2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I WENT TO INFOPASS AND THEY TOLD ME THAT MY VAWA CASE WAS CLOSED. SHE SAID THAT SHE SEND A REQUEST TO REOPEN OR TO RESEND THE RFE BUT ITS REALLY UP TO THEM IF THEY WILL OR NOT.

AM I GOING TO BE PUT ON REMOVAL PROCEEDING?

I REALLY WANT TO CRY OUT LOUD. I DID WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO AND NOW IM BEING PUNISHED!!

PLEASE HELP ME :(

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Lop im literally crying out loud right now.

All of this agony because the stupid people at usps return to sender a very important mail back to vermont. I dont understand why they would do that. I received letters from vermont way before and that didnt hppen.

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Mamaof why did the Usps sent it back to Vermont the RFE? Usually Uscis deny or approve the case ,.to close the case is not normal.

I suggest you submit a notarized letter to Vermont supervisor asking to reopen if it was closed ,and explaining why you did not receive the RFE,they will reconsider just if mailed them a notarized letter changing your address BEFORE they mailed the RFE, otherwise they won't reconsider the decision ,and you have to REFILE AGAIN EVERYTHING.

I am not sure if it's your case ,but here is my advise in general , filing VAWA without the help of an attorney is not a right thing to do . There are pro bono lawyers, there are sites such as visa journey and others where people filed vawa and had their cases approved,there are other sites that have lawyers answering questions ,to file Vawa alone just reading the instructions is not enough.

I receive every single day emails from people that made huge mistakes filing their forms others submitted the l360missong a lot of documents and MANY emails that Uscis asked them to prove bona fide marriage and or abuse

One more advise every time one of you change address leaned a Notarized letter to Uscis ,wait 10days and go to infopass.I that 90%of the times they didn't update the address despite the notarized letter,second if you see through the Uscis site that they mailed an RFE wait 15 maximum.and if you didn't receive the Rfe go to infopass and email the Uscis onbudsmen.USCIS is terrible changing address,if you will file Vawa and know you are moving out soon then I suggest that you use some of your friend's address to receive email

If you need help to write to the Uscis supervisor let me know.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

wildwoodflower, I know a bit how you feel, my stuff is all over the place, hey we both know that for this process alone will take all from you, just hang in, you might have a choice now - to keep fighting or not. BUT give it some time, do not jump to conclusions before they do anything. You really need to talk to a lawyer though, you did not get the RFE, there is probably something can be done, the question how easy it will be, so get ready for worst, but hope for best. Wait until they get the request in Vermont!!!

Mamaof why did the Usps sent it back to Vermont the RFE? Usually Uscis deny or approve the case ,.to close the case is not normal.

I suggest you submit a notarized letter to Vermont supervisor asking to reopen if it was closed ,and explaining why you did not receive the RFE,they will reconsider just if mailed them a notarized letter changing your address BEFORE they mailed the RFE, otherwise they won't reconsider the decision ,and you have to REFILE AGAIN EVERYTHING.

I am not sure if it's your case ,but here is my advise in general , filing VAWA without the help of an attorney is not a right thing to do . There are pro bono lawyers, there are sites such as visa journey and others where people filed vawa and had their cases approved,there are other sites that have lawyers answering questions ,to file Vawa alone just reading the instructions is not enough.

I receive every single day emails from people that made huge mistakes filing their forms others submitted the l360missong a lot of documents and MANY emails that Uscis asked them to prove bona fide marriage and or abuse

One more advise every time one of you change address leaned a Notarized letter to Uscis ,wait 10days and go to infopass.I that 90%of the times they didn't update the address despite the notarized letter,second if you see through the Uscis site that they mailed an RFE wait 15 maximum.and if you didn't receive the Rfe go to infopass and email the Uscis onbudsmen.USCIS is terrible changing address,if you will file Vawa and know you are moving out soon then I suggest that you use some of your friend's address to receive email

If you need help to write to the Uscis supervisor let me know.

Thank you for responding Sandra.

I do not know why in the world usps returned to sender my mail when I received mails from uscis way before this all happened.

When I talked to them at infopass, the lady entered a whole bunch of things on the computer and told me that she requested them to reopen or to resend my RFE but also told me THAT IT IS UP TO THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH IT and I should wait til oct 2 to get a response.

I do not know what to do. I recently just sent an AOS package which was a stupid thing to do because now I fear I will be in removal proceedings.

I really don't know what to do. I feel like jumping off a bridge... :cry:

I want to hire a lwayer for help but I cannot even afford to send mail to USCIS all the time. I have to save money even just mailing them. My life is so pathetic.

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

Filed: Timeline

About USCIS and mistakes, if you are frustrated, know you are not alone!

I just wanted to say, ofcourse Sandra you are right about being very carefull and all, so far I did two mistakes - my change of address letter to Vermont was not notarized and i put wrong category on 765 (i know you say it states clear, but for me it was clear that the c 31 category was the right one), and I AM PAYING THE HIGH PRICE FOR MY MISTAKES. But in the same time, no way they can expect in USCIS that we all can afford a lawyer and we will turn the internet upside down to find something we do not even know about. I know I must be grateful to USCIS, and I am, but in the same time it is so very frustrating that you have to pay such a high price for stupid mistakes...What is the purpose of such a harsh treatment of immigrants. You see protests on the streets and politicians talking about how illegal immigrants deserve their chance (and I agree with that) but in the same time the system works in weird ways for legals, and nobody says anything...it is just frustraing......

About USCIS and mistakes, if you are frustrated, know you are not alone!

I just wanted to say, ofcourse Sandra you are right about being very carefull and all, so far I did two mistakes - my change of address letter to Vermont was not notarized and i put wrong category on 765 (i know you say it states clear, but for me it was clear that the c 31 category was the right one), and I AM PAYING THE HIGH PRICE FOR MY MISTAKES. But in the same time, no way they can expect in USCIS that we all can afford a lawyer and we will turn the internet upside down to find something we do not even know about. I know I must be grateful to USCIS, and I am, but in the same time it is so very frustrating that you have to pay such a high price for stupid mistakes...What is the purpose of such a harsh treatment of immigrants. You see protests on the streets and politicians talking about how illegal immigrants deserve their chance (and I agree with that) but in the same time the system works in weird ways for legals, and nobody says anything...it is just frustraing......

Lop thank you for responding to me.

I feel completely all alone and it really helps to have people even just online to talk to.I completely agree about this one. We are immigrant applicants. We are not criminals. We want to do things legally by abiding to their rules. Its very unforgiving. Right now, I am out of my wits end. I am fearing I wont have a roof above my head and on top of all of this, my vawa case is closed. I might be in deportation and cannot work for myself. I cannot go back to my country because my father disowned me, my ex spread a whole bunch of personal images of me, degrading me, in front of every single person I know back home. How am I suppose to face everyone? I feel like dying...

My VAWA Timeline

As I said before the right thing to do is to mail the Vawa.unit supervisor.and ask reconsideraactio in their decision and ask Uscis to issue the RFE again.Let me know if you need help.

Sandra, I sent you a pm.

Everyone here thank you. Just thank you. Merely being "there" helps me a lot.

My VAWA Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Casper I waiting 138 days after I sent rfe...willflower. nothing beats prayer and a positive attitude. Maybe if u file a whole new case. Then you will file a stronger case and maybe thats what God wants you to do. Just take Sandra advise. And in the end everything will work out. Believe me.if u have faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain move from here to there and it would move. Stop the crying, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!!. Never give up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.