2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

They won't remove you if you have a motion pending or refile Vawa. You can refile Vawa anytime you want,considering the case was closed,but you can wait till October 2 to see their decision.They won't remove you before expires the 30 days, plus it takes much more than that to start removal proceedings.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you Sandra and everyone for responding.

I feel all better now that I gathered opinions and advices and kind words (and after bawling my eyes out for a while. :cry: )

I am sorry if I ever said something derogatory towards anybody or anyone.

Sometimes, this whole process gets the best of me.

I will wait til I get a response for my closed vawa case then I will figure out from there.

I cant wait to the day I can finally work so I can hire a lawyer and help me through this.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Other Timeline

Sandra, they didn't actually told me when the case was closed. All the officer told me was my case was closed and to wait til oct 2 for their response. And they will response by mail using the address I have now.

I don't think I will file a motion. I will wait til they say "no, we wont open your case and your case will remain closed" or "yes, we will but you have to file for reconsider"

I will just refile everything. That way I can have a fresh start and maybe I will come up with a better VAWA Case.

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I know the feeling trust me...I chexked my calender everyday to check how maby days since I sent my rfe. After 90 days passed I just stopped worrying and I said....it is what it is. I think you will get approved. ..what state are u in?

Lop thank you for responding to me.

I feel completely all alone and it really helps to have people even just online to talk to.I completely agree about this one. We are immigrant applicants. We are not criminals. We want to do things legally by abiding to their rules. Its very unforgiving. Right now, I am out of my wits end. I am fearing I wont have a roof above my head and on top of all of this, my vawa case is closed. I might be in deportation and cannot work for myself. I cannot go back to my country because my father disowned me, my ex spread a whole bunch of personal images of me, degrading me, in front of every single person I know back home. How am I suppose to face everyone? I feel like dying...

Wildwoodflower21 take it to God in prayer there is nothing impossible for God he opened this door he won't close it now....just do as Sandra instructs you an act quickly time is of the essence in situations like this....your not alone we are all on this journey together I'm tired too mentally an emotionally but each day we make is a day closer to us gaining legal status here.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.