• My SO found VJ
    • Google search
    • By accident
    • From Family/Friend
    • Other, plz explain

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline
Yahoo search for K1 visa info. I had already sent in the petition by the time I found VJ though.

Us too, Christina!! I really wish we would have had it, but we managed I guess! Found it about 2 months after sending in the forms though, so it sure helped with the rest of the process. Having no idea of wait times, etc. would have been horrible if we hadn't found it! I checked Google and by accident, because it was both. We both sort of found it as well. I was searching for the answer to a question we had after he left from spending 3 months here one summer..we were wondering how soon he could return after having been here almost the max amount of time already. I found the answer, but when Craig looked it over (from England) he noticed the link to VJ. :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I found it on Google while searching for information on the K-1 Visa, but was also directed here a few months ago by someone on a LDR (Long Distance Relationship) forum when I expressed an interest in a future marriage to my foreign boyfriend. I had just forgotten about it.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
I found it by accident as well, but im sure glad i did :yes:

AMEN!!!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was initially on www.visapro.com and the place sucked. I mean really, people were harassing me from day one saying my information was going to go straight to USCIS and that I was lying and whatever... I had written ONE post. I found another post on there where someone was complaining that you couldn't type urls into your posts because the admins/moderators would erase them... or possibly ban you.. and someone wrote "go to visa j o u r ne y dot co m" , they're much better help! So I went.. and haven't looked back since!

P.S. It was so bad there, that after posting only once or twice, I had to contact the moderators and ask them to remove all my personal information and any posts I had made. Yep. Awful.

Edited by xjennyinstereox

I-485 AOS Filing (shortened timeline):

08/25/06 - WEDDING DAY <3

09/14/06 - Medical

09/18/06 - Mailed AOS

10/04/06 - RFE request I-485

10/11/06 - RFE response rec'd by USCIS

10/12/06 - BIOMETRICS done!

11/18/06 - Interview Notice in mail (Day 60)

12/26/06 - *TOUCH* I-765, EAD approval notice sent (Day 98)

12/29/06 - Received EAD, applied for SSN (Day 101)

01/03/07 - *TOUCH* I-130, I-485, I-765 received EAD (Day 106)

01/10/07 - INTERVIEW 9:45am Baltimore! Recommended for approval (Day 113)

05/08/07 - APPROVAL NOTICE & WELCOME TO USA LETTER SENT! (Day 231)

05/14/07 - Received I-130 approval & welcome letter (Day 237)

05/15/07 - Green card ordered (Day 238)

I-751 Filing:

02/06/09 - Mailed I-751! (Day 1)

02/09/09 - I-751 Delivered to Vermont (Day 4)

02/13/09 - NOA 1 (Day 8)

03/06/09 - BIOMETRICS (Day 29)

03/09/09 - *TOUCH* (Day 32)

06/26/09 - 10 year green card APPROVED! (Day 141)