midge and isi

N-400 March 2014

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received the same letter last week. Interview should be scheduled soon. Good luck...

Progress...sort of... ;-) well, we got a yellow letter. Which I guess is progress since it means someone was looking at our file! It just said to bring state-issued id. We only have an expired one, guess we should get it renewed ASAP! Hopefully an interview will be scheduled soon...

Yay, Congrats...

:dancing: After 41 days of being in line for interview scheduling my status has finally changed to: On June 4 your N400 was scheduled for interview. Now, I just have to wait for the letter. I will update when I get my date...... Starting to feel butterflies in my tummy.

:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

I received a notification that I have been placed in the oath scheduling queue. I just have to wait for the letter in the mail for the exact date. The interviewer told me it could be June 25.

That doesn't mean that your Oath have been schedule, that means that your case is waiting to be schedule. When you receive the following update :"we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location."

That's when you should wait for your letter to arrive.

Edited by coqueta

Hi

I have a few questions;

Firstly those that have already had their interviews what questions did you get asked? I know this can vary so just curious?

Second a bit more complicated.

At what point during the process can you not leave and re enter the US? I potentially messed up by filing when I did. We are wanting to take a trip to England before my daughters 2nd birthday (in September) but obviously I don't want to jeoprodise my citizenship process. If by September I have had my interview but no oath ceremony can I travel on a uk passport? If by September I haven't had interview can I travel on uk passport?

How long have people generally waited between filing and interview date and interview date to oath ceremony date? I filed to Arizona if that helps.

Hope that makes sense!

Hi

I have a few questions;

Firstly those that have already had their interviews what questions did you get asked? I know this can vary so just curious?

At what point during the process can you not leave and re enter the US? I potentially messed up by filing when I did. We are wanting to take a trip to England before my daughters 2nd birthday (in September) but obviously I don't want to jeoprodise my citizenship process. If by September I have had my interview but no oath ceremony can I travel on a uk passport? If by September I haven't had interview can I travel on uk passport?

How long have people generally waited between filing and interview date and interview date to oath ceremony date? I filed to Arizona if that helps.

Hope that makes sense!

Lifting ConditionsCIS Office : California Service CenterDate Filed : 2010-09-27NOA Date : 2010-09-29Bio Apt: 2010-11-22Approval : 2010-12-15Green Card Received : 2010-12-22Adjustment of Status TimelineDate Filed : 07-17-2008Check cashed: 07-22-2008NOA Date 1485 : 07-24-2008NOA Date 1765: 07-24-2008Online update: 07-29-2008Bio. Appt. : 08-20-2008EAD Card Production Ordered: 09-24-2008CRIS Email EAD: 09-24-2008EAD Online update 09-25-2008Interview Notice 9-25-2008 for 11-19-08 @ 10.30AM Portland OregonEAD Card Production Ordered (Again? 09-29-2008 and 10-01-08EAD Card received in Mail: 10-03-08Card approved pending follow-up letter from Dr: 11.19.08Card Production Ordered: 12-04-08Card Production Ordered Again: 12-09-08Welcome letter received in the mail: 12-10-08CRIS Email Notification on Welcome letter: 12-15-08Received 2yr Green Card in the mail: 12-16-08 WoohooApplied to remove 'DHS authorization only' from SS Card: 3-10-2009Received new SS Card with no restrictions: 3-16-2009 STARTED N-400 NATURALIZATION PROCESSMailed Package to AZ Lockbox 3/13/14Package Received 3/17/14TEXT and Email Notification Received 3/20/14

Bio apt 4/10/14

<p>YEfX.jpgHTAGm7.png

I will try to answer what I can:

Hi
I have a few questions;

• There are no restrictions on you to travel. You just have to mention at the interview, which they will ask, that you took X trips after filing N400.
  • The only time you cannot travel is after taking Oath as you have to surrender green card. This process is very short though may be 2-3 weeks. If you go to passport agency and apply for the US passport you can get it same day.

This depends on your DO. You can search on other forums and filter it for your DO to get an idea. Of course your luck plays a big part. My DO's processing time is over 6 months but I am 3.5 months into my N400 and my interview is scheduled for June 21.
Hope that makes sense!

Hi

I have a few questions;

Hope that makes sense!

Hi

I have a few questions;

Hope that makes sense!

Hi

I will just give you an answer for your first question.

what I was asked yesterday was

When was the Constitution written?

What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?

What is the name of the President of the United States now?

Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States

What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?

We elect a President for how many years?

those 6 questions.

and reading was

Abraham Lincoln was the President

writing was

Lincoln was the president during the civil war.

Good luck!

NATURALIZATION

12/17/2012 - Eligible

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed

03/05/2014 - USCIS Recive the package

03/10/2014 - Notice date

03/11/2014 - Check cashed

03/14/2014 - USCIS mailed an appointment notice for biometic

03/15/2014 - Recive the form I-797C, Notice of Action (priority date 3/6/2014)

03/17/2014 - Recive the Biometic notice

04/04/2014 - Biometic appointment (done)

04/08/2014 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

04/30/2014 - Interview scheduled

05/05/2014 - Interview notice recieve

06/05/2014 - Interview (approved)

06/09/2014 - Placed in the oath scheduling que

07/01/2014 - Oath ceremony scheduled. Notice sent by USCIS

07/08/2014 - Recive the oath ceremony notice

07/31/2014 - Oath ceremony

That doesn't mean that your Oath have been schedule, that means that your case is waiting to be schedule. When you receive the following update :"we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location."

That's when you should wait for your letter to arrive.

I received an email today that they scheduled me for my oath ceremony and that they sent me a notice with the date, time and location! Yay!!!

I received an email today that they scheduled me for my oath ceremony and that they sent me a notice with the date, time and location! Yay!!!

Congrats!!! Awesome!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Congrats to all who passed their interviews and are waiting to be scheduled/have been scheduled for their oath ceremonies! :thumbs:

For me tomorrow marks a month since I was placed in line to be scheduled for interview, as well as my 3 year residency anniversary. I am getting eager to be scheduled for interview now, as I think it can happen any day from now on, based on my Field Office's record (for most people it seems to be 1-1.5 month from the time they are placed in line). Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. Maybe next week will be my lucky one and I'll get scheduled - fingers crossed :)

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

:dancing: After 41 days of being in line for interview scheduling my status has finally changed to: On June 4 your N400 was scheduled for interview. Now, I just have to wait for the letter. I will update when I get my date...... Starting to feel butterflies in my tummy.

:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

Congratz Ninasan! :dancing:

We have the same Biometrics and In Line for Interview dates but guess Seattle is busy . .

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife went to her interview yesterday - she was asked to verify all of the questions and information on the N-400, and she was asked 7 questions for some reason - as they should have stopped at 6 (She said she got all of them correct):

1) What is the Name of the National Anthem?

2) Why does the Flag have 13 stripes?

3) What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the Unioted States?

4) What does the President's cabinet do?

5) How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?

6) What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?

7) What is the "rule of Law?"

She had to write the following sentence:

- People want to vote.

She didn't remember the sentence she had to read, but stated that there was a chart with multiple sentences and she was asked to read one.

Now just waiting for the Oath Ceremony/Letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just did a little research, may give you all a way to see what dates you might get for your Oath ceremonies as well.

This is for the
United States Courts
Western district of Missouri

for those who have been sent through the Kansas City, Missouri office.

Maybe your districts also post these dates: http://www.mow.uscourts.gov/naturalization.html

post-55298-0-65145700-1402110697_thumb.png

Just thought I would post in case someone is searching for the information!! Hope it helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.