my case 8 months now.

Keep trying and do whatever it takes to get your significant other here asap, legally that is.

Filed: Timeline

I'm sure you get sick and tired of reading the posts from people who whine because they've been waiting a month or two. You're in a tough place and there is very little you can do that you haven't already done. It's most likely that your petition encountered some kind of IBIS hit, the details of which can never be known. It could be a name mis-match, or some kind of hit that causes them to put your petition into a hold pile. They can actually withhold adjudication when there is no cause for open denial and even a congressman or Senator cannot find the reason. While they must reply within that 30-day time-frame you've already seen there really isn't any news you can learn.

If you haven't done so already, get an empty notebook and record all your communications to everyone. Include time of day, email, telephone, what you say, what they say and so on. Stay on it. Call every day. If it's Monday morning and they say to call back Friday, call them again Monday afternoon.

Timeline

I'm sure you get sick and tired of reading the posts from people who whine because they've been waiting a month or two. You're in a tough place and there is very little you can do that you haven't already done. It's most likely that your petition encountered some kind of IBIS hit, the details of which can never be known. It could be a name mis-match, or some kind of hit that causes them to put your petition into a hold pile. They can actually withhold adjudication when there is no cause for open denial and even a congressman or Senator cannot find the reason. While they must reply within that 30-day time-frame you've already seen there really isn't any news you can learn.

If you haven't done so already, get an empty notebook and record all your communications to everyone. Include time of day, email, telephone, what you say, what they say and so on. Stay on it. Call every day. If it's Monday morning and they say to call back Friday, call them again Monday afternoon.

Yes, thank you very much for your answer! I'm really trying everything and I hope that my fiance is going to bother them, because he is the USC, so it's better when he is calling...... It would get to expensive for me and I tried it one time and they told me they can't give me any information without the petitioner beside me or on the phone.... :-/

K1

AOS

event.png

Yes, thank you very much for your answer! I'm really trying everything and I hope that my fiance is going to bother them, because he is the USC, so it's better when he is calling...... It would get to expensive for me and I tried it one time and they told me they can't give me any information without the petitioner beside me or on the phone.... :-/

Oh, I see. I didn't realize that you were not the USC. You're right that he is the one to be contacting and banging on doors. It's really not my business, but have you considered doing a background check on him just to see whether there is something in his history that is causing the snag? Forgive my being so frank, but I am just trying to help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Six months is still within the realm of reason.....look back about a year ago, petitions were taking much longer.

I wouldn't sweat it until about the 10 month mark.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Oh, I see. I didn't realize that you were not the USC. You're right that he is the one to be contacting and banging on doors. It's really not my business, but have you considered doing a background check on him just to see whether there is something in his history that is causing the snag? Forgive my being so frank, but I am just trying to help.

He is my age we are both 24! He has really NOTHING bad! Only a speeding ticket only ONE! And I know he has nothing else, he is a normal born USC with no criminal backgrounds! He went and is still going to church when he is visiting his family on sundays! I know he has nothing bad in his records and me neither!

I don't think that this speeding ticket is the reason........ I was getting refused entry on june 30th, 2013!

And they cancelled my ESTA and told me I could only come back with a Visa! Do you think that could be the reason why it takes them so long? I had a four hours interview after my 10 hours flight to the POE :-(

I was 2,5 months (84days) with my at that time still boyfriend.... I stayed two weeks in germany at my parents house and wanted to go back to him for another two months! But I never made it :'( it was a horrible experience.....

We NEVER had at any time the intention of getting married while I'm there, it was for us always for SURE, that IF, we get married, we make everything on a legal way! So the K1 Process! We just wanted to be together another two months and see how we get along together :-(! It was really so hard for me to sit 22 hours in a room and wait for my flight back to germany.....and i didn't saw one time my boyfriend.... He came up to the airport by car to pick me up and drove 6 hours! And we didn't saw each other one time!!!! They didn't let him see me only for a sec!

So do you think this refusal could be the reason for it? A few other members told me already that a refusal isn't the reason for a denial, because that are two different things??

Edited by Trisha89

K1

AOS

event.png

Timeline

Six months is still within the realm of reason.....look back about a year ago, petitions were taking much longer.

I wouldn't sweat it until about the 10 month mark.

10 months!? Hello? You were getting approved after 3 months!! I don't think YOU understand....... Other people already get approved here after one month.... 10 month is ridiculous and I'm sure we are acting right, WHEN WE ACT NOW!!

K1

AOS

event.png

He is my age we are both 24! He has really NOTHING bad! Only a speeding ticket only ONE! And I know he has nothing else, he is a normal born USC with no criminal backgrounds! He went and is still going to church when he is visiting his family on sundays! I know he has nothing bad in his records and me neither!

I don't think that this speeding ticket is the reason........ I was getting refused entry on june 30th, 2013!

And they cancelled my ESTA and told me I could only come back with a Visa! Do you think that could be the reason why it takes them so long? I had a four hours interview after my 10 hours flight to the POE :-(

I was 2,5 months (84days) with my at that time still boyfriend.... I stayed two weeks in germany at my parents house and wanted to go back to him for another two months! But I never made it :'( it was a horrible experience.....

We NEVER had at any time the intention of getting married while I'm there, it was for us always for SURE, that IF, we get married, we make everything on a legal way! So the K1 Process! We just wanted to be together another two months and see how we get along together :-(! It was really so hard for me to sit 22 hours in a room and wait for my flight back to germany.....and i didn't saw one time my boyfriend.... He came up to the airport by car to pick me up and drove 6 hours! And we didn't saw each other one time!!!! They didn't let him see me only for a sec!

So do you think this refusal could be the reason for it? A few other members told me already that a refusal isn't the reason for a denial, because that are two different things??

I don't think your entry refusal to US has to do why your I-129F takes so long to get approved. For petition, as far as my knowledge, USCIS more focus to do background check to the petitioner rather than the beneficiary. I remember there was another member here took a year because USCIS run background check on him since they were suspicious he abused children in the past.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I don't think your entry refusal to US has to do why your I-129F takes so long to get approved. For petition, as far as my knowledge, USCIS more focus to do background check to the petitioner rather than the beneficiary. I remember there was another member here took a year because USCIS run background check on him since they were suspicious he abused children in the past.

Thank you for your response,.... But he has really no noooo nooo criminal background, just a speeding ticket :'(!

Really I'm not just saying this and I know he is not lying to me, what you maybe think now..... But he is my age 24!

We have nothing bad in our past. :-C

K1

AOS

event.png

I was getting refused entry on june 30th, 2013! And they cancelled my ESTA and told me I could only come back with a Visa! Do you think that could be the reason why it takes them so long? I had a four hours interview after my 10 hours flight to the POE :-(

If you had filed for ESTA and it was approved, then what was the reason for you being detained at the POE? Did they deny you entry and send you back home? I don't think this is any cause for denial, but it seems to have some smoke coming from it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.