cwhetstine

Will we get approved?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks guys!

This is exactly the kind of info and support we needed. I wish I had discovered this web sight before I invested with an online Visa Service. This last 8 months without her and this entire K1 visa process is more stressful than any military deployment I ever had.

Business attire: Understood. I'm sure we could find something in her wardrobe. If I could dress her like a Mormon school teacher during the day of the interview I would. lol (no offense to you morons out there)

One last question if you guys don't mind.

All the forms I sent with I-129F and packet 3, Should she also bring copies when doing the interview? or is that overkill? She has originals of everything. (mine and her divorce degrees, Thai single papers, letter from my work etc.)

If approved I will surly list steps that we have taken to finally get here. Thanks again all for the encouraging words and advice.

- charlie

Thanks guys!

This is exactly the kind of info and support we needed. I wish I had discovered this web sight before I invested with an online Visa Service. This last 8 months without her and this entire K1 visa process is more stressful than any military deployment I ever had.

Business attire: Understood. I'm sure we could find something in her wardrobe. If I could dress her like a Mormon school teacher during the day of the interview I would. lol (no offense to you morons out there)

All the forms I sent with I-129F and packet 3, Should she also bring copies when doing the interview? or is that overkill? She has originals of everything. (mine and her divorce degrees, Thai single papers, letter from my work etc.)

If approved I will surly list steps that we have taken to finally get here. Thanks again all for the encouraging words and advice.

- charlie

It does not hurt to have her bring copies of the Petition, and NVC papers. I have heard stories where people get to the interview and they have lost something. In the end it could just be extra papers that she is carrying around that day, but better than not having them if needed.

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

Timeline

Bring a complete set of the 129 & P3 packets. Most likely you will not need it, but better to have it then get a 221 for somthing stupid. Also, I assume you put a new intent letter in the P3. Bring that as well.

Don;t get too worked up with business attire. She knows how to dress for official events, she will be fine.

Ning has said many times, the decision is made before your fiance ever gets to the window. They will only be asking for clarification of anything that may be fuzzy.

Relax, Inhale, exhale, etc.

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the attorney?

Edited by slowlyman

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks guys!

- charlie

The process is stressful because we don't know anything about it until we really need it. Once it begins we will learn immigrating to the USA is a truly amazing series of events. At least in the military you had a plan and were armed; here you are in no mans land for a time.

I don't think people need to bring all this case file info. If any of that was missing they wouldn't offer the interview date. These cases are built in steps adding the docs sent in along that path. If anything were needed it could be scanned to them because it certainly wouldn't be the basic docs they have to have. People that are unsure could take as much as they can carry of course.

These women shouldn't need anyone to dress them. Those that appear at this event dressed as less than respectable citizens of Thailand are subject to the process. I doubt she will have any problem with this.

She will now interview where she will be asked for her passport at some point. If there is a any problem it will be about the job. This should not be seen as bad and it just my opinion at a distance from the case. This could be exactly as the O P states therefore these embassy people will certainly know about this place. That will end the drama.

When she is asked for the passport it means success. They don't ask when they expect the person to need to return with it.

Edited by Ning

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Once it begins we will learn immigrating to the USA is a truly amazing series of events.

I guess amazing is one way to put it. I have another word for it, but I don't want a suspension. goofy.gif

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Sorry for the delayed response guys.

We have been a bit preoccupied with Interview practice questions everyday and with the crazy weather we've been getting on the east coast I haven't been online much (all this snow makes me miss Thailand ha!). The wedding is planed for a Thai style ceremony here at an local Thai temple in the states. Families from both sides have been informed and they're making plans to attend. (hopefully)

Everything resides on this K1 visa approval so we can get on with our lives.

Attorney: Originally we planned on Siam legal when I was still living with her in Thailand. (we even visited their main office on Sukhumvit) They seemed legit and their staff seemed professional enough. (Some Filipino guy) However, the price they quoted was really too high (90000 Baht) and I was almost going to pull the trigger but did some research online and decided not to. I choose to use the services of" Rapid Visa" ($400) which I would say was very helpful in the beginning process but really most of it I could have done myself (if I discovered Visajourney.com sooner) and it seemed they were more inclined to be more knowledgeable about K1 visa's for the Philippines and not Thailand specifically,Lesson learned,

My teerak Renu has here interview in less than 2 weeks, Here's hoping all goes well. Thanks again all for the profound advice and encouragement folks.I will surely pay it forward.

- Charlie

Edited by cwhetstine

Timeline

$400 that's a bargain. Some have paid $3,000 - $4,000 USD

My two cents on the interview "practice". These folks conduct interviews every day. Your not going to get anything past them. Best Renu just goes in relaxed and answers honestly. Jin and I never talked about the interview before hand. I didn't want her sitting there thinking "now what did he tell me to say when thay asked this?"

I most cases the interview is short and sweet. Don;t stress over it.

Timeline

I can tell you from personal recent experience, you do need her child's birth certificate. If you already put down the child on the 129, then if you are like us, you will get a 221g and it will say mail in the BC.

Timeline

It was 10:34pm eastern and there I was staring at the ceiling fan while laying in my bed. Laptop and cell phone nearby...anxiously waiting...waiting...helpless with so many thoughts racing through my mind>> "Will she get it?" "hope she answers the questions correctly," "Did we forget anything?"

Finally, the phone rings and it's Renu. My heart stops a beat.

Renu - "I got it!

Visa approved. I will write a thorough review of our process and how we got approved in less than 6 months on the Bangkok embassy review page. For now though, it's time to celebrate with an quick trip to the local Thai market to pickup a case of Singha! Thanks again for all the information VJ members you have been extremely helpful!

- Charlie

Edited by cwhetstine

Filed: Timeline

Grats, glad you avoided adminstrative processing.

I've lived with my fiance for almost 3 years in thailand, and the only thing we forgot to give them was a certificate of her being single (we didn't know where), sent that in along with police report and after 3 weeks, it's still administrative processing (which sounds like a black hole of file on a desk that never gets looked at).

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Grats, glad you avoided adminstrative processing.

I've lived with my fiance for almost 3 years in thailand, and the only thing we forgot to give them was a certificate of her being single (we didn't know where), sent that in along with police report and after 3 weeks, it's still administrative processing (which sounds like a black hole of file on a desk that never gets looked at).

AP is much quicker in Thailand than other places because of the usual suspect list of problems. Cases monitored by supervisors until complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.