2,976 posts in this topic

Maybe I can do cupcakes I know this quaint bakery that makes the most delicious red velvet an chocolate on chocolate cupcakes I can order may be a dozen an a half mixed variety of each :~)

leilabird I can't help you with this question, since each State have different Laws regarding DL and ID .I really don't know how it works the DMV in your State

Sandra, thank you for your response. I checked the BMV IN website. As long as I can show them some type of status that's issued by DHS then I can get an ID. BMV needs a valid SSN to issue a state ID for me. So first of I have to apply for a SSC. Social Security office will still issue a SSC without work authorization paper. All they would do is "this SSN will not be used for work" on my SSC. I will be able to obtain a state ID as soon as I get my social security card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Sandra, I do have my combo EAD and AP till may next year! And I did travel in the past two times to my country w no problems...

If they approve my green card wile I'm there I can't come back? Is that what you saying?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

BENB if they approve your GC when you are abroad you may have a hard time to reenter in the US, once approved the GC you should enter using your GC. The Murthy site mentioned if the alien gets GC when travelling abroad

"...Since the traveler is now a permanent resident, however, entering in nonimmigrant status is not appropriate. The CBP officer at the POE should be informed of the individual's situation when s/he reenters, if the I-485 applicant is aware that her/his approval was issued while abroad. In order to ensure that all risks are understood matters such as these should be discussed with one's attorney prior to travel:..

Filed: Timeline

Hello Sandranj,

I had AOS interview based on approved i360 on October 30, 2013. The interview didn't go so well. It's been almost 8 months after the interview now and still haven't got a decision. I have done 2 infopasses and 1 SR.

Was told one of my infopasses that IO who interviewed me finished reviewing my file but undecided whether to approve or deny my application. She also said my case is under extended review.

I got response from SR that my case is awaiting adjudication. Please help Sandranj.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Sandranj,

I had AOS interview based on approved i360 on October 30, 2013. The interview didn't go so well. It's been almost 8 months after the interview now and still haven't got a decision. I have done 2 infopasses and 1 SR.

Was told one of my infopasses that IO who interviewed me finished reviewing my file but undecided whether to approve or deny my application. She also said my case is under extended review.

I got response from SR that my case is awaiting adjudication. Please help Sandranj.

Hi Mmyluck,

Sorry your case is taking so long. Why do you think your interview didn't go well?

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Timeline

Mmluck the local office has not authority to deny, they can send back to Vermont to revoke, and VErmont may confirm or revoke,it depends of what information the local office will submit to Vermont. Usually is revoked if it they find any fraud and or misrepresentation,if the alien has a criminal record with a felony or if the alien can't provide original documenta such as own birth certificate,divorce decree regarding a previous marriage. I saw one case denied , because the divorce was granted based in fraud as well. ASk infopass if the local office sent your file back to Vermont ,if yes then it makes sense the delay in adjudicating your case.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Sandranj.There were two issues. First, IO told me my G28 form that provides dates and addresses of places i have lived over the last 5yrs was short by 5months and asked to to provide that. I got confused because i couldn't remember where the shortfall was coming from since i had addressed everything in RFE.

The second issue was my dad's occupation. This was different from information i had provided them at the US Consulate in my country. Whereas at the US Consulate i provided my step-dad's occupation,at the interview, i provided my biological dad's(who's now deceased) occupation. IO went on to ask if i had lied in the past to obtain immigration benefits and i answered "no".

The IO was satisfied with responses i gave about my marriage.

Another thing was i left my old passport that had my visa and i-94 at home and only had my new passport. She asked for old one but didn't have it. I picked the wrong packet to the interview.

Is it a strong enough for them to revoke my i360 Sandranj? Very worried about what could happen.

Timeline

mmluck did you provide the addresses that you lived over the last 5 years or not?

At the US.Consulate when they asked about your father's occupation, you mentioned your step father's occupation , but did you tell them that you were giving your step father's occupation? They probably are looking to see if you misrepresented facts when you obtained your visa , because there are discrepancies between what you said in your interview in your home Country ,and regarding what you informed in your forms here in the US.

If you mentioned the addresses you lived over the last 5 years,not missing a single one, and explained to the US Consulate about your step father's occupation then you are good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.