Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2014

2,641 posts in this topic

I FILED MY DS 261!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT BELIEVE IT FINALLY SOME MOVEMENT!!! from what ive been reading 2 months until i have an interview date right??

It's about 2 months ON AVERAGE globally. But that's from the case complete date. You're not anywhere close to that yet. You still have packages and forms to submit.

Well, I started out today super-cranky because I was hoping to get the IV invoice before today, and it still hadn't shown up. Then, at 3pm today - huzzah!!! There it was. And of course I paid it right away - we've had the money waiting to go for a while, just in case.

So now, assuming that the payment clears our account this weekend, husband will send off his packet of stuff on Monday.

He was asking (and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just to be sure…): as opposed to the AOS packet (which had to include the completed I-864), there are no documents to fill out for the IV packet, right? Just include the bar-code sheet and then the list of things like passport page, marriage certificate, police and military record, etc?

Hope things will go this smoothly the rest of the way too - for all of us!

em

Yup, the IV package doesn't contain any forms anymore and is just documents on the beneficiary.

Hi Saylin,

I just received AOS bill and paid. somehow I see FNU before the name of my wife example ( FNU first name Last name) but in the email I got after filing DS 260 name was correct Last Name, First Name)

is it something wrong?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Kalloo

FNU means First Name Unknown, so yes, it might be a good idea to call them up.

Argh, just got an AOS checklist for missing items. They say my I-864 form is incomplete:

1) I did not fill in the number for total household income because I am the sole sponsor. Turns out they want that anyway. (Part 6, Item 10)

2) They don't want total wages from the tax transcript, but total *income*. For me this is a negative number since my income was subject to the foreign exclusion and I had investment losses in the US. (Part 6, Item 13)

Do they really want a negative number for my total income?

You can't just choose which ever amount you want from the tax return/transcript. It specifically states right in the question what amount they want. If yours is a negative number, then put it.

ok so when i filed the i-130 my passport had my maiden name... but on all forms when they asked my name i put my married name... now after a year... i got a new passport with my married name (even though the maiden name passport was still valid) but NVC keeps calling me by my maiden name... should i be worried??

Doesn't matter at all. The visa (and thus the green card) will be issued in the name that's on the passport.

Hi Saylin, I have a question. I did receive a checklist on my AOS because the annual income did not matched the current w2's which was 2012.

Do I have to change just the annual income to match it, or something else?

Is the only thing it asked for.

Thanks for your help.

If that's all the checklist was asking for, yes, just fix that on the I-864 and re-submit.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
The NVC has received the requested Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230). However, we are still
waiting for the response to the checklist letter for the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864). Please return
the requested information so that we may complete the processing of your case.
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
[DNR 02/07/2014]
We received this email from NVC this afternoon.. How could they be requesting again same checklist which we had responded already and was encoded in the system last Jan.29 when I called NVC that night.
Stranged they did not sent anything about my IV checklist which was encoded in the system Jan.21. Is this like a false checklist?

Sounds like a false checklist to me based on them reviewing (and accepting) your IV package. Call up to confirm!

Just got off the phone with the NVC and I'm so confused that I'm frustrated...

I am petitioning for my wife and stepson at the same time, separate I-130s, so I understand I must submit a separate I-864 for each one. In Part 3, I understand that I only need to answer question 1 as "yes" (I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2), and do not need to list any Family Members because my stepson and wife are both on separate visa petitions.

However, in household size, based on the questions, I only come up with a total of 2 for my wife's I-864 and a total of 3 for my stepson's I-864.

I called the NVC twice. The first time, the guy told me I was correct to have 2 different household sizes. The second time, the guy told me that I should only have a household size of 2 for each I-864. I feel like I should be saying my household size is 3 on both forms.. my wife, my stepson, and myself.

HELP!!!

Do you claim the stepson on taxes (re: is he dependent on you)?

Hello guys!!! I just want to give an update about my case. I was able to to do the DS261 today thank you JESUS!!! I hope i can pay the fee tomorrow!!! smile.png thank you every one specially to Ms. Saylin smile.png

Mrs. Saylin tongue.png

And if you just submitted the DS-261 today, there's no way the IV fee will be invoiced that soon. NVC doesn't work that fast laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It's about 2 months ON AVERAGE globally. But that's from the case complete date. You're not anywhere close to that yet. You still have packages and forms to submit.

Yup, the IV package doesn't contain any forms anymore and is just documents on the beneficiary.

FNU means First Name Unknown, so yes, it might be a good idea to call them up.

You can't just choose which ever amount you want from the tax return/transcript. It specifically states right in the question what amount they want. If yours is a negative number, then put it.

Doesn't matter at all. The visa (and thus the green card) will be issued in the name that's on the passport.

If that's all the checklist was asking for, yes, just fix that on the I-864 and re-submit.

Sounds like a false checklist to me based on them reviewing (and accepting) your IV package. Call up to confirm!

Do you claim the stepson on taxes (re: is he dependent on you)?

No, can I? If I can, the first time I claim him would be when I submit my taxes for 2013 since he officially became my stepson when I got married in May of 2013. So technically, he's not a dependant child yet.

06-09-2012 - Met in Lima, Peru
06-27-2012 - Officially a couple
02-14-2013 - Engaged!

05-02-2013 - Married in Callao, Peru!

07-03-2013 - I-130 petitions sent for wife and stepson

07-10-2013 - NOA1 (both petitions)

12-10-2013 - Notice of transfer to California Service Center from NBC (both petitions)

12-23-2013 - NOA2 (both petitions)

01-06-2014 - NVC Received

01-29-2014 - NVC case numbers assigned

02-06-2014 - DS-261 available and submitted (both petitions)

02-07-2014 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

02-08-2014 - AOS packages mailed (received on 02-18-14 per NVC)

02-11-2014 - AOS shows PAID

02-12-2014 - Resubmitted I-864 (noticed own error after sending AOS package) (received on 03-05-14 per NVC)

02-18-2014 - Stepson IV bill invoiced and paid

02-20-2014 - Stepson IV bill shows PAID, DS-260 available and submitted

02-21-2014 - Wife IV bill invoiced and paid

02-21-2014 - IV packages mailed (received on 02-26-14 per NVC)

02-25-2014 - Wife IV bill shows PAID, DS-260 available

02-26-2014 - Wife DS-260 submitted

03-06-2014 - AOS checklist requesting correct income information (sent on 02-12-14, waiting for review)
03-10-2014 - IV "false" checklist

03-14-2014 - CASE COMPLETE (Wife and stepson)

04-02-2014 - Email with Interview Letters. May 12th for both wife and stepson

04-21-2014 - Medical Examinations

05-12-2014 - Interview Result: BOTH VISAS APPROVED!

05-17-2014 - Visas in hand

09-07-2014 - Dallas POE (wife)

10-15-2014 - Miami POE (step-son)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: Gxxxxxxxx, MELANIE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________ When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided. ______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

Just want to ask guy's.. Is this a false checklist? My husband received this email today. He phoned NVC the other day and the representative confirmed that my IV package is now for review. Thank you!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/download/221102/1/latest/0/0/mabuhay-love.pdf (book written by my husband after seeing each other the very first time). 

Jan 10, 2013 - wedding day

USCIS Process

Feb 25, 2013 - sent out I130 Package to USCIS

Mar 07 - priority date (NBC/MSC)

Mar 11 - NOA1 hardcopy

Oct 25 - transferred case from NBC/MSC to CSC

Nov 05 - being processed at a local USCIS office (CSC)

NVC Process

Nov 20 - finally! NOA 2

Dec 21 - Case number and IIN generated

Dec 23 - Submitted/Completed DS-261 online

Dec 23 - AOS fee bill invoiced

Dec 28 - AOS shows PAID

Dec 28 - IV fee bill invoiced

Jan 12, 2014 - sent out AOS Package

Jan 18 - IV fee shows PAID

Jan 18 - DS-260 available

Jan 19 - Completed/Submitted DS-260 online

Jan 26 - IV Package sent to NVC

Feb 03 - IV package under review (wait for 30 days to complete)

Feb 06 - advance medical done (results & cd on-hand)

Feb 10 - AOS package has been reviewed and completed (by email) (25 days)

Feb 24 - IV package has been reviewed & completed  (by phone call) (22 days)  

Feb 24 - Case Completed (phone call & email)

Feb 28 - received an email about my interview appointment (P4 letter)

April 04, 2014 - Interview Schedule (by email)
April 04 - Administrative processing ( due to missing AOS documents, sent out right away)
April 07/08 - still AP
April 11 - AP changed to Ready (for interview)
April 11 - Ready changed to ISSUED (Thanks God!)

April 22 - Visa received

May 10 - My most awaited date! My flight to San Diego CA.

May 23 - applied for SSN. June 2 - received my SSN Jun 9 - got a job. July 21 - received my green card (wrong expiration date and combined first and middle name, filed for I-90-correction) Aug 08 - applied for a state ID Sep 05 - biometrics appointment  Oct 09 - received my state ID Nov 03 - post decision activity (I-90 application) Nov 07 - card/document production (need to wait for 30 days for my new green card) Nov 10 - received the new green card (2 months & 5 days)

Thank you so much to this awesome group! for all the help. God bless us all!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I have a question, when you responded back to the checklist, Did you put your case number in the upper right hand corner on the i-864 form too as requested? I'm afraid of putting and being rejected for the same cause. lol

I just spoke with NVC representative and it was a generated email that they received our AOS Checklist and under review. Telling me to wait 30 business days then they will send email if "Case is Complete".

It was our para-Legal who sent our AOS checklist. I sent my IV checklist directly to NVC which was my NBI clearance and put my case number in the upper right hand corner as instructed.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Timeline

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: Gxxxxxxxx, MELANIE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________ When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided. ______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

Just want to ask guy's.. Is this a false checklist? My husband received this email today. He phoned NVC the other day and the representative confirmed that my IV package is now for review. Thank you!

sounds like a false checklist girl......just like ours. so I called NVC awhile ago and spoke with a representative.. She said its under review now. Waiting for Case complete..........hope on Valentines Day! Fingers Cross goofy.gif

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.

Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.

NVC

Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

No, can I? If I can, the first time I claim him would be when I submit my taxes for 2013 since he officially became my stepson when I got married in May of 2013. So technically, he's not a dependant child yet.

I'm not sure if you can or not; you'd have to read the instructions on IRS's website.

But if he's not currently your dependent, then there's really no box you would count him in for your wife's I-864. So, although it sounds weird, the household size on her form would be 2 (yourself and her). Then 3 on the stepson's as your wife would be counted under the spouse box.

Sounds like a false checklist based on them reviewing (and accepting) your DS-260. Call up NVC to confirm!

sounds like a false checklist girl......just like ours. so I called NVC awhile ago and spoke with a representative.. She said its under review now. Waiting for Case complete..........hope on Valentines Day! Fingers Cross goofy.gif

thanks, at least I'm not worried anymore. How would I know if NVC already scanned our documents to their system?

I'm not sure if you can or not; you'd have to read the instructions on IRS's website.

But if he's not currently your dependent, then there's really no box you would count him in for your wife's I-864. So, although it sounds weird, the household size on her form would be 2 (yourself and her). Then 3 on the stepson's as your wife would be counted under the spouse box.

Sounds like a false checklist based on them reviewing (and accepting) your DS-260. Call up NVC to confirm!

Yeah we will. Thank you!

Yeah we will. Thank you!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/download/221102/1/latest/0/0/mabuhay-love.pdf (book written by my husband after seeing each other the very first time). 

USCIS Process

Mar 11 - NOA1 hardcopy

NVC Process

Nov 20 - finally! NOA 2

Dec 28 - AOS shows PAID

April 04 - Administrative processing ( due to missing AOS documents, sent out right away)
April 07/08 - still AP

April 22 - Visa received

May 23 - applied for SSN. June 2 - received my SSN Jun 9 - got a job. July 21 - received my green card (wrong expiration date and combined first and middle name, filed for I-90-correction) Aug 08 - applied for a state ID Sep 05 - biometrics appointment  Oct 09 - received my state ID Nov 03 - post decision activity (I-90 application) Nov 07 - card/document production (need to wait for 30 days for my new green card) Nov 10 - received the new green card (2 months & 5 days)

Timeline

thanks, at least I'm not worried anymore. How would I know if NVC already scanned our documents to their system?

Yeah we will. Thank you!

Yeah we will. Thank you!

I called NVC last Jan.29 and the representative told me our AOS checklist was encoded in the system that day though It was sent by our Para legal Jan.17. I sent my IV checklist ( My NBI Clearance) Jan.15, it was received in the buidling Jan.17 and was encoded in the system Jan.21st.

Last night I called for update and surprisingly, we received an email about Checklist again today. So, I called awhile ago and it was a false checklist.

Its always good to call for update and being "Makulit". LOL

Goodluck to us and all members patiently waiting for this visa journey will come to an end and be reunited with our love one.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1

NVC

on AOS & IV.

AOS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yeah, I started to think about it and came to the conclusion that if for whatever reason only my wife's petition get's approved, then it makes sense that the NVC will only look at my household as a size of 2. Whereas, if my stepson gets approved, I would still have my wife at least as a dependent, so only when my stepson gets approved is when my household technically becomes 3.

Kinda crazy sounding but I'm sticking with it! Thanks again for your input!

06-09-2012 - Met in Lima, Peru
06-27-2012 - Officially a couple
02-14-2013 - Engaged!

05-02-2013 - Married in Callao, Peru!

07-03-2013 - I-130 petitions sent for wife and stepson

07-10-2013 - NOA1 (both petitions)

12-10-2013 - Notice of transfer to California Service Center from NBC (both petitions)

12-23-2013 - NOA2 (both petitions)

01-06-2014 - NVC Received

01-29-2014 - NVC case numbers assigned

02-06-2014 - DS-261 available and submitted (both petitions)

02-07-2014 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

02-08-2014 - AOS packages mailed (received on 02-18-14 per NVC)

02-11-2014 - AOS shows PAID

02-12-2014 - Resubmitted I-864 (noticed own error after sending AOS package) (received on 03-05-14 per NVC)

02-18-2014 - Stepson IV bill invoiced and paid

02-20-2014 - Stepson IV bill shows PAID, DS-260 available and submitted

02-21-2014 - Wife IV bill invoiced and paid

02-21-2014 - IV packages mailed (received on 02-26-14 per NVC)

02-25-2014 - Wife IV bill shows PAID, DS-260 available

02-26-2014 - Wife DS-260 submitted

03-06-2014 - AOS checklist requesting correct income information (sent on 02-12-14, waiting for review)
03-10-2014 - IV "false" checklist

03-14-2014 - CASE COMPLETE (Wife and stepson)

04-02-2014 - Email with Interview Letters. May 12th for both wife and stepson

04-21-2014 - Medical Examinations

05-12-2014 - Interview Result: BOTH VISAS APPROVED!

05-17-2014 - Visas in hand

09-07-2014 - Dallas POE (wife)

10-15-2014 - Miami POE (step-son)

I called NVC last Jan.29 and the representative told me our AOS checklist was encoded in the system that day though It was sent by our Para legal Jan.17. I sent my IV checklist ( My NBI Clearance) Jan.15, it was received in the buidling Jan.17 and was encoded in the system Jan.21st.

Last night I called for update and surprisingly, we received an email about Checklist again today. So, I called awhile ago and it was a false checklist.

Its always good to call for update and being "Makulit". LOL

Goodluck to us and all members patiently waiting for this visa journey will come to an end and be reunited with our love one.

Yeah absolutely right! Thanks, yes we'll call NVC for confirmation. :)

USCIS Process

Mar 11 - NOA1 hardcopy

NVC Process

Nov 20 - finally! NOA 2

Dec 28 - AOS shows PAID

April 07/08 - still AP

April 22 - Visa received

Yeah, I started to think about it and came to the conclusion that if for whatever reason only my wife's petition get's approved, then it makes sense that the NVC will only look at my household as a size of 2. Whereas, if my stepson gets approved, I would still have my wife at least as a dependent, so only when my stepson gets approved is when my household technically becomes 3.

Kinda crazy sounding but I'm sticking with it! Thanks again for your input!

There's a lot of crazy sounding stuff during this process! rofl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Not sure, you'll just have to wait and see. If you don't get a checklist, make sure you mention this at the interview, so it can get corrected.

Doesn't matter which you answer (neither answer will get your visa application denied). Just answer what's applicable for your case. If you don't currently have vaccines and/or proof, then write 'no'. Most people who say no just explain that they'll get it all done at the medical. I answered yes since in my case I did already have all the vaccines and a vaccination record to prove it.

As you've read, as long as you give over both email addresses to an operator, then all correspondence is sent by email, so the DS-261 is a moot form. Just put your US address, it's better, just in case NVC does mail anything.

The consulate doesn't mail you anything by the way. The last piece of correspondence you're going to receive is the interview letter from NVC.

The address on the DS-261 doesn't pertain to where the green card will be sent. That address is on the DS-260 and specifically states in the question that that will be the address used to mail the green card.

That's good to know. But still, doesn't it look fishy if you have all different addresses on each thing you fill out? I guess I'm just a Nervous Nelly. I haven't even changed my name yet because we filed ASAP after the wedding and I was afraid the name would mess up the background check somehow.

Are you referring to the "checklist" on post 2? If so, yes, since this thread is geared for IR-1/CR-1 visas, it's more for a spousal application. But most everything can still be applicable to derivative visas. You can find the list of required documents here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html (obviously some won't be applicable).

01/05/06-Met

04/01/13-Married

USCIS

04/15/13-PD

11/15/13-Transfered To NSC

12/11/13-NOA2

NVC

01/07/14- Received

02/06/14-Case and IIN #'s assigned

02/10/14-DS-261 available and filled out

02/11/14-Paid AOS fee

02/18/14-Sent AOS packet via Express Mail

02/19/14-NVC received AOS packet

02/26/14-IV invoice available and paid

03/03/14- IV bill shows paid-mailed IV package via Express Mail

03/04/14-IV package received

03/09/14-DS-260 submitted

03/14/14-False checklist for IV package

03/24/14- Real checklist

04/02/14-NVC received checklist response

04/18/14-CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!

06/05/14-Interview In Sofia BG

06/09/14 -Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

06/11/14-Visa in hand

06/21/14-POE

Hope this hasn't been asked but it doesn't look like I (sponsor) will have to submit my birth certificate in any of the packages is this right? Looks like the AOS just needs tax documents and passport copies and the IV needs only the beneficiaries birth certificate and info? Asking because I only have some kind of copy of my birth certificate and the original is nowhere to be found, I do have my husband original though. Also do the passport copies need to be certified or notarised? I get confused with what the difference is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.