2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Congrats bestgriever!!!

Meanwhile after getting a call from a uscis officer the other day,l just noticed a slight change on my case status but am hoping its something positive..now it says that my AOS is transferred and is being processed at my local office..its really confusing bcos l did my interview already they just didnt give me a decision yet..l thought when they transfer your case to the local office,they will be scheduling you for an intervie?am so confused

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wildflower 21 yes you should email the forms to Vermont.l693 is the medical exam ,it cost around $200/500,if you can't afford now then mail everything without the medical.exam, but start saving because they will ask you later on to mail them ok.

Filed: Other Timeline

Sandra you really are the best!

I will follow your advise!

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Timeline

Missymd don't panick. Probably they shipped your case to other place and just returned again to the local office . I am not saying is your case ,but I saw cases that the local office sent it back to Vermont to revoke,and then Vermont reaffirmed the approval and shipped to the local office against,it's a possibility in your case. IF this is the case then it's good news .

Timeline

Wildflower do you have a strong Vawa case? If not, I advise you not to file l485, Or if you never submitted before ,because in case of Vawa denial they will remove you from the US if you have a pending l485,but if your case is denied, and you do not have a pending AOS ,or never had a l485 denied before,they are not going to remove you from the US. If you have enough prove of abuse amd bonafide marriage then you are good to go

Edited by sandranj

Hi Sandra.

Thank you for pointing that out.

I really dont know the answer to that.

But I have no choice.

I am starving here and ive gotta work.

Thats the only reason why I want to apply for aos. I dont know how long or if they will ever approve or deny me.. :(

I applied without a lawyer for my Vawa so I dont know...:(

Im just desperate. I cant afford to live here without working...

My VAWA Timeline

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

Missymd

I agree with Sandra - don't panic (funny to say taht considering that I am panicking myself lol)

that's what happened to me: my vawa was approved, my 485 was in another office so I was told that office requested my approved 360 and after that presumably office where i live now will request everything, then 4 months later there was a website update that my 485 was transferred to my local office, then right away i received a notice that my docs were trasnferred to Vermont (and i really do not know what happened to them inbetween that transfer), then i sent change of address, the website update was that my case was trasnferred to local office, and then right away i received a noa that they trasferred it to NBC...

I do not know if it is just my luck, or something is wrong with my documents and they want to deny my case, but as far as i know that do not have THAT much power, they cannot deny you just like that without any reason...IDK

wildwoodflower21

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through...I am out of job for about half a year now...but my problem is strictly USCIS beaurecracy...I cannot give you any advice because i do not know that much...but i sure hope it gets better!

Wildflower do you have a strong Vawa case? If not, I advise you not to file l485, Or if you never submitted before ,because in case of Vawa denial they will remove you from the US if you have a pending l485,but if your case is denied, and you do not have a pending AOS ,or never had a l485 denied before,they are not going to remove you from the US. If you have enough prove of abuse amd bonafide marriage then you are good to go

Sandra,

How would you distinguish a weak case from a strong case?

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Guys Im sorry if I keep bugging everyone.

But im confused on the form AR11

-It says on the form to mail to a VA address but Im chaning my address for my VAWA.

So, Do I send it to VA? or to the Vermont address? :cry::help:

-Im also sending them a notarized letter to resend my RFE letter to a new address since my old c/o address one doesnt work for me anymore.

-And do I put the notarized letter to resend my RFE and form AR 11 in the same envelope? Or separate...Im confused.

SOrry for my stuid questions...im just really not sure...

Thank you!!!

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

Guys Im sorry if I keep bugging everyone.

But im confused on the form AR11

-It says on the form to mail to a VA address but Im chaning my address for my VAWA.

So, Do I send it to VA? or to the Vermont address? :cry::help:

-Im also sending them a notarized letter to resend my RFE letter to a new address since my old c/o address one doesnt work for me anymore.

-And do I put the notarized letter to resend my RFE and form AR 11 in the same envelope? Or separate...Im confused.

SOrry for my stuid questions...im just really not sure...

Thank you!!!

Vermont. Same envelope and explain in detail the situation. Do this ASAP since you only have 60 days left to respond to the RFE.

Edited by melanieuk

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Sandra thanks alot,...but am just curious,when the local office transfers your file to another office and then they update your case status,do they specify what office they sent it too,like VSC or NBC?my transfer didnt actually say the local office it says that my case was transferred to a USCIS office not sure which one..wish they could just specify..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.