melharms

I-131 questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi

My new Australian husband and I have made it through the K1 process, and have completed our papers his I-485,and I-765 per the guidelines set here ...it states we should include the I-131 as well in this packet. However I'm a bit confused as what to fill in here.

At this time he doesn't have any travel plans outside of the USA, though in the event of a family emergency we would certainly like for him to be able to travel to Australia without worry of him getting back into the USA.

So on the I-131 it asks Questions regarding date of departure, length of trip ect.....how do we answer theses? Also which application type is he? I believe he is a 1.d. Applying for advance parole is that correct?

Any help with this would be appreciated!! I've search here but not finding the answers I need.

Melanie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Take a look at the VJ Example Form I-131 for more information: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf.

When we filled out my wife's AP application we didn't have a specific trip planned, but applied in anticipation of possible issues with her elderly mother's health. We put down a reasonable date in the future for a two week trip to go home, if necessary. Check out some similar threads in the Family-based AOS forum and also in this forum for more information.

Since recent AOS processing has tended to be quite protracted, concurrent applications for the EAD/AP combo card with the AOS paperwork makes more sense than ever. This is a very popular discussion topic, with numerous thread on the topic.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks! Form is now completed...think I just was overwhelmed by the length of it. However many of sections didn't apply to his situation so it was much more straight forward then I initially thought. Sometimes I search here but don't always find right off the start the answers I'm looking for. ...wished there was an option to limit the search to the forums only and not the full google box search, but do really appreciate this sites help through all of this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Glad to have helped. Getting the AOS/EAD/AP process started is a big step. Filled with lots of paperwork, as you now well now. Apparently, USCIS employs the Form I-131 for numerous immigration travel purposes, hence the seemingly multitude of choices. But through the VJ example forms button at the top of the forum page you can easily gain access to that information.

Hopefully your applications will be processed in swift order, though like so much lately with USCIS.... seemingly endless delays. Do not despair. At the end of this segment of the process, when the conditional Green Card is received, there is a 21-month reprieve (vacation! dancin5hr.gif ) from dealing with USCIS shenanigans.

We are getting near the end of our reprieve from USCIS and have to now start preparing for the ROC phase. It is all just another process to complete in our immigration journey. We are vey thankful for the many good people that have completed their immigration journey and set up this site for all of us to use while we are in the midst of our immigration journey.

Happy trails !!!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.