2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys, i recieved my receipts(NOA) today, can that be used for anything? or do i just wait? thanks guys

noa for vawa,485 and 765 by the way..

Edited by mamaof3!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody! I been reading your post and comments, thank you for being so helpful. I have a question tho, my vawa got approved, and I-485 is pending, biometrics and all are done. I have interview on July 28th and I just realized that I don't have my I-94 anymore. I had to renew my passport about year ago and had to send my expired one in, when they sent me my new passport there was no I-94 or my previous visa. I have color copy of my I-94. What should I do? Just explain my situation at the interview or what?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everybody! I been reading your post and comments, thank you for being so helpful. I have a question tho, my vawa got approved, and I-485 is pending, biometrics and all are done. I have interview on July 28th and I just realized that I don't have my I-94 anymore. I had to renew my passport about year ago and had to send my expired one in, when they sent me my new passport there was no I-94 or my previous visa. I have color copy of my I-94. What should I do? Just explain my situation at the interview or what?

Thank you

I'm in the same position. I left the US using my AP last year (from my previous I-485 filing before VAWA) and when I re-entered they took it. I said I think I need that for my AOS interview and they said I didn't need it because the entry stamp was in my passport and they wouldn't return it.

I have heard mixed things that some officers ask for the I-94 original during the interview and some don't. I also have kept a copy which I submitted with my AOS application.

Hopefully someone will have some advice for us.

VAWA

February 10, 2014 - NOA1 for I-360, I485 and I-765

March 14, 2014 - Biometrics

April 4, 2014 - Approval of I-360!

May 14, 2014 - Approval of EAD

June 23, 2014 - I-485 transferred to NBC

August 7, 2014 - Put in service request

September 23, 2014 - Interview - approved!

October 4, 2014 - Green card received

Total time:7 months 25 days

I'm in the same position. I left the US using my AP last year (from my previous I-485 filing before VAWA) and when I re-entered they took it. I said I think I need that for my AOS interview and they said I didn't need it because the entry stamp was in my passport and they wouldn't return it.

I have heard mixed things that some officers ask for the I-94 original during the interview and some don't. I also have kept a copy which I submitted with my AOS application.

Hannah, did you get a prima facie notice prior to your approval?

Hannah, did you get a prima facie notice prior to your approval?

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Happy Saturday to all

This part of my journey is over, Card in hand today. Good luck to all who are still waiting, hang in there it will be over soon. Congratulations to all recent approvals and card recipients.

Sandra,

you are the best! You helped me stay in one piece, thanks for helping when i was in need.

My interview was june 16th, IO said he will approve my case at the end of the day and he gave me a notice that my case was being held for review. July 3rd started getting updates and card was mailed on the 10th of july. 26days after interview i got card

Hopeforever how long did you wait to get your card after the interview? And did the io approve you at the interview?

thanks Hopeforever for the quick response. l had my interview on july 2nd and the IO didn't say wether she approved it or not but she gave me the same letter that said my case is being held for review. l hope she approve me because l feel like my interview was terrible.

I think you are fine, i had a good experience, i went alone and i recieved the same letter. its just the waiting that gets to you. find something to distract yourself, that's what I did.

thanks Hopeforever for the quick response. l had my interview on july 2nd and the IO didn't say wether she approved it or not but she gave me the same letter that said my case is being held for review. l hope she approve me because l feel like my interview was terrible.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all,

I hope everyone has been having a great weekend! Just a quick question, as Im just running some double and triple checks. Can someone please confirm exactly what forms I need to submit with my VAWA submission. I have my I-360, which I have almost finished filling out - but what others do I need to include?

I have a pending I-485 currently, so I am going to use this as opposes to filing for a new one. I want to apply for my EAD too, so what do I need to include for this?

So yes, I'm just hoping for a full list of forms I need to download from the USCIS website, so I can download them to my computer whilst I'm at the library and fill them in tonight if I need to!

Thank you!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Taries submit.form.l360 and l765, You have to submit copy of previous EAD, 2 passport pictures ,copy of your passport and l94.If you are renewing your EAD there is no fees.You can submit form l864W as well since you have a pending l485.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my interview is 15 days away!! im so nervous. :(

and yes Sandra.. i have already the Final court Disposition.. the only thing left i need is the related police report.

I hope it all goes well.. I think ill be the first one here in VJ ( that i know of) that has a dui.. so i dont know what can happen.

all i can do is pray and smile and be extra nice to the IO.

>_<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.