2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

vawa 111 if you were the abused spouse is a U.S. citizen then you can file in 3 years, If, however your spouse is an LPR you can apply for naturalization after 5 years with a green card.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/pressrelease/PolMem89.pdf

Filed: Timeline

vawa 111 if you were the abused spouse is a U.S. citizen then you can file in 3 years, If, however your spouse is an LPR you can apply for naturalization after 5 years with a green card.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/pressrelease/PolMem89.pdf

Thank you for the link, Sandra. But when does the clock start exactly? Is it from the priority date, date of vawa approval or date of becoming a permanent resident?

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Timeline

amirak if you suffered just mental abuse you need a psychological evaluation stating the abuse suffered and you need to be diagnosed with depression and /or post traumatic disorder etc.

You need police certificate from all places you lived in the U.S.

If you suffered physical abuse submit police report, restraining order If you have

Write down 9/13 pages about the abuse suffered,in details, mention About the courtship

Get affidavits from friends nd family,even from people living abroad stating about bonafide marriage,and if they know Bout the abuse then they can mention why they know about the abuse

Pictures of injuries,if you have

Hospital record if you were hospitalized due the abuse

Proof of bonafide marriage,bank statement, lease agreement, bills in name of.both etc

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Good morning guys, My time has finally come!!!!

I checked my status this morning and i was screaming so loud.. MY CASE APPROVED!!!! Jesus Reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys for the support, throughout this process, the anxiety and pain. Thank you guys so much.

Sandra keep up the good work, Thank you for all you do, your reward is in heaven. IT IS GOOD TO BE GOOD!!!

Applied 04 july 2014, approval 16 dec 2014

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello SandraNJ, I went to my aos interview,i went with attorney and io put a circle on the option file held for review.The interview lasted for about fifteen mins. I was asked about all my addresses after because I move a lot , then I was asked that I should be in school because iam f-1 but I told I was in school the whole 360 incident messed up my school(Does the messed performance in School decides my fate,which solely happened due to abuse) ,that's what really happened. then I was asked about my arrest but I had copies from my court in which judge dismissed my arrest case and terminated my probation, completing a plea of non-guilty(Io kept copies of all these and my divorce).I was then asked about yes/no questions from 485 , she filled new form in front of me and told me the changes.and new g-28.Also she got details of where I was working & my title in the job,(does having a good job affects your case?) Then she took my i94 mentioned I don`t need it and said I will receive something in about 30 days, she said I don`t think I need a second interview & didn't ask about medical but just have to review my file.she gave my back my ead and passport.I have been crying since then ,I knew truth will win , I was praying to God to give my justice. I am still crying ,online it says my details were updated on 485.I am just so overwhelmed,not able to eat ,walk,talk. What do you think is my mistake,I never lied about anything ,bad things happened to me in my marriage ,that's why filed 360,she saw all my genuine police reports ,how I was assaulted more than twice by my spouse,leaving me with blood on my face,ears& mouth,and a psychological evaluation,she had my whole file,all proofs of bonafide marriage were clear,joint lease,joint bank accounts,photos,letter from neighbours,letter from close friends,police clearance from my home country and here etceven my arrest here was dismissed and judge agreed to enter non-guilty because of my good behavior & compiling with all requirements.What to do now?I really wish if I had your number & would have called you right away.Please give me some light in the name of Creator God.

"God is without any mark, quoit, colour, caste or creed.

No one can give any explanation of His form, dress, outline and complexion

God is the Lord of three worlds (land, air, water) not only gods, men and demons, but the whole

vegetable world announces that none is equal and alike God

None can utter all of Your names. Wise men who realise Your virtues, call You in the same way

Glory to the God"

Plzzzzzz can you tell me how much does you lawyer charge you for sanding you vawa case

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

amirak if you suffered just mental abuse you need a psychological evaluation stating the abuse suffered and you need to be diagnosed with depression and /or post traumatic disorder etc.

You need police certificate from all places you lived in the U.S.

If you suffered physical abuse submit police report, restraining order If you have

Write down 9/13 pages about the abuse suffered,in details, mention About the courtship

Get affidavits from friends nd family,even from people living abroad stating about bonafide marriage,and if they know Bout the abuse then they can mention why they know about the abuse

Pictures of injuries,if you have

Hospital record if you were hospitalized due the abuse

Proof of bonafide marriage,bank statement, lease agreement, bills in name of.both etc

thank you so much Sandra . I already did all this thing just I need same exemple for personal statement.and am looking for a lawyer to help me on thay

Timeline

amrik if you suffered abuse then you have your own story to tell. Each person abused experienced different forms of abuse ,sometimes the same,but each one has to write down about their abuse WITHOUT following examples.WE lawyers don't draft the alien affidavit,we review the affidavit,that is it. Nobody should share/disclose their personal affidavits with other members here, otherwise people are risking their own cases.

Write your story how you would tell someone about the abuse ,and tell about the whole courtship as well.

Amrik, in my case I did not get any clue from other cases (victims) . My lawyer told me to write what happened from the day I arrived in the states to the marriage and then to the day you got out of abuse. My lawyer said that my statement should be very detailed. It was one of the hardest things to do because it brought up a trauma/abuse back a piece by piece in to my mind. This is something that you never forget and have nightmares of. But you will have to write on a paper/papers what exactly happened. My statement turned out to be 15 pages. I margined all the evidence and affidavit letters acknowledged that every single word I said was true. Don't forget to ask your friends and witnesses that are going to make an affidavit letter to you to enclose their contact information

Edited by leilabird

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.