2,976 posts in this topic

Hi sandra.one of my friend had her I485 interview and she said that the officer told her that she is approved and should receive her greencard in the mail with a few weeks she said the next day she got an email saying that they reopened the case and are reviewing their earlier decision do u know what this could mean.

Filed: Timeline

Sandraj I am getting crazy , today my case update 3 time , first one it say they send my green card and then second one tracking number and then last one it say On September 4, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. What is that I am worry now

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

MeEf any alien working with EAD over 180 days in the US is a non resident ,therefore is a US person , not a US Citizen.I though you understood that when I said you are a non resident.lol

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Xayot they mailed your GC.You will receive your GC in 3/5days.Use the track number to find out each step where is your GC .CONGRATULATIONS.Because you are a resident permanent they registered you as a permanent resident.The other message ignore ok.

Timeline

mangocal your friend's case is different from Xayot's case. Xayot has a track number already,it means they mailed the GC. USCIS said they approved the AOS,,but something came up after the interview that the officer did not know or did not pay attention when he adjudicated,it can be many things, it might be a missing documents such as I-864W,or the medical exam expired,or she needs to do fingerprints, if she was arrested maybe is missing the court disposition etc...many things.

Its been more than 2 months since my interview and last week my I485 was transferred to a uscis office(dont know which one)for processing.Today l decided to call the 800 number again l just wanted to know where my file was transferred to but l didnt get to speak with a officer but l just listened to the automated message.even thou the message was the same,it was slightly different from the one on my case status.. This one said that myI485 was transffered to a uscis office and is undergoing standard processing and that l should not inquire until after 180 days!!! What!!Why?? What office is this?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi Dear all:

I'm new here.

My vawa got approved on June 2014.

I got AOS interview on sep 4.

I prepare all documents, pictures, all passports plus i94 etc..

But the IO only ask me the base questions such as my name , birthday, address.

Then all i485 questions, total less than 10 mins.

And ask me do I still lived with my wife.

She never ask me to show her any documents ,

I saw her check my passport pix and say my fingerprint not upload to system yet.

I'm having panic now. Am I get reject or approved?

Tks for the help.

Edited by vista333

Sandra, I am in panic! Uscis scheduled interview in seven days in the a different state where my original 485 and 130 were a while ago, but I live on a different coast now (I did submit change of address twice since I came here, but for some reason they still scheduled it in that State - which is far away). Should I still go to that interview? My lawyer wrote them official letter saying that they should transfer file to the office that has jurisdiction over my case. What will happen if I do not show up for that interview? My lawyer said - no point to fly, but I do not know if I do not show up for interview - will they deny it? Even if its not my mistake.....Please, I know you are busy, but I just cannot do it anymore...I do not know what to do...

Timeline

Lop I would attend the interview.If you not show up they will deny your AOS, and then your lawyer will have to file an appeal or motion...oh girl it will take LONG time until they fix it the mess.

I posted here several times that 10 days after changing the address GO TO INFOPASS to make sure they changed the address,and 90% of the time they did not update at all,despite the alien informed the change of address.

Edited by sandranj

Sandra thank you so much for response. I told my lawyer the same and asked if she could go there without me, so we decided (in addition to written things they did) that it will be our answer for now becuase it might happen so that my file will not even be there by friday, they sound confident that everything will be ok. I have no idea why this all keeps happening to me, but at this point I will just gamble, I do not have any will to fight anymore, come what may....The funniest thing - I did go to infopass and they did tell me that my address was changed, and I have been receiving USCIS mail since I came to this state to my first address, so there is no way they did not know I have moved, they might have sent everything to my lawer (i did not receive anything) because my paper says I am class B1 (like i am abroad or something) or maybe y lawyer somehow did something with papers that there is no my address, or whatever happened - I m ofcourse super worried, i have not heard people telling about mistakes like this....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.