2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I did not give them any picture of me and my spouse being together. Because when I left him, i didn't grab anything with me. And also I could. not find any support from friends who would write me an affidavit letter. However, USCIS approved on faithful marriage.

Did you guys file tax together or opened a joint bank acount? Those would really help.

No nothing like that, i as told u i was new here, i had no car, no phone, no driver license, not even ID. He didn't make any joint accounts or arranged any medical for me. But i trusted him that was my mistake. After 3 months of my arrival in US, he kicked me out of his house. And a friend of mine gave me place to live. :(

Kimmra,

have you ever been to a shelter for domestic violence victims? For example, domestic violence shelter would evaluate the abuse and give you a legitimate evidence of abuse.

Sandra will answer your questions thoroughly

I'm just speaking of my experience.

And also, most victims of domestic violence have to see a psychologist which usually domestic violence shelters provide that type of therapeutic services. You could have used the psychologist's evaluation as an evidence of abuse

Edited by leilabird

I'm highpathetically assuming that you came to the US with a K1 visa. If so you guys got married, right?

I don't know a whole lot but the emails you guys were sending back n forth would be the best evidence you could provide on faithful marriage. Hope you, in your statement, explained why you didn't have any joint bank account or insurance together. Because, not letting you have any documents, i believe, is the part of extreme abuse.

I'm highpathetically assuming that you came to the US with a K1 visa. If so you guys got married, right?

I don't know a whole lot but the emails you guys were sending back n forth would be the best evidence you could provide on faithful marriage. Hope you, in your statement, explained why you didn't have any joint bank account or insurance together. Because, not letting you have any documents, i believe, is the part of extreme abuse.

Yes i came on k1 visa and we got married but later he said that i am not like american girls like very outgoing etc. and backward minded. I am very religious and also my culture is different than american, i asked him to give me some time to understand this culture, country and people but he said he was done with me and tried to send me back to my country. He also lied to uscis that i came here just for GC, which is not true. He just destroyed my life. No respect for women or their religion or culture.

If so than you have plenty of evidence on faithful marriage. Because he must have applied for you K1 visa which means he wanted to marry you and did everything to convince you to come here in the USA. Your lawyer must have used that as an evidence for sure. Applying for a K1 visa is a long journey. Eventhough i didnt come here with a k1 visa, i know how that works. K1 approval is a big evidence of the relationship of you and him.

Don't worry. To me, your case sounds strong. You are married to a us citizen or a LPR. Your life is ruined because of the citizen of this country. Therefore you're the problem of this country. What it means is this country needs to take care of you.

Edited by leilabird

If so than you have plenty of evidence on faithful marriage. Because he must have applied for you K1 visa which means he wanted to marry you and did everything to convince you to come here in the USA. Your lawyer must have used that as an evidence for sure. Applying for a K1 visa is a long journey. Eventhough i didnt come here with a k1 visa, i know how that works. K1 approval is a big evidence of the relationship of you and him.

Don't worry. To me, your case sounds strong. You are married to a us citizen or a LPR. Your life is ruined because of the citizen of this country. Therefore you're the problem of this country. What it means is this country needs to take care of you.

Thank you leilabird for giving me hope i was really hopeless. My husband was US citizen. But i dont know how my lawyer prepared my case. But thank you again for helping me.

Thank you leilabird for giving me hope i was really hopeless. My husband was US citizen. But i dont know how my lawyer prepared my case. But thank you again for helping me.

I also want to know that can i go to therapist now? After applying for vawa? It has been almost three years when i got abused and i didn't have any money for doctors that is why i couldn't get treatments. But can i go to them now? I asked my lawyer about it two times but she did never answer me about it she would change the topic, I don't know why. Any advice please ?

In my experience, i went to a domestic violence shelter. The DVS provided a free therapist. The therapist evaluated how much trauma I went thru.

I'm not sure whether or not you can go see a therapist "now"

If your attorney doesn't take this idea seriously than she has enough evidence to prove his extreme cruelty.

Ask Sandra

In my experience, i went to a domestic violence shelter. The DVS provided a free therapist. The therapist evaluated how much trauma I went thru.

I'm not sure whether or not you can go see a therapist "now"

If your attorney doesn't take this idea seriously than she has enough evidence to prove his extreme cruelty.

Ask Sandra

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

kimmra what did you submit to prove bonafide marriage and abuse? I helped many girls here and they did not have any commingling finances, but I explained why they could not have bills such as joint bank account,lease agreement,utility bills,car and health insurance, tax return filed jointly etc..but i did not ignore and submit the affidavit,I explained they didn't have all traditional primary evidence like equal couples have, because the nature of the abusive relationship they were living. I explained the victims became powerless and had no voice or choices to make in the relationship.They made the best choices that were available to them at the time that they were in distress and suffering control. I asked USCIS to adjudicate with sensitively and in light of the history of the abuse suffered , because most of the victims don’t have all evidences.

If you suffered mental abuse, then you need to have a psychological evaluation or a letter from the shelter showing you were attending counseling and/or therapy. If you still feel affected for all abuse endured,you still can seek treatment, attend 5/6 therapy sessions and have a psychological evaluation done.If you get a diagnosis of post traumatic disorder or of depression you have a good chance to have your case approved.

Edited by sandranj

kimmra what did you submit to prove bonafide marriage and abuse? I helped many girls here and they did not have any commingling finances, but I explained why they could not have bills such as joint bank account,lease agreement,utility bills,car and health insurance, tax return filed jointly etc..but i did not ignore and submit the affidavit,I explained they didn't have all traditional primary evidence like equal couples have, because the nature of the abusive relationship they were living. I explained the victims became powerless and had no voice or choices to make in the relationship.They made the best choices that were available to them at the time that they were in distress and suffering control. I asked USCIS to adjudicate with sensitively and in light of the history of the abuse suffered , because most of the victims dont have all evidences.

If you suffered mental abuse, then you need to have a psychological evaluation or a letter from the shelter showing you were attending counseling and/or therapy. If you still feel affected for all abuse endured,you still can seek treatment, attend 5/6 therapy sessions and have a psychological evaluation done.If you get a diagnosis of post traumatic disorder or of depression you have a good chance to have your case approved.

Hello Sandraj, my lawyer included my 20 pages affidavit, marriage certificate, birth certificate, passport copy, photos of engagement and after engagement with both families(i don't have any photo of marriage or with my husband together after i came to US as he took everything), my k1 visa copy, divorce decree, my respond to motion of default judgment on divorce, police clearance from my country and WATCH report, 8 affidavits from friends proving abuse and good faith marriage and 3 affidavits from friends about my good character.

Is this enough ?

I also want to attend some therapies as i still feel angry, dispersed, scared to lose loved ones all the time and easily get agitated, some times get up at night and cry. But i couldn't find the less expensive one. Do you know there are some organizations or people who provide services for free or less money?

Thank you Sandraj.

Timeline

kimmrra I handled over 6.000 cases, 70% of the cases were based in mental abuse,and to be honest with you I just saw two cases approved without psychological evaluation.If they can't find prove of extreme cruelty they will send you an RFE asking to prove extreme cruelty. If you get an RFE then you must provide a psychological evaluation ok.

i am sending you through pm some clinics in Seattle to do therapy with affordable prices.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Folks the picnic will be on June 28,2014, in the Central Park,from 1.30pm to 4.30pm. I believe this time we will have around 20 people.You can bring the kids.Every one should bring something to eat.At least 4/5 people are in shelters right now, and going through some hardship, then don't worry you don't have to bring anything, but be all there.

I am giving some ideas what to bring to a picnic,but it's not limited to that. Please send me a pm message saying what you are bringing in order to avoid 3/4 people buying same kind of food. I prefer if each of you could bring something that you eat in your home Country, but if it's impossible to find something from your home Country, then you can bring anything you want . Despite we will be in 15/20 people, do not bring food for 15/20 people lol, bring for 4/5 people,we will share everything.

Because the Central park is massive .I will send through pm the exactly entrance where everyone should be there at 1.30pm. Please don't be late because I will not wait, and once inside the park it will be impossible to tell the location where we will be. If it's raining we will have the meet up in the Trump Tower indoor garden(last time meet up)at 1.30pm .

Picnic food ideas

– guacamole and tostitos

-hummus and chips

-vegetable tray and dip

-wrap sandwich

-meter sandwich

-tuna wrap

-fruit salad

-cheese and crackers

​-mozzarella sticks

-cupcake

-cake

-lemonade

-ice tea

-soda(coke)

etc..

ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE PARK ok.

I will bring some Brazilian food , see all pictures. Religious people or vegetarians can eat as well, because there is no meat in some of the foods.

http://kitfestasfabi.blogspot.com/2013/03/salgadoso-melhor-do-litoralqualidade-e.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Sandra puted in my calendar for June 28 th ;)

I'll cook Ukrainian salad and make Pastichio. It's a Greek pasta dish with meet.

hope everyone will like it.

PM me about the entrance when you have a chance.

Can't wait to see all you guys ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.