Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2014

2,641 posts in this topic

My point, NLR, is that the window for maintenance began at 9 a.m., and they didn't send out the warning until 4 p.m. Normally, one gets a warning BEFORE the maintenance window starts - not half-way through.

Sukie

Most people didnt even get notification of the maintenence. Kinda how the US govt works as I've noticed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi NLR,

I mentioned earlier in the post that my attorney doesn't have much idea about the process and he sent photocopies of the documents. I thought he knew about the process and that's why I picked him. I realized I made a mistake after going through this forum but it was little late at that time. Now I'm trying to send the original BC and MC to NVC and when I called NVC they also asked to the originals.

I'm really disappointed with my attorney. He gave me really hard time.

As I'm getting ready to send the docs, can you or Saylin confirm the below is right?

I wanna make sure that I send all the required docs. I'm sending the docs in following order. Let me know if this is good.

- Barcode sheet

- Cover Letter

- Original BC (Sticky notes)

- Photo copy of BC

- Original Marriage Cert(Sticky notes)

- Photo copy of Marriage Cert

You also need a photocopy of your bio page of your passport, (I'll assume you dont have any final divorce decrees or military records) and the PCC (no photocooy needed.) Also just fire the darn lawyer. Lol. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Posted Yesterday, 12:15 PM

walkwaytoheaven, on 13 Feb 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:snapback.png

NVC probably won't care (or even notice) your filing status. But the status you chose is wrong. It should have either been MFS or MFJ (or even HOH if you qualified). I would suggest amending them ASAP. If the CO at the embassy/consulate sees it, then can take that as a red flag ("why are they applying for a SPOUSAL visa when the petitioner is filing as SINGLE?"). And being a citizen or not doesn't mean anything. Please read the bottom of post 2.

NVC doesn't send the forms to you. They'll merely direct you to their website with links. So, yes, once the AOS shows as PAID on the payment portal, you can send the AOS package. No need to wait on them for stuff you can do now.

------------------------------some how quote wasn't showing both our conversation--------

I have been filing past 3 years as HOH (head of household) since I have parents as dependents. It shows on all my tax transcripts as HOH. It just does not show marital status. I notice the W2 I got from my company from last year shows single. I think I can get that fixed, and I am not filing for this year until after sending this AOS package. By the time my spouse do go for interview, I have either have correct W2 or filed for my taxes.

Does the above work?

Doesnt matter what it says on your w2, that is just your tax status for how much taxes they remove. You can be married and have single taxes removed from your pay, most don't however as it's more than you would as a married person. You'll have to fix your w4 with the company to adjust that for next year. Also if you send the tax transcript you're not required to send the w2. Send paystubs as better proof of current income. Edited by NLR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Doesnt matter what it says on your w2, that is just your tax status for how much taxes they remove. You can be married and have single taxes removed from your pay, most don't however as it's more than you would as a married person. You'll have to fix your w4 with the company to adjust that for next year. Also if you send the tax transcript you're not required to send the w2. Send paystubs as better proof of current income.

Also, MFJ gets maximized refund of taxes, but you will need SSN.

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

I'm not sure the NVC has processing times per se... isn't that just for the NOA1 completion? I see that NVC received your petition about a month ago, so I would expect you'll successfully get your case number and IIN very soon if you call each day or two, or at least that seems to correspond to when others with your receipt date have managed to get their 'numbers' from the NVC.

The visa bullet isn't the one for spouses, just click on Igor's list for the CR1/IR1 lists, found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=2&sortby=2

I have read somewhere... now can't recall where, but it stated to use either an appraisal or the annual 'Property Assessment Notice', which is what I'll likely use. The notice is what the city bases each home's property taxes from.

Great, do you know how can I get the Property Assestment notice?

Congrats! Hope the rest goes quickly!!

Congratulations! It's so exciting to hear of people's approvals, at ALL stages!dancin5hr.gif

Marriage: 2013-01-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-19

I-130 Approved : 2013-12-31

NVC Received : 2014-01-21

Case & IIN number Received: 2014-25-02

I864 bill: 2014-03-05

IV bill: 2014-03-05

I864 & IV packet sent: 2014-03-06

DS260: 2014-03-11

Case Complete: 2014-03-28

Interview date: 2014-05-13

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Find out the exact date as it could have just been last week, in which you're technically within the time frames still.

And no can do on Monday as it's a federal holiday, so both USCIS and NVC will be closed.

thank you saylin, i will try everyday next week,

its been almost 2 months that we could have gone forward alot.

i hope i get news thiscoming week

Don't worry about it. Just mention it at the interview. I'm sure USPS will be able to figure out the correct city either way as it's just one letter off :P

Hi Saylin,

Finally I managed to get the originals to my hand. I'm going to courier (UPS) them to NVC tomorrow morning. I have not informed my attorney and not planning to do so. Will that be a problem later? I'm little concern because I'm sending the original docs and my attorney has already sent one IV packet.

Another thing is I wanna make sure that I send all the required docs. I'm sending the docs in following order. Let me know if this is good.

- Barcode sheet

- Cover Letter

- Original BC (Sticky notes)

- Photo copy of BC

- Original Marriage Cert(Sticky notes)

- Photo copy of Marriage Cert

Thanks alot Saylin!

Looks good to me good.gif

Hi Saylin,

I found one more error on the ds260. I clearly told my document guy that i will be moving back to Illinois when my wife is here, so in about 3 months but he use my Illinois address as a permanent and current address on the ds260 but i am still living in california. do you think i will need to call NVC? i am going to starting applying for jobs in illinois and then move back once i land a job.

thanks,

harman.

For this one, I'd call up NVC and see if it can get fixed as you're still living in California. If they can't fix it, just fix it at the interview (if you're still in Cali).

Saylin, our file was received by NVC on 11th Feb. Will you update us on spreadsheet, i tried but couldn't do it, maybe I'm not supposed to. goofy.gif Just a question, does the PCC have to be still inside the validity date for POE or just until interview date?

I'm the only one that can update the spreadsheet. And the next time tick is getting the case number, so nothing to update yet for yours.

And good question. I'm guessing just until the interview, but not sure.

Plus is there a I 864 ez sample somewhere?

Need quick guidance regarding following fields

Part 2. Information on the immigrant you are sponsoring.

5. Social Security & 6. Alien Registration -- Should this be left blank? or N/A

Part 3. Information on Sponsor.

9. Place of residence --since it is the same, should I mention "same as above" or N/A

Part 4. Sponsor's household size.

a. automatically comes as 2, that would me petitioner and beneficiary

e. I do have 2 dependents (my parents); so f. would become 4

Question is do I write 0 in all the other lines or leave it as blank?

Again this is greatly appreciated.

Don't leave anything blank! Put N/A when the question is not applicable and put none when the question is applicable but you don't have it.

For the place of residence question, definitely don't leave it blank. I've seen so many people get checklists for that. Just put in the address again.

Also, MFJ gets maximized refund of taxes, but you will need SSN.

An SSN or ITIN.

Edited by NLR

Timeline

I know this is a little pre-emptive but: if my husband is missing vaccines, can he just get them at his medical? Also he lives in Nova Scotia, so it is possible for him to have his medical + interview close to each other, right?

1/15/2013 - Married

USCIS:
4/11: Mailed out IR-30 via FedEx Ground
4/15: Forms received by USCIS Chicago (Signed)

12/2: Case Transferred to CSC

12/17/2013: NOA-2!!!! (8 Months, 2 days)

NVC:

12/27/2013: Case received by NVC

1/23/2014: NVC Case #, BIN, & IIN received.

1/31/2014: DS-261 Available & filled out.

2/4/2014: AOS Invoice available & paid

2/7/2014: I-864(AOS) completed & sent

2/11/2014: IV Bill availiable and paid.

2/14/2014: DS-260 completed (IV)

2/14/2014: DS-260 support documents sent

2/26/2014: I-864 (AOS) documents received and logged by NVC.

3/4/2014: Checklist for AOS ( I knew it :|a)

3/5/2014: Checklist for AOS submitted

3/7/2014: DS-260 documents received & logged by NVC

3/13/2014: IV packet + documents approved and logged

4/14:2014: Case Complete!!! (3 months 2 weeks 4 days @NVC)

Consulate:

Medical: 05/28/2014

Interview: 06/03/2014 (?)

Consulate didn't like our police records, have to resend--> AP

APPROVED: 07/02/2014

visa in hand: 07/11/2014

PoE: Halifax Stanfield International (07/25/2014)

REMOVING CONDITIONS:

06/10/2016: Packet Mailed

06/16/2016: Check Cashed

7/11/2016: Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

What isProperty Assessment Notice. My deed does have the asset value on it. Do u think it will work ?

I can only assume that your deed would work if it has the asset value.

As for the Property assessment notice, all homeowners where I live receive one from the city each year. I don't know how it works elsewhere... how do they determine your property taxes if they don't follow a similar process... another assumption on my part, but I guess the City or Town Hall would be a good place to inquire about this.

Great, do you know how can I get the Property Assestment notice?

See above.idea9dv.gif

I know this is a little pre-emptive but: if my husband is missing vaccines, can he just get them at his medical? Also he lives in Nova Scotia, so it is possible for him to have his medical + interview close to each other, right?

There may be costs to have them done at the medical, so it would likely be best to have them done by a physician in advance/ covered by your health care.

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Timeline

I can only assume that your deed would work if it has the asset value.

As for the Property assessment notice, all homeowners where I live receive one from the city each year. I don't know how it works elsewhere... how do they determine your property taxes if they don't follow a similar process... another assumption on my part, but I guess the City or Town Hall would be a good place to inquire about this.

See above.idea9dv.gif

There may be costs to have them done at the medical, so it would likely be best to have them done by a physician in advance/ covered by your health care.

Okay cool, but he can have his medical close to his interview right? Because he only wants to fly to montreal once :x.

1/15/2013 - Married

USCIS:
4/11: Mailed out IR-30 via FedEx Ground
4/15: Forms received by USCIS Chicago (Signed)

12/2: Case Transferred to CSC

12/17/2013: NOA-2!!!! (8 Months, 2 days)

NVC:

12/27/2013: Case received by NVC

1/23/2014: NVC Case #, BIN, & IIN received.

1/31/2014: DS-261 Available & filled out.

2/4/2014: AOS Invoice available & paid

2/7/2014: I-864(AOS) completed & sent

2/11/2014: IV Bill availiable and paid.

2/14/2014: DS-260 completed (IV)

2/14/2014: DS-260 support documents sent

2/26/2014: I-864 (AOS) documents received and logged by NVC.

3/4/2014: Checklist for AOS ( I knew it :|a)

3/5/2014: Checklist for AOS submitted

3/7/2014: DS-260 documents received & logged by NVC

3/13/2014: IV packet + documents approved and logged

4/14:2014: Case Complete!!! (3 months 2 weeks 4 days @NVC)

Consulate:

Medical: 05/28/2014

Interview: 06/03/2014 (?)

Consulate didn't like our police records, have to resend--> AP

APPROVED: 07/02/2014

visa in hand: 07/11/2014

PoE: Halifax Stanfield International (07/25/2014)

REMOVING CONDITIONS:

06/10/2016: Packet Mailed

06/16/2016: Check Cashed

7/11/2016: Biometrics Appointment

complete docs received by nvc on 1-28

case complete 2-12 ( i called yesterday to ask)

waiting for interview date now

congratulations.

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-02-04

I-130 Sent : 2013-02-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-04

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2013-10-15

NVC Received : 2013-10-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-11-23

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-11-29

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-12-03

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-12-06

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-12-19

Receive IV Bill : 2013-12-25

Pay IV Bill : 2013-12-25

Receive Instruction Package : 2013-12-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-02-20

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sooooo. My husband has asked his tax accountant to prepare his 2013 taxes as 'married filing separately'. They were thinking for 2 weeks and said we'd need to obtain a tax ID for me and file my taxes for the last two years. Eh?? I'm not even a resident yet! Any thoughts? Advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

I've perused the irs.gov site some time ago for how new residents are supposed to file and it appears they're starting to file with the year they arrive on the immigrant visa.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

Okay cool, but he can have his medical close to his interview right? Because he only wants to fly to montreal once :x.

It takes a few days for the medical results to be ready, and I'm sure someone here can elaborate on their Canadian wait-time for results.... but I also will likely book my medical and head to Montreal at least 5 days early so that I have my results in time for the Interview, and only have to fly once. sleep.png

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.