2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not sure how much notice is actually given. But my understanding is that it will go to the local office, then to NBC, then back to local office for interview. At least that's how i understood it. and that it will take few months.

My I-360 just got approved and then few days later I got email/text that my I-485 was sent to local office, not sure how ling it will be there, but like I said, my understaing is that it will then be sent to NBC and stay there for few months, and then back to local office for interview. Check my time line :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

mamaof3 I checked my pms from when Sandra helped me and, I hope this is ok to post if not I will delete it, Sandra had advised me to send 4 passport photos, so I sent 4 when I filed, 2 for I-765 and 2 for I-485.

Edited by carguy87

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

mamaof3 I checked my pms from when Sandra helped me and, I hope this is ok to post if not I will delete it, Sandra had advised me to send 4 passport photos, so I sent 4 when I filed, 2 for I-765 and 2 for I-485.

You are probably right, after waiting almost 2mths for my ead, my case was touched and rfe sent out this week for ead(wierd right!!!!), my atty only asked for 2 photos for the entire package, i just guessed its the pictures, soooo pissed.. will let know when i get the rfe in hand anyways.. Thanks Carguy

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

Mammaof3 finally your case was touched but unfortunately issued rfe.hopefully it has to be only about the pic.ive been waiting for 12 Weeks today after I sent my rfe and not heard anything so far.smhh it's stressful.

Hey Casper, this rfe was for EAD not I360, so I am pissed cos my atty messed up. Still waiting on vawa to be touch. Your approval is on the way, just be patient.

Edited by mamaof3!

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

I totally understand, you have a reason to be mad about your attorney .I really hope to hear something from Vermont this month.Wish you all the best and keep us posted .

I wish you the same, thank you. Will keep you posted, no worries!! Have a good weekend everyone!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Timeline

I dont usually post in the topic, however I would like to share a natural healing stress reducing technique. It has shown great benefits to those specifically effected by trauma (which would be many in this thread) however it is helpful to anyone really. Its called the emotional freedom technique- or EFT.

It draws on various forms of alt medicine including acupuncture, neuro-linguistic programming, energy medicine, and Thought Field Therapy. It basically involves tapping your fingertips in various places while stating positive affirmations.

While it does look and seem very very silly - it does actually work. Before beginning you can rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 of what your issue is; stressed, anxious etc and most people report a significant drop of several numbers afterwards/

Here is a general page with a video explaining the tapping techniques and phrases.

http://eft.mercola.com/

For trauma, it is best to combine the tapping with the 9 gamut procedure. Another very very simple yet odd routine. It effects your nerves and right and left sides of the brain and provides relief specifically effective for those with trauma issues.

You can find the 9 gamut at the bottom of this page-

http://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html

The top of that page is again basic eft techniques but the diagrams on the other page were nicer IMO.

So I would recommend doing the whole sequence 2-3 times.

First rate your level from 1-10 about the issue you are having. then start with the EFT tapping from the top down with the affirmation phrase. Immediately go into the 9 gamut. And then rate yourself again.

Do the whole thing 2-3 times and see how low you can go number wise.

(note the 9 gamut on that webpage says count rapidly from 1-5- doesnt have to be rapidly just steady. also you can sing or hum happy birthday or the song of your choice all the way through or the first 2-3 bars of it- you are just switching from right brain left brain. music/math so its not that important to fret about how long or how fast, its more the action of a switch that impacts it).

Some of the sites do also talk about using it for various self help things like weight loss and the what not. Your statement should be simple if you are using this as a coping technique during VAWA.

Even though I feel stressed, I deeply and completely accept myself.

Even though I feel nervous, I deeply and completely accept myself.

Even though I feel afraid, I deeply and completely accept myself.

Even though I feel angry--

feel sad

feel depressed

feel hopeless

helpless

overwhelmed

etc

If anyone has any success with it, it would be great to hear or if you need more help please ask.

Timeline

Hey guys, just like I thought, my atty did not put passport pictures in the work permit filing, the RFE i got was for 2 passport pictures, Annoying!!!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Hey guys, just like I thought, my atty did not put passport pictures in the work permit filing, the RFE i got was for 2 passport pictures, Annoying!!!!

So disheartening to see we pay these guys so much money an still the work is not done properly my attorney was a complete waste of 10 thousand dollars thank God for Sandra she deserved every penny I ever gave him.

Missymd any updates yet on your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.