1,462 posts in this topic

so how are my friends doing at the nvc? breathing easier these days i bet. :D

well, its nice nice knowing i have friends there now so i can get first hand info on the process....and have a cheering squad for that process too.

i wish i can help with some of your questions....and sure i might, so keep posting away! saylin's wiki is awesome as are others....seems like everyday i read something new.

my most recent timbit of info....adjudicators actually like immigration lawyers doing the filing; they're more organized and thorough. although i'd like to think ours was highly organized and thorough, i'm left questioning if it was.

question for y'all.....have people hired imm. lawyers mid way? and if so, who gets the lawyer? the petitioner or the beneficiary?

cheers to a bright sunny afternoon! :energy:

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well, its nice nice knowing i have friends there now so i can get first hand info on the process....and have a cheering squad for that process too.

i wish i can help with some of your questions....and sure i might, so keep posting away! saylin's wiki is awesome as are others....seems like everyday i read something new.

my most recent timbit of info....adjudicators actually like immigration lawyers doing the filing; they're more organized and thorough. although i'd like to think ours was highly organized and thorough, i'm left questioning if it was.

question for y'all.....have people hired imm. lawyers mid way? and if so, who gets the lawyer? the petitioner or the beneficiary?

Hi there mrs thb! :) Things don't seem to be moving any faster at NVC that they are at the service centers, from what I have been reading. I am a research nerd, so I have been into those forums for a while now. I'll keep you posted on the progress, but I really don't expect any movement for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. That's me, I always (try to) keep my expectations low.

As for your timbit :) on adjudicators and lawyers...I just bet they love lawyers, they don't pay them! I am no expert by any stretch, but I would not even think of hiring a lawyer to do what I can do for free. I'm cheap, and not rich...lol! Now, if your case has complications where an immigration lawyer's help would be beneficial, they absolutely. And I know there are a lot of people who do not do well with forms and stuff, I get that...or they don't have the time or energy to tackle this process. Understood.

For NVC, if a lawyer were necessary, I would think it would be the beneficiary who would hire the lawyer as it is primarily the beneficiary who is applying for the visa. That's just my ever-so-humble opinion. That being said, as a married couple, what difference does it make who hires the lawyer? Just sayin'...:D

Where are you that it's so sunny? We had torrential rain here in Winnipeg, flooded streets, power outages...and the weekend is not looking much better. But cheers back at ya :energy: !!

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Hi there mrs thb! :) Things don't seem to be moving any faster at NVC that they are at the service centers, from what I have been reading. I am a research nerd, so I have been into those forums for a while now. I'll keep you posted on the progress, but I really don't expect any movement for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. That's me, I always (try to) keep my expectations low.

As for your timbit :) on adjudicators and lawyers...I just bet they love lawyers, they don't pay them! I am no expert by any stretch, but I would not even think of hiring a lawyer to do what I can do for free. I'm cheap, and not rich...lol! Now, if your case has complications where an immigration lawyer's help would be beneficial, they absolutely. And I know there are a lot of people who do not do well with forms and stuff, I get that...or they don't have the time or energy to tackle this process. Understood.

For NVC, if a lawyer were necessary, I would think it would be the beneficiary who would hire the lawyer as it is primarily the beneficiary who is applying for the visa. That's just my ever-so-humble opinion. That being said, as a married couple, what difference does it make who hires the lawyer? Just sayin'... :D

Where are you that it's so sunny? We had torrential rain here in Winnipeg, flooded streets, power outages...and the weekend is not looking much better. But cheers back at ya :energy: !!

i'm with him....me very happy!!!! great weather here everyday....our joke is..... for everyday i get rain and grey skies, i give him sunshine and blue! on occasion (when he feels he's had enough) he lends me the sunshine and takes rain!!! yip, 360 days of blue and yellow here. hence, why i am moving and not him.

question.....are lawyers hired on mid-way??? ie mid way through the uscis journey?

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Timeline

i'm with him....me very happy!!!! great weather here everyday....our joke is..... for everyday i get rain and grey skies, i give him sunshine and blue! on occasion (when he feels he's had enough) he lends me the sunshine and takes rain!!! yip, 360 days of blue and yellow here. hence, why i am moving and not him.

question.....are lawyers hired on mid-way??? ie mid way through the uscis journey?

Hmmm...I see this whole process in three steps (in my little brain). I would think that an immigration lawyer wouldn't object too much at helping at the NVC step. Maybe post this question in the NVC forum, or...because I am such a research geek, I will poke around here in VJ and see if I can scare something up.

Enjoy your time together! Sunshine and blue skies....and a unicorn or two for good luck! :goofy::goofy:

ROC

N-400

Timeline

Well mrs thb, I have been fishing around and it looks as though you can hire a lawyer whenever you want. From what I have read though, and I am sure you already know this, you lose a lot of control over the process when you have a lawyer involved. And...they tend to get snippy if you go digging around at NVC without them. So, if you don't mind relinquishing control of the process, and possibly having the process take a little longer (because it's not YOU calling NVC nagging at them for every invoice and online form) then you can hire a lawyer to field your way through.

This is all I have been able to find on many different forum sites. They pretty much all say the same thing.

I'm outa here now...have a great weekend!

ROC

N-400

Well mrs thb, I have been fishing around and it looks as though you can hire a lawyer whenever you want. From what I have read though, and I am sure you already know this, you lose a lot of control over the process when you have a lawyer involved. And...they tend to get snippy if you go digging around at NVC without them. So, if you don't mind relinquishing control of the process, and possibly having the process take a little longer (because it's not YOU calling NVC nagging at them for every invoice and online form) then you can hire a lawyer to field your way through.

This is all I have been able to find on many different forum sites. They pretty much all say the same thing.

I'm outa here now...have a great weekend!

i was really wondering more about the uscis stage....saying this process begins to take much longer. would it be beneficial to get someone who has greater expertise in jump threw these hoops assist our petition. just curious i guess and making sure all bases covered...god forbid we need one though.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Ok... Need some help here please from fellow NSC-ers or filers .. I 'think' out I-130 petition is approved. Got an email about 10 hours ago that says that but our online status still shows that we are in initial review. Has anyone been in this kind of pickle. I don't know whether I should celebrate or not .. Please help.thanks in advance .

Ok... Need some help here please from fellow NSC-ers or filers .. I 'think' out I-130 petition is approved. Got an email about 10 hours ago that says that but our online status still shows that we are in initial review. Has anyone been in this kind of pickle. I don't know whether I should celebrate or not .. Please help.thanks in advance .

USCIS Stage

I-130 sent to: Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

Nearest US consulate: Singapore

I-130 routed to: Nebraska Service Centre

I-130 NOA1: 3 Feb 2014

I-130 approved: 22 Aug 2014 (email)

I-130 NOA2 : 25 Aug 2014 (hard-copy)

NVC Stage

Case No. & Invoice ID No. Assigned: 02 Oct 2014 ( email and mail from NVC)

Oh sorry ... Forgot to include the email

Date: Saturday, August 23, 2014

Subject: Your recent inquiry (receipt #LIN-14-902-97813)

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@vanderbilt.edu

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

P.O. BOX 82521

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

LINCOLN,NE 68501

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Friday, August 22, 2014

Emailed to xxxxxxxxxxx@vanderbilt.edu

Dear Xxx yyyy:

On 08/08/2014 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I130

Filing date:

-- 02/03/2014

Receipt #:

-- LIN-14-xxxxxxxxxxx

Referral ID:

WKDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for contacting USCIS about this case. According to our systems this petition was approved and it has been sent to production. Your case will be processed in order based on the approval date. If you do not receive the document within 30 days feel free to contact us again.

We hope this information is helpful to you

-----------------------------------

Online Services

We offer many online services and tools to help you find the information you need. Please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov for information about:

* Using our Case Status Online tool;

* Signing up for case status updates;

* Checking processing times;

* Submitting an e-Request to inquire about certain applications and petitions;

* Using our Office Locator;

* Using InfoPass to schedule an appointment; and

* Downloading forms.

Address Changes

If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

For More Information

If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Timeline

P.O. BOX 82521

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

LINCOLN,NE 68501

Friday, August 22, 2014

Dear Xxx yyyy:

On 08/08/2014 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I130

Filing date:

-- 02/03/2014

Receipt #:

-- LIN-14-xxxxxxxxxxx

Referral ID:

WKDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for contacting USCIS about this case. According to our systems this petition was approved and it has been sent to production. Your case will be processed in order based on the approval date. If you do not receive the document within 30 days feel free to contact us again.

Online Services

We offer many online services and tools to help you find the information you need. Please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov for information about:

* Downloading forms.

Address Changes

If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

For More Information

If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

Hi domo22! I put in an eRequest and was approved around 4 or 5 days after. After I got the approval email, I got an email like this, except it told the actual date of approval. I guess it depends what kind of inquiry you made as to whether they include the approval date. My guess is that this email was generated so closely after approval that it hasn't shown in the system yet. But you are correct in believing what they state in the email...you have been approved! Congratulations! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

I should add that you should get an actual approval email, and you should see a change on the USCIS website soon. Good luck in NVC my friend! :)

Edited by Dualie

ROC

N-400

It tells you right on the form. I got this link off Saylin's Wiki on Electronic Processing for Montreal Beneficiaries, but it would apply to anybody who uses the form. Let me know if the link works for you.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864ez.pdf

Thanks Dualie, all I saw they ask for is proof of income such as tax transcripts. I'm sure it's not that easy lol! Anyways, I got my NOA2 hard copy yesterday in the mail, exactly 1 week after approval. Instruccions simply say to wait at least 30 days for NVC to contact me about my case and if they don't, to call them instead.

I have a friend that is an immi lawyer and she said "absolutely you can hire one mid-way". I did not hire my friend because this is a simple case, but if I had complications, then I would've. She charges $1,500 for complete case, and $700 if I-130 filed already on your own. Just to give you an idea. I believe you won't need one though, just keep holding on, this coming week is your turn, I have a good feeling!! :D

Thanks for your inputs and all, Dualie.
I hope you are right ! :)

The thing is since both of us live abroad, we are unable to use any of the online services like e-request and stuff.

For any kind of request, be it address change or service request, has to be done on the phone with a tier 2 officer.

We are planning to call USCIS on Monday, to confirm just in case.. if we get another email like you guys got, that'd be super.

Hi domo22! I put in an eRequest and was approved around 4 or 5 days after. After I got the approval email, I got an email like this, except it told the actual date of approval. I guess it depends what kind of inquiry you made as to whether they include the approval date. My guess is that this email was generated so closely after approval that it hasn't shown in the system yet. But you are correct in believing what they state in the email...you have been approved! Congratulations! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

I should add that you should get an actual approval email, and you should see a change on the USCIS website soon. Good luck in NVC my friend! :)

Edited by domo22

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

P.O. BOX 82521

NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER

LINCOLN,NE 68501

Friday, August 22, 2014

Dear Xxx yyyy:

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I130

Filing date:

-- 02/03/2014

Receipt #:

-- LIN-14-xxxxxxxxxxx

Referral ID:

WKDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Online Services

* Downloading forms.

Address Changes

For More Information

I believe you have being approved. Btw congrats and good luck with NVC

Timeline

Thanks Dualie, all I saw they ask for is proof of income such as tax transcripts. I'm sure it's not that easy lol! Anyways, I got my NOA2 hard copy yesterday in the mail, exactly 1 week after approval. Instruccions simply say to wait at least 30 days for NVC to contact me about my case and if they don't, to call them instead.

Saylin says to start calling after a couple of weeks, but they are pretty backlogged so I am giving it a month, and then if I don't here anything I will start calling. I am going on a holiday anyway and I am still waiting on a document. Hopefully the process will be moving for me by end September.. :)

Have you read the guides and wikis on the NVC process? Saylin tells you everything you need to know there. Just remember that times will be a little longer because of the recent delays and backlogs.

Edited by Dualie

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.