zelionprime

February 2014 Filers

788 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to those who got their EAD approved today!

Based on the VJ timeline I should expect to hear something about my EAD between May 9-12...yet my interview date is May 19 :lol: We'll see if they bother to even approve it at this point in the game.

Congrats! Great position to be in but shows how inefficient some of the process is.

Day 00 AOS sent by Fedex Feb 20, 2014

Day 01 received Feb 21, 2014
Day 04 NOA1 Feb 24, 2014
Day 15 Biometric notice Mar 7, 2014
Day 28 Walk-in Biometrics successful at ASC Varick St (NYC) Mar 20, 2014
Day 36 Original biometrics appointment Mar 28, 2014

Day 67 EAD and AP approved Apr 28, 2014

Day 70 EAD and AP mailed May 1, 2014

Day 72 EAD and AP card delivered May 3, 2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Based on many Feb timelines,

I noticed from the time the EAD goes into Production till the point it is delivered it takes approximately 8 days...

Do think that average is correct?

Everyone, please add your details to the Google Spreadsheet - Goodluck to all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit?usp=sharing

My Timeline:
05/15/2017 - Sent N400 package to Dallas
05/22/2017 - Check cashed
06/12/2017 - Fingerprints done
06/20/2017 - In line for Interview
11/02/2017 - Interview scheduled
11/02/2017 - Approved on spot
11/9/2017 - Oath and filed for passport at USPS (Got it in 6 days)

Timeline

I noticed from the time the EAD goes into Production till the point it is delivered it takes approximately 8 days...

Mine took 6 days.

Day 04 NOA1 Feb 24, 2014

Yeah, mine took 8 days exactly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Almost :)

Married July 2013

2/24 Received Chicago i485 i765 i130

2/27 Txt with case # and checks cashed

03/1 NOA in Mail

03/7 Letter for Biometrics

3/21 Biometrics on appointment date

3/25 i485 changed to Testing and Interview :dancing:

05/01 EAD Card in production (received Email and text)

05/07 Received tracking # card has been mailed

05/09 EAD ARRIVED!

05/12 Applied for SS#

5/19 SS Card received!!

07/21 received txt message with interview date for August 26 :)

07/26 received letter in mail with Date and time for interview

stock-footage-opened-palms-of-man-and-wo

Just finished the interview at San Francisco. I don't know if we're approved or not. The IO is so serious she doesn't even want to smile at all. Anyway, the last word she said that I have to file the roc 90 days before the temporary gc expired. I guess, I'll just have to wait for my status to change. :)

AOS/EAD TIMELINE
  • Feb 4----Sent package
  • Feb 7----Delivered
  • Feb 11---Received text/ email receipt number
  • Feb 15---Received NOA1 hardcopy
  • Feb 24---Received biometrics appt
  • Mar 7----Biometrics
  • Mar 18--AOS status to testing & interview
  • --EAD still initial review
  • Apr 3----AOS status changed to appt. interview on May 8
  • Apr 9----EAD change to card/document production
  • Apr 16---Received EAD card
  • May 8---Interview for AOS
  • May 8---Status changed to card production
  • Post Decision
  • May 9---Card Production again
  • May 14--Card mailed
  • USPS pick up card
  • May 15--Received Green Card!!!
STEPCHILD PETITION TIMELINE
  • Apr 20------------Sent I-130 thru Fed Ex
  • Apr 24------------Received a text and email from uscis
  • Petition send to Nebraska Center
  • Apr 30------------Received NOA1 hardcopy
  • July 28----------- RFE
  • Sept 26----------- Sent RFE
  • Sept 28----------- Received RFE
  • Oct 7---------------Received Notif that my Case Approved
  • Oct 13------------- Received Hardcopy Noa2
  • Oct 21------------- Received email from USCIS sent to NVC
  • Oct 28-------------NVC received the papers from USCIS
  • Nov 19------------ Got the case number and invoice
  • Paid AOS fee
  • Nov 24------------AOS show paid and received an email from NVC
  • Paid IV Fee​
  • Dec. 4------------ Sent Civil Documents to NVC
  • Dec. 7------------ NVC received the documents
  • Dec. 10-----------NVC emailed that they received the document​
  • Jan. 15 -----------Case Complete​
  • Jan. 22 -----------Received email that my case is complete and i have to wait for the interview schedule :(
  • Feb. 3 -------------Rceived email of interview letter
  • Mar. 7------------Interview
  • ​Mar. 8------------Ready
  • ​Mar. 11-----------Issued
  • ​Mar. 14-----------Issued change date
  • ​Mar. 17-----------Pick Up Visa
  • ​Mar.18-----------CFO
  • ​Mar.24-----------POE (SFO)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• Feb 16- Sent Package to USPS
  • Feb 18- Delivered
  • Feb 22- Received NOA1
  • ​Feb 26- Biometrics Letter​
  • ​Mar29- Finger Print
  • Aug 31- Ask for Service Request
  • Sept 1- Ordered a new card!
  • Sept 10- Received Green Card on Mail

Timeline

Just finished the interview at San Francisco. I don't know if we're approved or not. The IO is so serious she doesn't even want to smile at all. Anyway, the last word she said that I have to file the roc 90 days before the temporary gc expired. I guess, I'll just have to wait for my status to change. :)

Congratulations!!! No ROC needed if you were denied!

Day 04 NOA1 Feb 24, 2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! Great position to be in but shows how inefficient some of the process is.

I definitely agree. Today is day 69 for me and I just received the e-mail that my EAD is in card production!

04/25/2009: First Met and not long after began a long distance relationship.

10/27/2012: Married

12/20/2013 Most recent US Entry. Two week visit intended - decided to switch from consular processing to AOS after change in circumstances.

I-130 - See my profile for detailed info

AOS

02/05/2014: I-693 Civil Surgeon Medical Exam

02/28/2014: (00) AOS sent

03/03/2014: (03) AOS received

03/05/2014: (05) NOA date

03/06/2014: (06) Cheques cashed

03/10/2014: (10) Received hardcopy of NOA's

03/17/2014: (17) Received biometrics notice (appt. date 04/07/2014)

03/18/2014: (18) Successful walk-in for biometrics Brooklyn ASC

04/10/2014: (41) AOS E-mail notification status updated to Testing and Interview

04/16/2014: (47) AOS E-mail notification Interview Appointment Notice for May 19, 2014 @ 9:30 a.m.

05/08/2014: (69) EAD card in production e-mail notification

05/14/2014: (75) EAD card mailed and tracking number e-mail notification

05/16/2014: (77) EAD card received and applied for SSN

05/19/2014: (80) AOS Interview at Federal Plaza - approval pending due to I-130 file not transferred to NYC field office from Nebraska!

06/04/2014: (96) Infopass scheduled in order to show approved I-130 notice and attempt to get I-485 approval sped up. IO wasn't at work so left copy of approved I-130 and written case review request.

06/20/2014: (112) Green card was approved.

06/26/2014: (118) Received e-mail/text notification of green card approval and that card was also mailed. Received USPS tracking number at 6:45 p.m. EST.

06/27/2014: (119) Received green card in the mailbox.

ROC

03/22/2016: (00) I-751 package sent

03/23/2016: (01) I-751 package received at CSC

03/28/2016: (07) Rcvd NOA1 that includes 1 yr GC extension

03/31/2016: (10) Rcvd Bio appt notice (appt. date 04/11/2016)

04/05/2016: (15) Early bio walk-in attempt successful

Timeline

I definitely agree. Today is day 69 for me and I just received the e-mail that my EAD is in card production!

Awesome! Congrats! It should arrive just in time for you to surrender it at Federal Plaza right after you're approved for your AOS!!!

Day 04 NOA1 Feb 24, 2014

Updated aos status to card/document production. :)

AOS/EAD TIMELINE
  • Feb 4----Sent package
  • Feb 7----Delivered
  • Feb 11---Received text/ email receipt number
  • Feb 15---Received NOA1 hardcopy
  • Feb 24---Received biometrics appt
  • Mar 7----Biometrics
  • Mar 18--AOS status to testing & interview
  • --EAD still initial review
  • Apr 3----AOS status changed to appt. interview on May 8
  • Apr 9----EAD change to card/document production
  • Apr 16---Received EAD card
  • May 8---Interview for AOS
  • May 8---Status changed to card production
  • Post Decision
  • May 9---Card Production again
  • May 14--Card mailed
  • USPS pick up card
  • May 15--Received Green Card!!!
STEPCHILD PETITION TIMELINE
  • Apr 20------------Sent I-130 thru Fed Ex
  • Apr 24------------Received a text and email from uscis
  • Petition send to Nebraska Center
  • Apr 30------------Received NOA1 hardcopy
  • July 28----------- RFE
  • Sept 26----------- Sent RFE
  • Sept 28----------- Received RFE
  • Oct 7---------------Received Notif that my Case Approved
  • Oct 13------------- Received Hardcopy Noa2
  • Oct 21------------- Received email from USCIS sent to NVC
  • Oct 28-------------NVC received the papers from USCIS
  • Nov 19------------ Got the case number and invoice
  • Paid AOS fee
  • Nov 24------------AOS show paid and received an email from NVC
  • Paid IV Fee​
  • Dec. 4------------ Sent Civil Documents to NVC
  • Dec. 7------------ NVC received the documents
  • Dec. 10-----------NVC emailed that they received the document​
  • Jan. 15 -----------Case Complete​
  • Jan. 22 -----------Received email that my case is complete and i have to wait for the interview schedule :(
  • Feb. 3 -------------Rceived email of interview letter
  • Mar. 7------------Interview
  • ​Mar. 8------------Ready
  • ​Mar. 11-----------Issued
  • ​Mar. 14-----------Issued change date
  • ​Mar. 17-----------Pick Up Visa
  • ​Mar.18-----------CFO
  • ​Mar.24-----------POE (SFO)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• Feb 16- Sent Package to USPS
  • Feb 18- Delivered
  • Feb 22- Received NOA1
  • ​Feb 26- Biometrics Letter​
  • ​Mar29- Finger Print
  • Aug 31- Ask for Service Request
  • Sept 1- Ordered a new card!
  • Sept 10- Received Green Card on Mail

Filed: TN Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I also had my interview today. It was not bad at all. I mean I think I was panicking WAY too much for this. I am SOO SOO grateful to have found this site though because without it, I wouldn't have been able to prepare everything that I did. Our interview was in Indianapolis. The lady interviewing us called me in first and then she called in my husband after (we were never together in the same room at one time). I believe the Indianapolis office likes to do separate interviews.

When I went in, she asked me to take the oath and then get started. I noticed that she had all the documents I had mailed in an accordion binder (the two hole punched at the top, I remember how much I looked up online figuring out which binder to use!) Anyway, so after the oath she started asking me questions from the I-485. After that she asked me THE QUESTION! "How did you two meet?" I went on and said the name of the specific website we met at and at this point she was writing down notes super fast. She took the name of the site, asked me the month we met and then if met online, when did we physically meet in person. She was nice, smiling and seemed to expect me to dive right in to the story. I explained the story with a timeline and she kept writing events for each month ... first met, parents, engagement.

And she also asked, when was the last time I entered US ? Was I inspected. She asked to see my passport and verified the I-94 number. She confirmed that whether I was in the country on a TN visa before I met my husband. I said yes. Then I started talking about our honeymoon, went on to show pictures and she had the pictures I mailed with my application which she asked if she can keep. Then she asked if there's anything I'd like to give her as proof of relationship. I gave her our updated tax papers. I gave her husband's life insurance papers ... baby ultrasound pictures... and I think thats it. Then after about 10 mins, she took outside and asked my husband to go in. She asked him just the dates to I guess verify if we were on the same page. and he came out in 5 mins... he didn't even tell me what she asked him. He thinks I'm obsessing because she gave him a piece of paper saying that I will recommend your case for approval. Then after 2-3 hours I got a text and this is what it says and can someone please tell me what it all means???

On May 8, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

Timeline

Jun - Job offer in US
Jul - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US - 2 year valid

Aug - Left for Hong Kong for training - re-entered @ JFK and received 2nd TN

Sep - Continued work in U.S. on TN visa - valid till Jul 31, 2014

April - Met husband for the 1st time

May- decided to get married

August - Married in Texas, honeymoon in Hawaii (did not leave U.S.)

October - Quit TN job in U.S and moved to Ohio

Feb 18th (Day 0) - Mailed in my AOS package via UPS Express (I-130 & I-485, I693, I864, I765, I131)

Feb 19th (Day 1) - UPS tracking shows package delivered!!!

Feb 25th (Day 6) - Rcvd text&email NOA1 (I-130 = Initial Review & I-485=Acceptance, I693, I864, I765=Initial Review,I131 = Initial Review )

Feb 27th (Day 8) - Rcvd NOA1 in the mail

March 4th (Day 13) - Received biometrics appt letter in the mail - (appt for March 20 in Indianapolis)

March 20th (Day 30) - Biometrics Completed in Indianapolis

March 24th (Day 34) - waiting..... waiting.... and waiting for my travel authorization .. really wanna go to Canada

March 31st (Day 41) - AOS - Received text and email for change of status to "interview and testing"

April 7th (Day 48) - AOS - Received text and email for NOA mailed with info about "interview and testing". Says Interview scheduled for May 8th!!!!

April 10th (Day 52) - AOS - Received NOA2 in the mail for interview on May 8th at 9:30 in Indianapolis

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I also had my interview today. It was not bad at all. I mean I think I was panicking WAY too much for this. I am SOO SOO grateful to have found this site though because without it, I wouldn't have been able to prepare everything that I did. Our interview was in Indianapolis. The lady interviewing us called me in first and then she called in my husband after (we were never together in the same room at one time). I believe the Indianapolis office likes to do separate interviews.

When I went in, she asked me to take the oath and then get started. I noticed that she had all the documents I had mailed in an accordion binder (the two hole punched at the top, I remember how much I looked up online figuring out which binder to use!) Anyway, so after the oath she started asking me questions from the I-485. After that she asked me THE QUESTION! "How did you two meet?" I went on and said the name of the specific website we met at and at this point she was writing down notes super fast. She took the name of the site, asked me the month we met and then if met online, when did we physically meet in person. She was nice, smiling and seemed to expect me to dive right in to the story. I explained the story with a timeline and she kept writing events for each month ... first met, parents, engagement.

And she also asked, when was the last time I entered US ? Was I inspected. She asked to see my passport and verified the I-94 number. She confirmed that whether I was in the country on a TN visa before I met my husband. I said yes. Then I started talking about our honeymoon, went on to show pictures and she had the pictures I mailed with my application which she asked if she can keep. Then she asked if there's anything I'd like to give her as proof of relationship. I gave her our updated tax papers. I gave her husband's life insurance papers ... baby ultrasound pictures... and I think thats it. Then after about 10 mins, she took outside and asked my husband to go in. She asked him just the dates to I guess verify if we were on the same page. and he came out in 5 mins... he didn't even tell me what she asked him. He thinks I'm obsessing because she gave him a piece of paper saying that I will recommend your case for approval. Then after 2-3 hours I got a text and this is what it says and can someone please tell me what it all means???

On May 8, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

It means that you are approved and you can expect to get your card within five days, you will soon have your green card in your hand, celebrate be happy and thank god.

Timeline

Updated aos status to card/document production. :)

Congratulations :dancing:

Awesome! Congrats! It should arrive just in time for you to surrender it at Federal Plaza right after you're approved for your AOS!!!

I like the way you think! I'm hoping for that as well :thumbs:

12/20/2013 Most recent US Entry. Two week visit intended - decided to switch from consular processing to AOS after change in circumstances.

AOS

04/10/2014: (41) AOS E-mail notification status updated to Testing and Interview

04/16/2014: (47) AOS E-mail notification Interview Appointment Notice for May 19, 2014 @ 9:30 a.m.

05/19/2014: (80) AOS Interview at Federal Plaza - approval pending due to I-130 file not transferred to NYC field office from Nebraska!

06/04/2014: (96) Infopass scheduled in order to show approved I-130 notice and attempt to get I-485 approval sped up. IO wasn't at work so left copy of approved I-130 and written case review request.

06/26/2014: (118) Received e-mail/text notification of green card approval and that card was also mailed. Received USPS tracking number at 6:45 p.m. EST.

ROC

Timeline

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

It means that you are officially approved for your GREEN CARD and you'll get it within 60 days! Congratulations :)

AOS

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.