2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's a special day for me today.I am very happy for 5 people of this thread that I helped with their Vawa and /or AOS,and they had the GC APPROVED today. Some I reviewed their own affidavits,others I reviewed all forms, etc..and one Vawa approval as well(I answered the RFE)

I am very sad for Elada case, but I truly believe that the same God that brought her until here,He is faithful enough to finish her case. A person is not finished when he/she is defeated, but when he/she quits.Hang in there Elada!.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hypnos not really, just in this thread we have over 5 people that filed AOS,and they don't have a visa number available yet (married to an LPR), 4 had interview last month and they were approved, and one will have interview next week, but all immigration officers put a hold in ALL 4 AOS cases until they have a visa number available, but all of them were informed at the interview that their AOS were approved,including one person today.It's a normal practice,even when a visa number is not available.of course you can find a ####### officer ahead.

Edited by sandranj

Elada, your I-485 was likely denied because you filed it before your priority date became current. The law is very clear that you cannot do this.

Hypnos I am also filing with a spouse who is a green card holder and I have my interview in a couple weeks an my PD isn't current yet.

It's just so strange Elada they would deny you without interview this is the first I have ever heard of that. I hope there is something your lawyer can do!!!

It's a special day for me today.I am very happy for 5 people of this thread that I helped with their Vawa and /or AOS,and they had the GC APPROVED today. Some I reviewed their own affidavits,others I reviewed all forms, etc..and one Vawa approval as well(I answered the RFE)

I am very sad for Elada case, but I truly believe that the same God that brought her until here,He is faithful enough to finish her case. A person is not finished when he/she is defeated, but when he/she quits.Hang in there Elada!.

Hang in there Elada your in my prayer!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Missymd, I can't explain more detailed, because I didn't receive the actual denial yet. I just found the lawyer, but again can't even have a consult yet without the reason of denial. Sandra and I both think it's more likely because of priority date.

Congrats contrang10!! How long did they tell you to wait for your gc?

Congrats contrang10 your new life begins filled with many a opportunities! !!!

Congrats contrang10!! How long did they tell you to wait for your gc?

Missymd did you get your interview date as yet? Is your spouse a USC OR LPR?

Either way, the formal I-485 denial notice will state the reasons for the denial. Since there was no RFE, I'd be surprised if it were anything other than the priority date.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hypnos, I'm not even sure there was no RFE. I didn't receive one, but that doesn't mean they didn't issue one. There are tons of other reasons which I don't even want to think about, as they will bring me to removal. So, hope there are options for me.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats contrang10 your new life begins filled with many a opportunities! !!!

Missymd did you get your interview date as yet? Is your spouse a USC OR LPR?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you faithkeeper, still waiting for my green card arrive ! Will be more happy when I get it lol

Mynister@ my ex husband is a us citizen , they told me wait for 2 to 3 weeks to receive the card

Filed: Timeline

Faithkeeper my ex was USC,but l had my interview two weeks ago on july 2 but l,m still waiting for a decision.my IO was mean that my lawyer requested to speak with a supervisor bcos the IO wanted to ask about the abuse and my lawyer said no to her..she didnt give me a decision instead she gave me an interview result form that said my case is uder further review..l have a feeling that she,s trying to come up with a reason to deny me.the supervisor told her to not to ask about vawa but to focus on the I485 form only..there were no issues with the form so l dont know whats taking long.....

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Either way, the formal I-485 denial notice will state the reasons for the denial. Since there was no RFE, I'd be surprised if it were anything other than the priority date.

Hi Hypnos,

Would you mind elaborating on this more? I'm completely confused on what you mean with regards to the priority date? And you know me, always trying to be as thorough as possible!!

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. Just wannted to update i got approval for gc today! Went for interview first thing in the morning, waited in tth waiting room with other people who had lwayers with them i could her some grilling the peron they were going with, like what to say if they got ask this question and so on... it was crazy. All i could think of was everything sandra advised me and all that ive read in this forum. I was praying. Got a very nice io. She was smiling as soon as i walked in, just usual yes or no question. Then asked for my birth certificate, then back to the yes or no in the form. Then she said i didnt have the exemption of affidavit of support form so she gave me one and had me fill it out on the spot sign then she put it on my file. Then she asked for my passports. The old and new one. Then she started writing on my passport after that she showed me she wrote pending change of status the date, her name and signed.then gave me the paper while saying "everything is in order for me to approve this, just wait for your card. It says 60 days but we usually take less" thats it. I was so nervous happy and surprised i almost hugged her.

I cannot thank you enough sandra for everything you have done and helped me with. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.