2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Should I wait til they respond from that request with the infopass?

The officer told me that they will respond and to give them til Oct 2 for their response.

Or

Should I send them a request for reconsideration now?

I don't know what to do..

Please help me..

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Okay. I will mail it today.

I feel like my head is going to pop!

My VAWA Timeline

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I understand each one frustration but we have to be fair. I have to say something HERE. .USA have the most amazing system in the word to help victims of domestic violence ,we have over 2.000 shelters for victims of domestic violence, we have over 20.000 pro bono lawyers (free).We have free counseling ,Medicaid for Vawa filers.When we call the police they show up.in 3/5 minutes ,no one single person victim of abuse will be in their own,if they seek help.Many states provide free houses for victim of abuse ,just in this thread there are over 10 women in shelters, and at least 4others got their own apartment(free. ).Uscis officers are human,they make mistakes.like any one of us ,but please do not say immigrants victims of dv were left alone in this Country .WE are the most compassionate country in the whole word to provide all forms of care to any abused men and women.IT's ok to be disappointed,anxious ,but let's be thankfull for all care available. Vawa unit is doing an outstanding job adjudicating Vawa and U.visa cases.

Edited by sandranj

Hi every body i have question .recently i moved on to another apt so my Question is do i have to send the update about mu new location knowing that the emigration send their letters to my lawyer . I worry if i do the change the process will take more longer than the normal

ty

Filed: Timeline

Sandra, I will try my best to see it the way you see it=) I agree about everything, police, shelters, social safety net, but not uscis yet...in the end of the day i know i did not do such horrible mistakes to competely mess up my file that bad, maybe it is a bad luck, maybe unprofessionalism, one thing I know for sure - I am not going to that interview without a lawyer!

Flexx

it will take longer, if you are lucky - not much longer! But you do not have a choice - you are obligated by law to change the address. You have to have a very good reasonable excuse for not changing it, and eventually you will have to anyways! Do as Sandra advises: change the address (notarized letter to Vermont), in 10 days go to infopass and MAKE SURE! let them give you a paper that indicates your new address.

I do agree that US has the best immigration and policies protecting immigrants specially the ones that are victims of abuse.

I guess that everybody going through ordeals lets the frustration get to us. And sometimes we cannot see pass through the fact that officers are people too and they just do their job.

Sandra

I am overly confused with everything. If I had the capabilities, I would hire a lawyer stat but I don't.

Please advice m on this one.

I read that there is a form for motion to reopen?

Is writing to them to reopen my case enough? Or Do I need a form with it too? I don't know what to do.

Please advice me on this one...

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

Flexx you must change the address, it's the law.If you have a lawyer he/she will continue receiving the mail.YOu have to mail a notarized letter,and after 10 days go to infopass to confirm if they changed .

can i do it online at egov.uscis.gov ??

Flexx

NO, vawa petitioners are not allowed to change it online (privacy issues), you must send a notarized letter. Check their website

http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

my VAwa is approved i have to change my adress for I-485 which is pending

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wildflower21 a motion to reopen takes 4/6months , and can be granted or not.YOu have the options to file a motion, to refile Vawa again or ask the supervisor reconsideration, remind you that the 2 options(motion or supervisor reconsideration ) can be granted or denied .You have to decide what you want to do.Do not try to submit a motion without a lawyer.FInd a pro bono lawyer to do that .

Thanks sandra.

Say they dont reopen my case.

What will happen next now that I have a pending aos application, will be in the removal proceeding?

Can I resubmit everything right away?

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.