2,976 posts in this topic

Please share your experience if you ever filed I290b after your VAWA denial. How long did yours take to get a final decision?

my timeline on I290b is this;

Filed i290b on Feb 28 2014

Receipt on March 11 2014

Initial Review March 25 2014

Re-opened April 22 2014

Haven't heard anything since.

please help help help

I believe the timeline is ~6 - 12 months for an appeal to be heard, and something like 97% of all appeals are denied.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I believe the timeline is ~6 - 12 months for an appeal to be heard, and something like 97% of all appeals are denied.

Thanks for your response.

97% appeals are denied? What statistics are you based on saying that? I can't sleep at nights and cry myself to sleep every single day.

So you're saying I don't need to keep my hope? Should I kill myself since it's gonna be denied anyway?

You think my case will be denied as well eventhough you know nothing about my case and why they denied my VAWA in the first place?

Please be mindful of what you have to say. I never asked what my chances are being approved.

My case will be approved. I will send you a personal message when that time comes!

I believe I've seen Sandra give the ~97% figure somewhere. I have no idea whether you will be approved or denied or anything else, I'm simply giving you the facts. What you do with them is your business.

AoS

77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview

Naturalisation

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

I believe I've seen Sandra give the ~97% figure somewhere. I have no idea whether you will be approved or denied or anything else, I'm simply giving you the facts. What you do with them is your business.

Have you read the question i asked? I asked "if you had filed i290b" Have you ever filed i290 before?

Filed: Other Timeline

I am sure your case will be approved since they just denied you because you didn't have your husbands birth certificate. Have faith and I hope they fix this for you as soon as possible!

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Hello, i am new here and dont know how to use this site. I have read the posts by Sandraj and really wanted to have an advice from all of you.

1. My lawyer is pro bono and she applied for vawa on may 2,2014 but i didn't get any receipt for that yet.

2. I wanted to attach some emails with my application but they needed to be translated and my lawyer said she would take care of that but since last two months she didn't get them translated yet. I told her that i can get them translated but she said NO.

She didn't send those with my application and said that she will send them later but she said she don't know when. No fix date or month.

I am really confused. Can she send them later ?

97% appeals are denied? What statistics are you based on saying that?

You can find a list of previous Administrative Appeals Office decisions for appealing an adverse VAWA I-360 decision here: http://www.uscis.gov/laws/admin-decisions?topic_id=1&newdir=B9+-+Battered+Spouse+or+Child

In 2013 there were 284 appeals to the AAO for VAWA I-360 cases. Of these 284, 25 were sustained and 259 were dismissed; this is a denial rate of 91%, so a touch lower than I thought.

AoS

77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview

Naturalisation

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Hello, i am new here and dont know how to use this site. I have read the posts by Sandraj and really wanted to have an advice from all of you.

1. My lawyer is pro bono and she applied for vawa on may 2,2014 but i didn't get any receipt for that yet.

2. I wanted to attach some emails with my application but they needed to be translated and my lawyer said she would take care of that but since last two months she didn't get them translated yet. I told her that i can get them translated but she said NO.

She didn't send those with my application and said that she will send them later but she said she don't know when. No fix date or month.

I am really confused. Can she send them later ?

Hi, I know you're frustrated because at this point everything is out of your control. My lawyer could not find a translator in my language. So she asked if i could translate my own birth certificate. and I did. It was all good. If you're concerned, you should translate those emails yourself or find some place to translate and get it ready in case your lawyer needs it or USCIS makes a request for an additional evidence in the future. For now, trust you lawyer. If she thinks your case doesn't need those emails then relax.

Hope everything goes well for you. Newly filed VAWA cases in 2014 seem to be going to a decision pretty fast.

Hi, I know you're frustrated because at this point everything is out of your control. My lawyer could not find a translator in my language. So she asked if i could translate my own birth certificate. and I did. It was all good. If you're concerned, you should translate those emails yourself or find some place to translate and get it ready in case your lawyer needs it or USCIS makes a request for an additional evidence in the future. For now, trust you lawyer. If she thinks your case doesn't need those emails then relax.

Hope everything goes well for you. Newly filed VAWA cases in 2014 seem to be going to a decision pretty fast.

Oh, thank you very much. May god bless u :)

But i didn't have any proofs for good faith marriage and abuse as my husband took everything from me and i couldn't call the police because i was pretty new in US and didnt know how to speek english.

I only have 10 affidavits from friends and emails. I think my case is too weak :(

You can find a list of previous Administrative Appeals Office decisions for appealing an adverse VAWA I-360 decision here: http://www.uscis.gov/laws/admin-decisions?topic_id=1&newdir=B9+-+Battered+Spouse+or+Child

Thanks for the search. Literally that's not what I asked. Have you even paid attention to my initial question? In which I mentioned than my case is re-opened. For your information, "re-opened " means that my case did not go thru AAO. So my case has nothing to do with AAO statistics.

Re-opened cases are to be adjudicated within USCIS.

Can you find me statistics that are adjudicated within USCIS too? Appreciate it.

Why are you trying to tell me there's a little chance of getting approved? What's your point? You really don't care how people would feel when they're already going thru hardship, do you????

In 2013 there were 284 appeals to the AAO for VAWA I-360 cases. Of these 284, 25 were sustained and 259 were dismissed; this is a denial rate of 91%, so a touch lower than I thought.

Oh, thank you very much. May god bless u :)

But i didn't have any proofs for good faith marriage and abuse as my husband took everything from me and i couldn't call the police because i was pretty new in US and didnt know how to speek english.

I only have 10 affidavits from friends and emails. I think my case is too weak :(

You have a lawyer who's working on your case. That means your lawyer thinks you have a plenty of chances to be approved. She wouldn't have approved if she thought your case wouldn't go anywhere. So have faith.

You will be okay.

You have a lawyer who's working on your case. That means your lawyer thinks you have a plenty of chances to be approved. She wouldn't have approved if she thought your case wouldn't go anywhere. So have faith.

You will be okay.

Thank you again leilabird. Hope everything goes well.

I did not give them any picture of me and my spouse being together. Because when I left him, i didn't grab anything with me. And also I could. not find any support from friends who would write me an affidavit letter. However, USCIS approved on faithful marriage.

Did you guys file tax together or opened a joint bank acount? Those would really help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.