2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations to all who have been approved!! I't always good to see so many getting the results they deserve!

A quick question from my end regarding personal statements! Roughly how long is/was everyones? I'm typing my first initial statement out before going back through it and adding - but I'm already at 10 pages, and still plenty to write! Is there a length that is deemed - too long? I don't want to bore whomever is reading it!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations to all who have been approved!! I't always good to see so many getting the results they deserve!

A quick question from my end regarding personal statements! Roughly how long is/was everyones? I'm typing my first initial statement out before going back through it and adding - but I'm already at 10 pages, and still plenty to write! Is there a length that is deemed - too long? I don't want to bore whomever is reading it!!

My personal statement was over 20 pages and I got approved after only 3 months, no RFE's. I was very detailed explaining everything that happened.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Omg so many approvals! Congrats to everyone!!!!! So happy for you all!

P.S. I filed VAWA 18 months ago and still nothing. It looks like there is no end for my story.

Hang in there a little longer Ana-stas, you will get an approval....."Good things come to those who wait".

Filed: Timeline

Sandra has mentioned before that it should not exceed 10 pages.

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! This morning I woke up to see that I got email & text message from USCIS that my EAD has been approved! Hopefully I can have it in, and in my hands by sometime next week :)

This is what it says online...

"Post Decision Activity
On July 21, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Good morning ALL!!!!!congratualtions to all those who got their approvals and to those still waiting hang in there keep faith God will anwser you prayers!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi EVERYBODY!!!

Gosh it makes me so much happy to read about the new approvals!!!! Hurraay!! :)

Meanwhile for everybody like me who's still waiting for a long time, lets all hang in there and take strength from everybody here.

Have a great day ahead everyone!! God bless us all!

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone! This morning I woke up to see that I got email & text message from USCIS that my EAD has been approved! Hopefully I can have it in, and in my hands by sometime next week :)

This is what it says online...

"Post Decision Activity
On July 21, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Congrats!! carguy87, wasn't it last week or so you went for your biometrics? I guess things are moving really fast now.. I can only pray same for mine. Congrats!!! on the EAD

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

Hi All,

I have visited this site a lot, but am not much of a "poster". My girlfriend is undergoing her immigration process via VAWA and many times I have come here to check out timelines, per se. I figured I would share with you that on November 12, 2013 my Girlfriend's case got transferred to the NBC and today (right now actually) she is having her interview with our local office. Fingers crossed. I pray we are in the the home stretch and that no more curveballs are thrown at us.

I would also like to mention that when we entered her case number into the "My Case Status" website, it still shows that it is at the NBC, but she received a letter via mail for an interview. I don't know why this is, but we are grateful all the same.

Also, thank you Sandranj, as many of your posts have been very informative and have brought me confort through this process.

hey yanksrgrt226, how did the interview go? Any news from your girlfriend?

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats!! carguy87, wasn't it last week or so you went for your biometrics? I guess things are moving really fast now.. I can only pray same for mine. Congrats!!! on the EAD

Thank you! I went in for my biometrics on July 9. Hopefully everything else moves along just as quick! And wish the same for you :)

Timeline

mamaof3!,

The interview went great. She was told that she got approved and she should be receiving her card in 4 - 6 weeks.

That's just great news...Congrats to you and her!!!

Thank you! I went in for my biometrics on July 9. Hopefully everything else moves along just as quick! And wish the same for you :)

Thanks carguy87!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.