2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone

It has been a while since I posted here . It really feels great to read all these approvals . i pray for those still waiting on their cases to be adjudicated and also for those whose cases have been denied the courage to be strong and refile again. As for I am concern I am still waiting on my case . 60 days have already passed since I submitted a response on my 4th Request For Evidence. It is a long and very painful journey but I am trying to stay positive . Hopefully good news will come this upcoming week .

God bless you all

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone

It has been a while since I posted here . It really feels great to read all these approvals . i pray for those still waiting on their cases to be adjudicated and also for those whose cases have been denied the courage to be strong and refile again. As for I am concern I am still waiting on my case . 60 days have already passed since I submitted a response on my 4th Request For Evidence. It is a long and very painful journey but I am trying to stay positive . Hopefully good news will come this upcoming week .

God bless you all

Saratoga, What was your timeline and what did you submit?

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One post violating the TOS (publicly posting private content) removed along with post referencing the removed content; Administrative Action taken.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Cindy29 We all undesratand what you are going through.

Everyone of us here has gone or is going through the ordeal with our immigration status.

I, myself, also feels like there is no hope and its so hard to go on and the feeling of having my life on "pause" because of all of this, but hang in there.

We are all here to support each other.

I salute everyone here for helping each other and God bless us all!

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Cindy, I totally get where you're coming from, I've been there myself. Still, if cash is a problem, try to file everything that you have right now without the "stupid" evaluation and with the prima facie determination, you're able to apply for cash assistance and medicaid in New York. You can always add more documents to your case later on. Do not forget the police clearance.

I don't know about you, but cash assitance in my state was not worth it, wasnt even enough for paying bills, so the earlier you (Cindy29), applies and starts working the better. Assistance is a joke, i'll rather work..

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Timeline

Its been almost 1 month after AOS interview.

My IO was super nice and the interview went well.

IO also said I will be approved.

I was given RFO for medical exam. I sent it next day as instructed..

Now I am waiting for the green card I guess, but havent received it.

I check the status on USCIS and doesn have any update. It says Intital review.

I send the medical with certified usps mail and it was deleivered.

What can I do to make sure that IO got my RFO and how long should I wait.

I thought its going to be faster folowing some people experience on this forum , but nothing so far.

Any advice Sandra , and the rest of you ?

Should I do infopass ?

Thank you

I thought its going to be faster folowing some people experience on this forum , but nothing so far.

Should I do infopass ?

Thank you

I too had interview about a month ago the IO said once my son's fingerprints comes back okay an all checks oit we will be approved she has since called an asked for him to come back to the local office to have it done which he did since Aug 06 an I'm still waiting too I did do an infopass an said they are still undergoing security clearance

If you want to try an get some feedback set up an infopass an inquire about your case.

Should I do infopass ?

Thank you

I too had interview about a month ago the IO said once my son's fingerprints comes back okay an all checks oit we will be approved she has since called an asked for him to come back to the local office to have it done which he did since Aug 06 an I'm still waiting too I did do an infopass an said they are still undergoing security clearance

If you want to try an get some feedback set up an infopass an inquire about your case.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

vawa 11 I saw some cases they approved on the spot, but it took a while (45/60) to get the GC, because they asked in some cases to do the fingerprints again, and other cases to submit a new medical exam.I have one case she had interview in April they said her case was approved, but asked the medical exam ,she mailed them a few days after and no decision until now.

Edited by sandranj

Hi Everyone!

I am going to file my AOS while I wait for my VAWA.

Since I cannot afford to live here without working.

My question is on the fee waiver form I-912

I AM SO CONFUSSED

I MAKE ABSOLUTELY ZERO MONEY. I AM STAYING WITH A RELATIVE THAT RIGHT NOW IS ABOUT JUST HAD ENOUGH OF FEEDING ME AND BOARDING ME FOR FREE.

WHAT DO I PUT ON ALL THE BLANK QUESTIONS THAT REQUIRE TO WRITE ASSET OR INCOME WHEN I HONESTLY DONT HAVE ANY SINCE I AM NOT WORKING YET (ALSO FILING WORK AUTHORIZATION WITH THIS ONE)

HELP....

MY FEE WAIVER LOOKS REALLY BLANK SINCE I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO PUT INTO THERE.:(

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.