2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Sandra and all the other vawa friends. ..Finally my visa was issued today after I got a 221g on my interview on the 8th. I was called to the Embassy today with my passport. The visa was stamped and also handed the yellow envelope with instructions DO Not Open. Thank you all.

Congrats bro! I am very happy for you, you had a very distinct case and finally everything fell into place. Best of luck in your future here in the USA

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats bro! I am very happy for you, you had a very distinct case and finally everything fell into place. Best of luck in your future here in the USA

Thanks man.. How is your case going so far? I pray you get your approval soon.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone and congratulations to the ones approved.

I just have a question. I sent my vawa application April 21.

It shows they received it April 24 based from the tracking info I have from the post office.

Until now, I didn't hear anything back. Not even a e notification from them that they received it.

I am going nutts thinking I might have sent it to the wrong address or if that's a bad sign...

I have read most of the timelines here and within few days you guys received prima facie.

What should I do :(

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It shows they received it April 24 based from the tracking info I have from the post office.

Until now, I didn't hear anything back. Not even a e notification from them that they received it.

I am going nutts thinking I might have sent it to the wrong address or if that's a bad sign...

I have read most of the timelines here and within few days you guys received prima facie.

It took me 1 month to get a receipt from VSC and about 3 more weeks to get PF. I think there is no reason to worry yet (I filed vawa in 2013).

It took me 1 month to get a receipt from VSC and about 3 more weeks to get PF. I think there is no reason to worry yet (I filed vawa in 2013).

Congrats withh all new approvals!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Okay.thanks for the reply sandranj and ana-stas.

I guess I'm very paranoid....

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks man.. How is your case going so far? I pray you get your approval soon.

Thanks for the prayer, everything is going well, I am still waiting for EAD but I am praying/hoping/expecting for an I-360 approval within a month or 2. When are you planning to come back?

Timeline

Good morning everyone!!!

Did anyone inquire Ombudsman about the vawa case and got no responce within 45 business days as it was said in the e-mail? I inquired more then 2 months ago ( 45 business days) and did not get a responce. E-mailed VSC and no responce as well. Congressmans office told me that my case is under background check and there is no time line for that. I have never been arrested...nothing but it takes forever. Filed vawa on January 2013 (reseipt from February, 8 2013).

Sandra,

What is an alien number? They never gave me this number when I filed I360. Now they gave me an alien number when i filed I290B. This number starts with a letter A and followed by nine digit numbers

Sandra,

What is an alien number? They never gave me this number when I filed I360. Now they gave me an alien number when i filed I290B. This number starts with a letter A and followed by nine digit numbers

Good morning everyone!!!

Did anyone inquire Ombudsman about the vawa case and got no responce within 45 business days as it was said in the e-mail? I inquired more then 2 months ago ( 45 business days) and did not get a responce. E-mailed VSC and no responce as well. Congressmans office told me that my case is under background check and there is no time line for that. I have never been arrested...nothing but it takes forever. Filed vawa on January 2013 (reseipt from February, 8 2013).

Hi, you haven't heard from USCIS since Feb,8 2013? If so, something is going not right. Do you have an attorney? It took mine 8 months to get a final decision.

Timeline

Hi, you haven't heard from USCIS since Feb,8 2013? If so, something is going not right. Do you have an attorney? It took mine 8 months to get a final decision.

Yeap, nothing. They just send me the PF extensions when I request.

I e-mailed VSC (no responce), I inquired Ombudsman's office (no responce), inquired Congressman's office and got a responce that it is under background check (I have never been arrested nothing). Omg... my case had pretty much all the supportive documantation including psychological evaluation with treatment, 2 police reports, my affidevit, final order of protection for 1 year. I know I need to be patient but my ead is expired as well and I am waiting for a new one for 2,5 months now:(

Timeline

I e-mailed Ombudsman 30 minutes earlier and just got an e-mail from them:

Dear Ms. Anastasia.....

Thank you for your email to the Ombudsmans Office. We have notified the analyst assigned to your case of your email. We will email you an update as information becomes available.

Sincerely,

Office of the CIS Ombudsman

Yeap, nothing. They just send me the PF extensions when I request.

I e-mailed VSC (no responce), I inquired Ombudsman's office (no responce), inquired Congressman's office and got a responce that it is under background check (I have never been arrested nothing). Omg... my case had pretty much all the supportive documantation including psychological evaluation with treatment, 2 police reports, my affidevit, final order of protection for 1 year. I know I need to be patient but my ead is expired as well and I am waiting for a new one for 2,5 months now:(

If you do not have an attorney, you should find an attorney to help with this crisis. Or send a personal message to Sandra.

i can't believe this! We become victims of USCIS after all we went thru. I know how you feel it's like. there's no air we can breathe at this moment.

I filed VAWA May 28 2013. They made their decision January 28 2013.

Seek for a lawyer. i think at this point you can do anything about it.

Timeline

If you do not have an attorney, you should find an attorney to help with this crisis. Or send a personal message to Sandra.

i can't believe this! We become victims of USCIS after all we went thru. I know how you feel it's like. there's no air we can breathe at this moment.

I filed VAWA May 28 2013. They made their decision January 28 2013.

Seek for a lawyer. i think at this point you can do anything about it.

Thanks a lot for your support. I pm'ed Sandra and she always helped me and aswered all my questions. But unfortunately there is nothing I can do at this moment. I need tp be patient but it is difficult. My loving grandma passed away less then 2 weeks ago and I could npt even gp and say good-bue to her:( that made me stressed...

I have a lawyer she seems to be very knowledgeable (and expensive lol). But she told me I need to wait. That's it.

I inquired every organization I could. They don't seem to be helpful unfortunately.

My ex husband was very abusive both physically and mentally. I believe he has some mental disorder...

Sandra can you please tell me. My ex was extremely angry when I finally went to police and then took him to court in order to get an order of protection (and it was granted to me as he pleaded guilty). I think he knows the way I went (filed vawa). Can he harm me in any way?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.