cyntek

STILL No Instruction package, no appointment package K1

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

we haven't received an instructions package nor an appointment package since submitting D160 forms. It's been approved and they have recieved the necessary documents because I was able to log in and schedule an interview for my fiancee.

her interview schedule date is set for Feb 11, 2014. I printed out her interview appointment and her D160 confirmation page. my fiancee tried to use the interview confirmation print out from the electronic interview scheduling site for her medical exam but was denied and told that wasn't the correct form.

With her interview date coming so soon, and still nothing in the mail, I don't know what we should do. I sent inquiries through their website and they even responded confirming my fiancee's interview date, but did not send any formal attachments either. I'm not sure what to do. anyone else have problems? if so whats the best way to approach this. i'm in the states and am thinking about flying back there for a few damn days just to knock on the consulate's door and ask them ####### is gong on.

the consulate will not open until the 6th of Feb either. Does the consulate issue approval packages through email attachments?

Thanks,

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

we haven't received an instructions package nor an appointment package since submitting D160 forms. It's been approved and they have recieved the necessary documents because I was able to log in and schedule an interview for my fiancee.

her interview schedule date is set for Feb 11, 2014. I printed out her interview appointment and her D160 confirmation page. my fiancee tried to use the interview confirmation print out from the electronic interview scheduling site for her medical exam but was denied and told that wasn't the correct form.

With her interview date coming so soon, and still nothing in the mail, I don't know what we should do. I sent inquiries through their website and they even responded confirming my fiancee's interview date, but did not send any formal attachments either. I'm not sure what to do. anyone else have problems? if so whats the best way to approach this. i'm in the states and am thinking about flying back there for a few damn days just to knock on the consulate's door and ask them ####### is gong on.

the consulate will not open until the 6th of Feb either. Does the consulate issue approval packages through email attachments?

Thanks,

Thanks,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi friend

Please let me know that how you can check interview date ,would please to tell me or may you give a call 442-888-0277

Thank you so much

Jn

Hi friend

Please let me know that how you can check interview date ,would please to tell me or may you give a call 442-888-0277

Thank you so much

Jn

Hi friend

Thank you so much

Jn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When did you do your electronic forms, when did you schedule your interview?

Thanks,

Timeline

We have been waiting for the consulate to schedule interview date since November

We are in the same boat as you ...since nov 15 to be exact. Good luck Bill

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

have you tried to send an online message to the HCM Consulate? samething happened to my niece, she didn't get P3 and P4, her fiance kept asking for status, they said they send p3 but she never got it, same with p4, they emailed him back that her interview is on 2/10/2014

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Timeline

we sent several e requests also and the response is they will schedule but havent yet

sent packet 3 electronicly on 10/24/13

Edited by BatonRouge Bill

Timeline

damn, thats a long time. so i guess i should just stop badgering them and wait 100 ###### days to inquire again.

Stats page shows for k1 visa at hochiminh consulate from them recieving hardcopy paperwork to interview 111days

looking at similar timelines also shows for hochiminh consullate from NOA2 to interview 170 days...

I started my visa process (one RFE that caused a month delay) on Dec. 2nd and they accepted like on the 10th. Because I fiilled out my papers end of November 2012 my financials expired in November 2013 so I sent in updated forms.

They are aweful,....

Timeline

I'm a little confuse. I thought k1 visa is unable to schedule an appointment online but instead we have to wait for package 4 to have the interview date. For K1 Visa, you can only utilize the online scheduling if you need to reschedule the interview date/time. Is my understanding correct?

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Timeline

I'm a little confuse. I thought k1 visa is unable to schedule an appointment online but instead we have to wait for package 4 to have the interview date. For K1 Visa, you can only utilize the online scheduling if you need to reschedule the interview date/time. Is my understanding correct?

One more thing is that if we can setup up interview date after the consulate has received our package #3 then we should be able to utilize the print out of the appointment to perform the medical exam and pay for the app fee but it is my understanding that this paper work will not be accepted by the medical exam place nor will the citi bank accept it to pay for the $240 fee as well. I assume that package #4 has the key paperwork that will allow us to perform those last steps that I just mention.

can anyone correct me if i'm wrong?

because if i'm wrong, then I would freaking schedule my fiancée interview end of this month now and have her go do the medical and pay the app fee this week.

the website indicates that non-immigrant can schedule online however if you check your status for k1, you have to choose immigrant on the drop down. So really, is it non-immigrant or immigrant visa? technically I would consider k1 visa as non-immigrant according to all the website that I've read which would be great because then we can schedule the interview ourselves and we can skip waiting for package #4 which right now appears to be a 3 month waiting period which is way toooo long.

hmmmmm soo confusing....

Edited by Pete82

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Filed: Timeline

One more thing is that if we can setup up interview date after the consulate has received our package #3 then we should be able to utilize the print out of the appointment to perform the medical exam and pay for the app fee but it is my understanding that this paper work will not be accepted by the medical exam place nor will the citi bank accept it to pay for the $240 fee as well. I assume that package #4 has the key paperwork that will allow us to perform those last steps that I just mention.

because if i'm wrong, then I would freaking schedule my fiancée interview end of this month now and have her go do the medical and pay the app fee this week.

the website indicates that non-immigrant can schedule online however if you check your status for k1, you have to choose immigrant on the drop down. So really, is it non-immigrant or immigrant visa? technically I would consider k1 visa as non-immigrant according to all the website that I've read which would be great because then we can schedule the interview ourselves and we can skip waiting for package #4 which right now appears to be a 3 month waiting period which is way toooo long.

hmmmmm soo confusing....

I tried doing that, using the print out for my fiancee. But the hospital did not accept it. the NIV appointment is for NIV, and for our case, the K1 is considered an IV, i guess. If this were ok, i'm pretty sure everyone in the same boat as we are, would've done so already. The appointment package is the key and we are useless without it.

hmmmmm soo confusing....

You can't schedule anything at all for the K1 visa. The part where you schedule yourself is if you wanting to apply to go to the states here on a tourist visa or for school then those you can schedule yourself. You have to wait for the appointment pkg which is pkg#4. Since your pkg #3 was noted on Jan 22 of this year, you will have to wait at least until Apr 22, but as of late it has been just 110 days or so until you get confirmation that you will be getting an interview. We are all in the same boat and playing the waiting game thus far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.