2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I keep seeing the term prima facie, what is this used for exactly? Can this be used for community college? Thanks and have a great weekend.

KLOVE got me thru...

Would like to know 'what are the grounds based on one can file for VAWA'?

If USC asking for money and force to be get paid as well, wondering if that can be a ground for VAWA?

Filed: Timeline

Hi Sandranj,

I did provide addresses of places i have lived for last 5 years but IO said it was short by 5 months. I got confused and told her " i can't remember". She asked me 3 times but came up with same response.

She did say after the interview that should she find something seriously wrong with the application later she might send me a green sheet to resubmit my whole application or send me another colored sheet but she said that does not mean a denial. Sounds like NOID? What do you think Sandranj?

Edited by mmyluck

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you in advance!!

I am wondering if maybe someone on here could give me some insight on how to file for VAWA or if I qualify. I got married in 2001 with my husband, we dated for a few years and he was abusive then. I was 15 and he was 19. We had a child together then he went to jail. While he was in jail we got married, when he go out he went to live with me and our daughter. Wasn't long before he started his old ways again and I ran. I got in trouble because I had nowhere to go and cashed a bad check. They made it a felony since it was over 500 (700) and I did 4 months in the county. I read that I could file for a waiver regarding the felony since it happened over 10 years ago. Back to us, after I got out I looked for him and he was already dating someone else. My life went on and I met someone else, never divorced him though. Our daughter got us back in touch a few months ago and he lived with us for 3 months before starting his old ways again. He has a long rap sheet so leases in our name are a no because no apartment would lease him anything. Never had a bank account. Only thing I have are people that were here the day he hit me in Feb 2014. I have police records from when we first were together years ago too. I can probably get hospital records and more police records but since I don't have a valid DL I cannot get to them. I also have pictures of the bruises he left me in Feb. Can anyone give me some insight please? Thank you...

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I keep seeing the term prima facie, what is this used for exactly? Can this be used for community college? Thanks and have a great weekend.

I have seen some post where members have used it for their college. I would take it to the schools financial aid office and ask. Most people use it for food stamps/welfare.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just got an email that one of member of this thread that asked my help with his Vawa case was approved.

He asked my help after getting an RFE to prove bonafide marriage and abuse.I am very happy for him, after answering the RFE the case was decided in 60 days.

Filed: Timeline

The One Sandra mentioned is me !!

Hi EveryOne, I would like to share my status with everyone

Hope this can help others on their GC Journey.

Time Line of my application:

Nov 8, 2013 Filed I360

Nov 19, 2013 Prima Facie received

Dec 17 2013 Filed I485 I765 I131

Feb 13, 2014 Got RFE for both Bona fide marriage and abusive spouse

April 11, Responded to RFE
April 14 EAD and AP received
May 23 Received email Notice that I360 is approved
Sendra gave me lots of valuable advise and support, thanks to Sandra again.
I am a male in 30s, don't have any lawyer/attorney, submitted
  • psychological evaluation
  • no criminal record from all address I lived for more than 6 month in the last 3 years
  • affidavits from family, neighbor and myself
  • marriage certificates
  • lease agreement with both names
  • bank statement with both names
  • 30+ pictures
  • cell phone bills
  • receipts/tickets from movie, restaurant and places we have been visited together
  • auto insurance with both names

Hope everyone good luck on the land of freedom!! Anything is possible!!

Edited by foreverever

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

URGREAT The grounds to file Vawa are: Physical abuse,mental abuse,sexual abuse and financial abuse.

Asking money or demanding money is considered abused just if it's something substantial such as taking ALL your money and spending with futile things OFTEN, ruining your credit card score, using your credit card to buy things without your authorization,vanishing with all your savings etc..financial abuse is VERY difficult to prove, you need to show USCIS what you had in money and how she financially abused you.Financial abuse MUST BE PROVED through bank statements, commercial transactions etc..just telling USCIS the alien demanded the money is not enough to prove financial abuse.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Sandra, on my first i485 based on i130 I did missed one adress that I use to live... But my lawyer added that on my new I 485 based on I 360. Do you think that can hold the decision to be made?

I can't imagine what can be that is thanking so long, no criminal record, no arrests ....?

Filed: Other Timeline

Foreverever,

Congratulations my dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you. I recieved my RFE on February 13 as well same like you but I replied on May 8. Hopefully I will get good news in 30 days . i have been waiting for 30 months in total now since I filed in 2011.

Edited by saratoga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.