2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ana-stas you asked me if he can harm you in any way? Absolutely. I mean he can harm you physically, not regarding your Vawa case.1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year in the U.S,just in 2013 were murdered by their spouses/partners over 3.000 women in the U.S.I know you have a restraining order against him, but despite that make sure not to leave the house at night alone EVER, if you are still living at the same house change the door lockers, make sure all windows are properly closed, change your phone number,rent a PO box for a while to avoid the abuser take your mails.You don't have to live in terror, but you need to be extra careful if he knows where you live.

Once the victim leaves the abusers, I recommend the victims not to deal with the abusers in any way,anymore, if you have kids then get custody of the child, file for child support. If your ex husband/wife has a history of alcohol or drug abuse make sure your attorney will submit a petition asking SUPERVISED VISITATION of the child, to make sure your child has a safe and supervised environment.

We can't change other people, but we can only change how we respond to them, we can choose how we deal with and react to any abusive behavior. I recommend to all victims of DV to seek help such as attending therapy sessions, counseling etc. In any relationship recognizing the warning signs and symptoms of an abusive partner is the first step,and the victim should leave at the first sign of abuse.Abusers DO NOT CHANGE, EVER!period.

Regarding your Vawa you can send USCIS a letter asking them to adjudicate your case, it won't your case.

Filed: Other Timeline

Sandra,

What is an alien number? They never gave me this number when I filed I360. Now they gave me an alien number when i filed I290B. This number starts with a letter A and followed by nine digit numbers

Sandra,

What is an alien number? They never gave me this number when I filed I360. Now they gave me an alien number when i filed I290B. This number starts with a letter A and followed by nine digit numbers

Look at your I-360 receipt and it should have your alien number listed in one of the boxes to the right top.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

leilabird when you have a case with USCIS you get a number, this number is your alien number. You got a different number now because you filed a motion, then it's different from the one you have in your Vawa case.

http://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/number

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ana-stas you asked me if he can harm you in any way? Absolutely. I mean he can harm you physically, not regarding your Vawa case.1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year in the U.S,just in 2013 were murdered by their spouses/partners over 3.000 women in the U.S.I know you have a restraining order against him, but despite that make sure not to leave the house at night alone EVER, if you are still living at the same house change the door lockers, make sure all windows are properly closed, change your phone number,rent a PO box for a while to avoid the abuser take your mails.You don't have to live in terror, but you need to be extra careful if he knows where you live.

Once the victim leaves the abusers, I recommend the victims not to deal with the abusers in any way,anymore, if you have kids then get custody of the child, file for child support. If your ex husband/wife has a history of alcohol or drug abuse make sure your attorney will submit a petition asking SUPERVISED VISITATION of the child, to make sure your child has a safe and supervised environment.

We can't change other people, but we can only change how we respond to them, we can choose how we deal with and react to any abusive behavior. I recommend to all victims of DV to seek help such as attending therapy sessions, counseling etc. In any relationship recognizing the warning signs and symptoms of an abusive partner is the first step,and the victim should leave at the first sign of abuse.Abusers DO NOT CHANGE, EVER!period.

Regarding your Vawa you can send USCIS a letter asking them to adjudicate your case, it won't your case.

Thank you a lot my dear. Omg you are so supportive.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks a lot for your support. I pm'ed Sandra and she always helped me and aswered all my questions. But unfortunately there is nothing I can do at this moment. I need tp be patient but it is difficult. My loving grandma passed away less then 2 weeks ago and I could npt even gp and say good-bue to her:( that made me stressed...

I have a lawyer she seems to be very knowledgeable (and expensive lol). But she told me I need to wait. That's it.

I inquired every organization I could. They don't seem to be helpful unfortunately.

My ex husband was very abusive both physically and mentally. I believe he has some mental disorder...

Sandra can you please tell me. My ex was extremely angry when I finally went to police and then took him to court in order to get an order of protection (and it was granted to me as he pleaded guilty). I think he knows the way I went (filed vawa). Can he harm me in any way?

Ana-stas, you did everything you could. You just need to be patient and pray. It took me over a year to get approved. There are some people who waited a lot less... Nobody seems to know why the timelines are so different. Just keep praying.. Your time will come:)

Filed: Timeline

Today I receive call from my lawyer about me case . He told me he receive receipt for my I 485 and I 765 . I am waiting for letter for finger print ABC . One thing I don't understand I never receive any letter my home address !!! All the time my lawyer send me copy to my email address . My case going so fast I so happy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi , I am freshmen on this web site. I want to share my story. I got married to my husband in August 2010. I don't want to talk about my abused marriage . Because I want to get over this ASAP. And I believe that some girls had to go through even worse then me. I was fan of this forum for long time . That forum saved me time and helped me with papers preparation ( HUGE THANKS to Sandranj ) . Now , I can tell you my experience with I-360 . I filed I-360 in October 2012, November 14 2012 I received appointment for finger printing . I filed for work authorization together with I-360 form. I received approval for work authorization but I never seen my EAD card . I n August 2013 I received approval for I 360. In the end of August my case was transferred to NBC .In November 2013 I filled again for EAD card I paid 385$ fee ( my lawyer said it is faster way if I pay) + I did a new fingerprinting and finally In January I received EAD card. In April ,30 I got invitation for an interview . I went for interview May,14 so that was quick . She didn't ask questions about my abusive husband . I had court disposition with me which happened in 2006. And then she asked me some questions from I -485. Then she said to wait 60 days for decision . My questions are : 1 - IO didn't take my original I-94 form. How that can affect my waiting time ? 2- on a USCIS web site - no changing on case status ( still Initially review ) 3 my fingerprints and medical exam are expired already how that can affect me ? Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by Smallbird1204

1) This has no effect on anything.

2) That's not a question.

3) Biometrics are valid for 15 months, and if yours have expired then you will receive a new biometrics appointment before you can be approved.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you, Hypnos and Sandra for your replies. I thought that the status of case should change from initial review to decision. I was waiting so long, that I thought it would be my finish line. But I am on hold again. I just want to know how long from now on I have to wait?

How long is a piece of string? It could be days, weeks, or (unlikely) months.

In my case I was told I was approved at the interview but the formal approval only happened a month later.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.