hakobrena

K1 DENIED WE CAN'R BELIVE THIS???

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Are you also Armenian?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

thank you.... We both are free to marry, I had my finalize divorse in 2000 and included a copy of it in my papers. Also included boarding passes of 2 times visiting his country, included pictures with 2 visits, my 2 passport stamps, cover letter as well and phone bills. The only things that I might be missing is letters of intend to marry, which they could of asked but never asked. I called uscis pretty often and asked if anything else is needed, they never said anything else is needed. Infact they always said that my case looks good with no problems and with no missing documents. Im soooo upset and confused sad.png

The people you call can't see your file or your case and can't tell you if you have missing stuff. All those calls were wasted, really. I suspect a missed RFE for letters of intent. If they sent one, and you never got it and never replied, then they will deny after the RFE timeframe expires.

Were you participating in your monthly filers thread?

Edit: Your relationship was not vetted at this stage. Thinking that they denied you for being older than him is incorrect and impossible. At this stage they are just checking basic paperwork.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Not yet, I haven't received yet. It says I will receive it within 15 days. I soooo hope that I still have a chance with this Denied petition

But why does it say this: If you do not respond to our notice by the response deadline, we will deny your petition/application due to abandonment.

Wasn't it already denied? I don't understand???? Did you get something similar to this, when you got your denial?

Timeline

The people you call can't see your file or your case and can't tell you if you have missing stuff. All those calls were wasted, really. I suspect a missed RFE for letters of intent. If they sent one, and you never got it and never replied, then they will deny after the RFE timeframe expires.

Were you participating in your monthly filers thread?

Edit: Your relationship was not vetted at this stage. Thinking that they denied you for being older than him is incorrect and impossible. At this stage they are just checking basic paperwork.

yes I was.

And I always asked to speak to Tier 2 officer, they are the ones that told me nothing else is needed. Although there was one last time I called an officer said that it looked like I had an RFE but it was never send to me. But when I asked him what exactly does he see, what else do they need, he said since I already submitted a Service Request he can not do anything else. so we just left it at that

Timeline

You all guys are sooo supportive, I thank you all very very much, from the bottom of my heart, this is a very emotional time and situation for me and my fiancé. All this waiting......... and now this denial??? please bare with me and all my questions on this matter. Thank you all!

Timeline

I called uscis again this morning they stated that my case was denied and closed due to abandoning, they are saying that I was sent an RFE in october which I never received!!!!!!!! They also said that since the case is closed due to abandoning I can't appeal the decision

I called uscis again this morning they stated that my case was denied and closed due to abandoning, they are saying that I was sent an RFE in october which I never received!!!!!!!! They also said that since the case is closed due to abandoning I can't appeal the decision

That is what I expected.

I don't know if you can appeal or not. You will want to see what is going on with your mail. Make sure your name is on your mailbox and make friends with the mailman, things like that. Is there anything unusual about your mail situation, like, do you like in a big building without locked boxes?

Your denial will be without prejudice, meaning you are free to file again. Since I-129F are going so fast now, you could file again and still make good time (as long as you have seen your fiance in the last two years). Make sure to make a complete packet and include the letters of intent to marry. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Given that a new application is virtually certain to be processed faster than an appeal would be, that is probably your best option even if it was USCIS' mistake. I have read of cases where they say an RFE was sent out, it actually wasn't, then they turn around and deny it for not replying to the RFE they never sent you. Maybe that's what happened in this case, maybe it isn't.

Either way, a fresh submission is probably the best option for you, and USCIS suck.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I would refile. Read the guides here on VJ to make certain you include everything so you can avoid the RFE that was "sent" to you. I would also go to the local post office and complete a form for who is to receive mail at your address and make certain your name is on the card in the mailbox or put a card in the mailbox with all people that are to receive mail at that address. Then I would send a letter or card to yourself with a work address as the return address and see if it gets to you. We had an issue at the apartment complex with mail addressed to my wife--this does appear to be more of an issue with wife's that keep their maiden names.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Given that a new application is virtually certain to be processed faster than an appeal would be, that is probably your best option even if it was USCIS' mistake. I have read of cases where they say an RFE was sent out, it actually wasn't, then they turn around and deny it for not replying to the RFE they never sent you. Maybe that's what happened in this case, maybe it isn't.

Either way, a fresh submission is probably the best option for you, and USCIS suck.

Thank you much. They do suck! Nothing is wrong with my mail. I live at this address for 12 years now, and very good friends with a mail man. He would bring me mail even if its missing my apartment number. But I received all other letters from uscis like acceptance letter, and my NOA1. They had no problems with my address. One of the Tier2 officers told me that I had an RFE in their computer but it was never sent to me, then he said never mind just wait for the final letter. I guess it really WASNT SENT TO ME!!! I will reapply asap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.