~Jackie~

The last Saturday thread of 2006

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

So excited she had to tell us 3 times!!! :P

Happy Eid to all those celebrating.

:star:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
So excited she had to tell us 3 times!!! :P

Happy Eid to all those celebrating.

:star:

hahaha I was thinking why did someone post 3 times... then I realized I did!

I am just too excited!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i'm glad you're ok... I'm sure that was quite the rush!

Well, not having had an accident before, i keep saying "that was such a surreal experience!". I stood on the side of the interstate going "wow, look at my car!! I just paid it off!".

LOL, the state trooper asked me "did you scream??" .. . I am wondering why he did that, but I know I didn't . . . I felt very calm and it seemed everything slowed down and I noticed a lot of things, but not everything . . . so strange!!! Parts of it did remind me of a rollercoaster ride . . . like after the last time I got hit . . . the head-on with the State Trooper (or what ever part of his vehicle I hit with the front of my car) . . . then rushing off the road and down into the ditch to finally end up at the bottom with mud on the car and pointing back up at the interstate. All 3 vehicles ended up in the ditch . . . but spaced well apart.

Totally SURREAL!!! . . . except for the ugly large bruise on my right side going down under my arm . . . stupid seat belts!!! But it did its job!

i am happy to hear that you are well. cars can be fixed or replaced. (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
The fire department just left our place. Our carbon monoxide alarm was going off - apparently from my cooking. :blink:

Has this happened to anyone before?

How strange. But glad to hear everyone is okay. Or I'm assuming so rather.

Never happened to me when I used one but I don't have one right now.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
The fire department just left our place. Our carbon monoxide alarm was going off - apparently from my cooking. :blink:

What were you cooking ??????

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol:

I cooked a steak in the broiler. They said it's pretty common to get low-level CO readings after using a gas stove. It's just weird that it's never happened before then.

Timeline
How strange. But glad to hear everyone is okay. Or I'm assuming so rather.

Never happened to me when I used one but I don't have one right now.

Oh yeah, everyone's fine, thanks.

False alarm I guess.

Timeline

I cooked a steak in the broiler. They said it's pretty common to get low-level CO readings after using a gas stove. It's just weird that it's never happened before then.

Wow I never knew that. I would have been pretty concerned, too.

I've broiled steaks in the oven before, but my ovens are electric. But I have gas burners on the stovetop -- wonder if I could have the same problem. I'll keep this in mind if the alarm ever goes off.

(By the way, dual fuel ROCKS wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo :dance: )

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Wow I never knew that. I would have been pretty concerned, too.

I've broiled steaks in the oven before, but my ovens are electric. But I have gas burners on the stovetop -- wonder if I could have the same problem. I'll keep this in mind if the alarm ever goes off.

(By the way, dual fuel ROCKS wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo :dance: )

I loved when I had an oven with gas burners and an electric stove. I miss that!

The oven we have now is literally from the 50's. If it happens again, I'm gonna put my foot down and tell them that they need to replace it with something more modern...

Timeline
I loved when I had an oven with gas burners and an electric stove. I miss that!

The oven we have now is literally from the 50's. If it happens again, I'm gonna put my foot down and tell them that they need to replace it with something more modern...

Heh. When I bought this house, it had some gigantic relic from the Cretaceous period called an "O'Keefe and Merritt." It was huge - 42" wide, double ovens. Anyway it finally started to expire -- got down to only 2 burners working, then one, then one of the ovens gave out.

When I pulled it out from the wall, I saw there was an old gas line back there that had been capped off. So I was like.... :idea: Had the gas company check it out, and it still worked. So yep I got me a big ole brand new 42" stainless steel, self-cleaning, dual fuel, glass top with sealed gas burners, dual oven culinary delight ! B) I love it. (L)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam Hello and Salut

Awwwwww last 2006 thread.... o bad...2006 started off werid, but ending on a good note.... Yea for all the approvals...

I pray 2007 is better...Happy Eid everyone and Happy New Year

i'm glad you're ok... I'm sure that was quite the rush!

Well, not having had an accident before, i keep saying "that was such a surreal experience!". I stood on the side of the interstate going "wow, look at my car!! I just paid it off!".

LOL, the state trooper asked me "did you scream??" .. . I am wondering why he did that, but I know I didn't . . . I felt very calm and it seemed everything slowed down and I noticed a lot of things, but not everything . . . so strange!!! Parts of it did remind me of a rollercoaster ride . . . like after the last time I got hit . . . the head-on with the State Trooper (or what ever part of his vehicle I hit with the front of my car) . . . then rushing off the road and down into the ditch to finally end up at the bottom with mud on the car and pointing back up at the interstate. All 3 vehicles ended up in the ditch . . . but spaced well apart.

Totally SURREAL!!! . . . except for the ugly large bruise on my right side going down under my arm . . . stupid seat belts!!! But it did its job!

Catherine- I am happy to hear you are okay. I had a 6 car accident about a month ago and just settled with the insurance this week and just drove home in my new car. It was a surreal experience for me and I was so happy not to be more seriously injuried considering what could have happened, that I was much less upset than I think I would have been otherwise.

Take care of yourself. You might really start to feel bruised up in the next few days.

Ah the JOY of Cooking. Gla dto hear everything turned out okay...

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

treating your husband like a god, giving him a burnt offering? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Catherine- I am happy to hear you are okay. I had a 6 car accident about a month ago and just settled with the insurance this week and just drove home in my new car. It was a surreal experience for me and I was so happy not to be more seriously injuried considering what could have happened, that I was much less upset than I think I would have been otherwise.

Take care of yourself. You might really start to feel bruised up in the next few days.

SIX cars!! MBP, can't imagine what that would be like. You are right . . . I am thankful that it was not worse.

Yes, Charles, the car can be replaced/fixed . . . the body is another thing. . . . just having a huge bruise is nothing. I could have had whiplash or injured my back . .. since I carry a lot of tension in my body from work, those are my trouble spots to start with.

I am just impatient in that I want them to go look at the car NOW, so I can know how to move forward with the car . . . hey, the rental car is nice, but I want my own car!

Oh, funny story now . . . when I went to the Enterprise Rental place in Ft. Smith (my hometown in Arkansas) . . . they told me the other woman had been in the night before to pick up a car (didn't know she would come back there since the accident was 30 miles over in OKLA) . . . the woman helping me told me "that woman was crazy!!!" . . . LOL, maybe so . . . she caused the accident . . . AND she had on a neck brace as she opted to go to the hospital when i turned it down.

I also didn't pickup the car there and got it yesterday after I arrived back in Dallas . . . they told me I'd have to pay a drop-off fee (equal to the amount of miles I drove it) because Dallas was out of their group. Darn!! I could have driven off with a Dodge Magnum which had only 25 miles on it. . . instead all I got was a Nissan maxima (2500 miles on that one)!!!

Edited by cbd2cai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.