2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Watsup every one congratulations on the new approvals. I did get me a denial in July 2014 after I answered to an RFE with an EAD and GC application. Then when my denial notice was transferred to my former address and I asked the people there to forward it to me the people there instead it was mailed back to Vermont. My status said notice mailed back call to change address. When I called I was told to write, When I wrote I didn't receive no reply. Instead I was sent an RFE for the EAD asking for photos. I sent the photos and received my EAD.

NOW YESTERDAY my status says my VAWA case has been reopened. This is weird alone because I have never filed an appeal or motion to re-open my case at all. I never even saw the denial notice or reason for denial. I missed my GC biometrics but still got my EAD.Please Sandra I need your two cents because I am the most confused humanbeing right now.

louboy how long did it take for ead to arrive after your rfe?

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Timeline

no there is no update online just letter saying the date time and where and also what they need for me to update like physical exam and about the 1st question i didn't understand it if you can explain i will answer it ty

How many days from when you got the letter to the actual interview date? Thanks!

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

louboy how long did it take for ead to arrive after your rfe?

It took a week to be approved and a week to arrive. It says fingerprints not available on it though.

Timeline

about the mysterious opening of my case. I did contact a lawyer who had once asked me 15000 dols but he instead insisted I HAD FILED TO REOPEN MY CASE SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER DONE.I found out he had no idea too.So I went to the internet searching for answers until I found this immigration law website.I found out that my case might have been opened through a service motion.In a service motion USCIS decides to reopen a case on there own after a denial if they realize they made some errors while making a decision on the case. This happens even if no motion to reopen has been filed. I gave this information in order for others who might have a similar problem to benefit from this advice.

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

about the mysterious opening of my case. I did contact a lawyer who had once asked me 15000 dols but he instead insisted I HAD FILED TO REOPEN MY CASE SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER DONE.I found out he had no idea too.So I went to the internet searching for answers until I found this immigration law website.I found out that my case might have been opened through a service motion.In a service motion USCIS decides to reopen a case on there own after a denial if they realize they made some errors while making a decision on the case. This happens even if no motion to reopen has been filed. I gave this information in order for others who might have a similar problem to benefit from this advice.

I do believe this is the work of God, your faith had to be tested and it was. Consider this pure joy when you face trials of many kinds, the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Expect good news in the end.....am happy for you

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

flex just make sure you have all original documents with you when attending the interview, such as original birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree(if you have one),valid passport, if you were arrested or had any restraining order against you then get COURT CERTIFIES DISPOSITION.Most interview they just check original documents and that is it, some officers ask to see bonafide marriage proof, then take to the interview proof of bonafide marriage ok. Just answer questions when he/she asks, when the officer is checking the documents do not talk, do not handle documents to the officer without asking permission, do not put anything in the officer desk.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just freaked out a little bit right now lol I got a notice from USCIS that is printed on Orange paper, I was like ####### hope its not bad news, but then I read it and it was a notice regarding I-485 saying that I did not submit I-693 Medical exam, and that I will need to get it done to take to the interview or if don't get an interview that I will be getting RFE so that I can submit it.

Well good thing I took care of it just last week.So right now just waiting to get notification of interview. Hopefully it won't take too long...

Timeline

Luoboy, that was my initial thought on your "reopening case" status, but i wasn't sure. Anyway, congrats n thank for the info.

Thanks Leilla I did see that you also had a denial and was planning to file a new application where are you at now.

Luoboy, yes I did get a denial on my appeal. I didn't receive the official denial notice though the online status said my appeal was denied. My attorney and I abandoned the old appeal BS and refiled in August. By far, i'm still waiting since I recently received receipt notices for all 3 applications (i360,756&485)

Edited by leilabird

Filed: Timeline

hello everyone,

I'd like to ask..

I don't have a police report or a restrain order against my husband.

How many declarations of the abuse witness are necessary?

I had seen a psychiatrist for depression from the abuse for over a year, but the psychiatrist quit the office and I can't find/ reach the Dr.

I can't get a letter from the Dr and all I have is the records of medical bill from the mental health office.

Does submitting the medical bill records help for the case or doesn't matter?

My husband petition got denied so as i-485 recently.

I don't have status now.. I heard that after filing vawa concurrently with i-485, I can ask an emergency advance parole (very serious family matter). Is it true?

Thank you.

Timeline

The latest update on the mysterious reopening of my case by USCIS even without filling an appeal or motion is that, today I have received two identical notices that say,

"After review, we have reopened the above application or petition, or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."

After the above message the rest of the document is blank. One notice is dated October 21st 2014 and the other is October 23rd 2014.The first notice is dated 90 days after my denial was issued on July 21st.On the other denials this is usually when notices to appear to begin removal proceedings are issued.

I have never gotten the opportunity to read the denial notice and hence, don't know why I was denied. Reason being the denial notice was sent to my earlier address even after I had filled out a form AR-11 in the RFE. The RFE reply arrived exactly on deadline day. This time the reopening notices came to the correct address. I consulted a few experienced lawyers and all had no idea what is going on.

In my first internet research It looked like a Service motion that is usually as a result of the immigration officer noticing a mistake while she making a decision on the case and decides to take a look at it again. Today I did further research and noticed some statements on the USCIS website that say Service motions take place when the case that was thought to be abandoned because an RFE was thought not to have been replied is denied. Meaning I might have been denied because they thought I had not answered the RFE.

I sent the RFE evidence and it arrived on 14th June 2014 Saturday and the RFE deadline was 16th June 2014 on a Monday. With it I sent an EAD and i485 application. The receipts of the work permit and i485 applications were sent on 26th June 2014.So I am thinking the said officer might have issued a denial after she thought I had abandoned my case.

Sandra would also please help me clarify if I am still able to present the psych evaluation and other evidence that was not available and if so in what format is best. Oh I should wait on an RFE.Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.