Newsha

AP for 6 months and now READY for interview?!!!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone

I had my interview on 31of July 2013 and I was put on AP ever since

My case creation date was 03/June/2013

Today my case status is changed to READY and the case creation is changed to 30/Jan/2014

Why creation date of my case is changed? Does this mean I have to wait for another 6 months in AP?

It was immigrant visa application and now it's NON immigrant visa application!!!!

The CEAC Status reads:

Ready

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in to business days for the status of your application

Can you pleeeeeeeeeease help me understand this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mine did the same thing. I went from immigrant ap to immigrant ready. Then my case creation date changed and it went to nonimmigrant ready and nonimmigrant ap. Yesterday it went to nonimmigrant ready to nonimmigrant ap again, wihere I am today. I researched through visa journey and most posters have said that means they are getting ready to issue the visa. Of course, there's still not a magic number as to how long. Some waited weeks and some waited days for the word "issued" on their record.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Timeline

Quick question, i never noticed that mine says non immigrant visa. I do not know since when, but it has been like that for a while. I have applied for a k1 visa for fiance. Should it say immigrant or non immigrant?

Well The fiancé(e) K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa, mine is k1 and stated "immigrant" for 6 months during AP up until 2 days ago and now it's changed to nonimmigrant and Ready

To be honest I don't understand the change either

• 2 years later...
Timeline

It's basically for paperwork: it is so that your visa is not confused with the other type of visas.

Quick question, i never noticed that mine says non immigrant visa. I do not know since when, but it has been like that for a while. I have applied for a k1 visa for fiance. Should it say immigrant or non immigrant?

Well The fiancé(e) K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa, mine is k1 and stated "immigrant" for 6 months during AP up until 2 days ago and now it's changed to nonimmigrant and Ready
To be honest I don't understand the change either

It's for the paperwork: so that everyone can see which type of visa you were issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.