1,462 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

@don123

I'm still checking this thread...

Congratulations :idea:

I really hope your remaining steps would proceed smoothly!!

:ph34r:

USCIS
02.06 2014: I130 sent (Our PD)

02.13 2014: NOA1 from NSC
08.08 2014: NOA2 from NSC
08.14 2014: Shipped to NVC

NVC

09.04 2014: Case Number & IIN assigned

09.10 2014: AOS & IV fee invoiced and paid

09.12 2014: Payment status shown as "Paid"

10.07 2014: Submitted DS-260 via CEAC online

10.08 2014: AOS & IV package sent

10.14 2014: Case received e-mail from NVC (scanned date 10.09)

12.11 2014: Case Complete e-mail from NVC

12.12 2014: P4 e-mail from NVC, interview date & time scheduled

Embassy of US in Tokyo

01.09 2015: BIO

01.26 2015: Interview -> Approved!

02.03 2015: Temporary CR-1 printed on my wife's passport

02.10 2015: The first entry in US

03.20 2015: CR1 green card in hand

:idea:

• 4 weeks later...

figured I'd resurrect this thread one more time..... to announce my cc.

although there are 8 of us waiting interviews to be scheduled in Montreal I don't anticipate an interview/approval before July. my fingers are crossed for a miracle, though.

hoping I'm the last feb filer out there to get finished with this process and can start living with my spouse like the rest of you!!

if not, here's wishes for a speedy cc and interview!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

figured I'd resurrect this thread one more time..... to announce my cc.

although there are 8 of us waiting interviews to be scheduled in Montreal I don't anticipate an interview/approval before July. my fingers are crossed for a miracle, though.

hoping I'm the last feb filer out there to get finished with this process and can start living with my spouse like the rest of you!!

if not, here's wishes for a speedy cc and interview!!!

Im also here still doing my AOS and package IV, good luck to you. :dancing:

Im also here still doing my AOS and package IV, good luck to you. :dancing:

don123, get that baby in asap.

they are pushing cases thru nvc like hot cakes.....mail it don't ep! not sure if srilanka has ep or not....but people have been getting thru nvc in like 21 to 35 days if they mail their stuff in. no one really knows what the deal is, but no one is complaining. I ep'ed my stuff in and saw tons to people sail past me, most aggravating. see here....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10PgA_IJw9TFvAjQGxJUNaQpD-fgwi6yh0pusO54oppo/edit#gid=0

and follow the scan dates to complete thread.

I'd get your stuff in asap because there is a humm that come mid may, with the daca applicants, this whole system could run a muck.

and congrats on getting thru uscis ...your almost at the end....

praying for a very speedy nvc process for you.

:)

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

don123, get that baby in asap.

they are pushing cases thru nvc like hot cakes.....mail it don't ep! not sure if srilanka has ep or not....but people have been getting thru nvc in like 21 to 35 days if they mail their stuff in. no one really knows what the deal is, but no one is complaining. I ep'ed my stuff in and saw tons to people sail past me, most aggravating. see here....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10PgA_IJw9TFvAjQGxJUNaQpD-fgwi6yh0pusO54oppo/edit#gid=0

and follow the scan dates to complete thread.

I'd get your stuff in asap because there is a humm that come mid may, with the daca applicants, this whole system could run a muck.

and congrats on getting thru uscis ...your almost at the end....

praying for a very speedy nvc process for you.

:)

thanks for the info and thanks for the blessings mrs thb:)

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations MrsThb and Don123!!!

I hope you'll both have a smooth process and get the visa approved and issued soon.

My husband and I just went to his interview last week. It went well thanks God, it got approved and issued. God willing he'll be here in the US soon.

Best wishes and prayers to all who are still in the process, God willing the wait will be over soon.

~ Sofi <3

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

I hope you'll both have a smooth process and get the visa approved and issued soon.

My husband and I just went to his interview last week. It went well thanks God, it got approved and issued. God willing he'll be here in the US soon.

Best wishes and prayers to all who are still in the process, God willing the wait will be over soon.

~ Sofi <3

thanks Sofi,

Don123 is still waiting. He's about to ship his docs to the NVC. Please pray he gets a quick approval so he can be done with it.

Many blessings to you and yours as you begin a new life living in America.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

~ Sofi <3

Congrats Sofi all the best for a good future. with blessings of u guys I will get it soon. :)

Edited by don123

• 1 month later...

As much as it may sound unbelievable, but I am still waiting on an NOA-2. Tomorrow marks 18 months of waiting.

noa1-Feb/11/14

please tell me your not sitting around waiting....please tell me you've been nudging them.

I was thinking about archiving this thread to announce I'm done but never got around to doing it....until I saw your post cdndude.

what is going on? you should be close....right....like its almost 18 months...isn't there an expiry or something like that to the uscis process? gosh brother, I feel for you!!!!

keep me post....please.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Better get help from senator, did u try that ?

please tell me your not sitting around waiting....please tell me you've been nudging them.

I was thinking about archiving this thread to announce I'm done but never got around to doing it....until I saw your post cdndude.

what is going on? you should be close....right....like its almost 18 months...isn't there an expiry or something like that to the uscis process? gosh brother, I feel for you!!!!

keep me post....please.

I talked to a senator and a congressman. Nothing they can do about it. It's just that the application is stuck on some background checks and it seems like my name is getting flagged for some reason (I am of a Middle Eastern descent after all). Two lawyers confirmed that fact that nothing can be done to speed up background checks. I can have a lawsuit but it seems like these have been getting dismissals lately and no success, plus it's not something I can afford at this point.

perhaps its time to file for a foia. http://www.foia.gov/

you need to know what is going on and why 18 months of delay. everyone needs to be transparent including you.

don't you want clarity on the name thing???

have either of the lawyers mentioned this?

mine did and we got on it asap (and she mentioned having this information handy could be helpful with future applications eg ROC)

lawsuits are rather complicated with uscis but there has been victory

i'd be rocking the boat if i was in your situation....there's no way (with my knowing my innocence and background) that i'd be sitting idle.

something isn't right.

maybe your a lot more patient than i, but there's no way i'd be sitting happily and let my life pass me by while my spouse and i live apart. he's just too important....and so are 'we'.

have you spoken with the pros on here about this? what do they say? 18 months, gosh!

prayin' for you bro.

I talked to a senator and a congressman. Nothing they can do about it. It's just that the application is stuck on some background checks and it seems like my name is getting flagged for some reason (I am of a Middle Eastern descent after all). Two lawyers confirmed that fact that nothing can be done to speed up background checks. I can have a lawsuit but it seems like these have been getting dismissals lately and no success, plus it's not something I can afford at this point.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.