2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

All information I give in this thread,or any Visa Journey thread is for information purposes only ,and it should not be used as a legal advice.I do not allow anyone to mention my name in the affidavits,since I am not representing anyone here .

I helped hundreds of visa journey members reviewing their affidavits ,helping them to answer RFEs,but nobody is authorized to mention my name without my written consent .

This is common sense, Sandra shouldn't even have to say this, no one wants to feel like they are being used. If someone doesn't give you authority to use their information, why on earth would you do that?

I'm seriously hoping no one on this site named her on their application without her consent. That will be rude and just plain illegal.

Her help should not be taken for granted.

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

So l just came from my aos interview ,Oh boy!! I,m still shaking..I,m really nervous bcos the officer did not give me a decisiob right there..she said she,s holding my case for further revie(whatever that means) She was obe of those meanofficers and she tried to ask me about the abuse and my lawyer jumped in and requested to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor told the officer that she,s not supposed to ask about the abused...she was not impressed with the wgole supervisor thing so l figured we started off on a wrong foot..she kept insisting that she has a right to ask about the abuse,it was kinda like an argument going on...then we went thru the yes/no questions then she gave me a letter that says waiting for further review..she kept another copy and wrote my name in red.the one she gave me was in black..someone please shed some light..she said it could take 120 days..

Missy md, from what I've read on this site, the IO isn't allowed to ask about abuse, so hopefully, this should not be a problem for you, even if the IO wasn't happy. Maybe you wrote you name in red and black ink to scare you, please do not read into this, just pray about it. You did your part, and you should be approved by God's grace.

KLOVE got me thru...

Timeline

So l just came from my aos interview ,Oh boy!! I,m still shaking..I,m really nervous bcos the officer did not give me a decisiob right there..she said she,s holding my case for further revie(whatever that means) She was obe of those meanofficers and she tried to ask me about the abuse and my lawyer jumped in and requested to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor told the officer that she,s not supposed to ask about the abused...she was not impressed with the wgole supervisor thing so l figured we started off on a wrong foot..she kept insisting that she has a right to ask about the abuse,it was kinda like an argument going on...then we went thru the yes/no questions then she gave me a letter that says waiting for further review..she kept another copy and wrote my name in red.the one she gave me was in black..someone please shed some light..she said it could take 120 days..

Can you pls share your timeline with us?

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Timeline

Mamaof3 thanks alot..anyway here is my time line.

9/2011 filed my vawa

10/2011 received ref GMC a week later prima facie

I also received a total of 4 prima facie

4/2013 request for more evidence

5/2013 rfe received

7/2013 Vawa approved

8/2013 Applied Aos

9/2013 biometrics done

11/2013 received ead

5/2014 case transfered to local office

6/2014 receieved interview notice

7/2/14 interview

Dont have the exact dates now..

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

mamaof3 unfortunately someone mentioned my name in the affidavit, without my authorization. No repercussion against me, but IT'S NOT OK TO USE MY NAME WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I am not here advising you what to do, but mentioning what the Law States and giving information,that is it!!!!

Timeline

missymd you will be fine.They always say 120 days, but usually takes 30/60 days.They will approve your AOS, don't worry about it. ALL new officers cannot approve the AOS on the spot, the supervisor needs to review the case ok, and it seems you got a new officer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

mamaof3 unfortunately someone mentioned my name in the affidavit, without my authorization. No repercussion against me, but IT'S NOT OK TO USE MY NAME WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I am not here advising you what to do, but mentioning what the Law States and giving information,that is it!!!!

That was me, I apologize for that Sandra. I just thought that I have to say one and the only one thing - THE TRUTH. I am really sorry for that. Will take all responsibility for every single word that I said/mentioned in my affidavit.

Timeline

I believe most people come to this thread, and they did not read the Vawa thread 1,2,3,4, then here is something the new VAWA filers needs to Know.

USCIS does not consider cheating abuse;

USCIS does not consider abuse because husband/wife is bisexual(and you just discovered after the marriage);

USCIS will not approve cases because the mother in law was evil, the sister in law was mean;

USCIS will not take in consideration differences between the couple such as husband/wife raising the voice because he/she was drunk and told you to off, or because your husband/wife did not defend you from the verbal attack of your in laws etc.

Mental abuse is something inflicted upon that changed the person you were before the marriage.You cannot function properly.You stopped eating or eats too much, you can't sleep properly.You self confidence vanished, you no longer trust anyone. You have to prove submitting a psychological evaluation stating that because the abuse suffered you are battling depression, and/or post traumatic disorder, or anxiety.I receive so many affidavits to review,and many times I can't see any abuse, but just an unhealthy relationship,where the woman/man got married to a loser, not to an abuser.Many affidavits just complaining about the in Laws.For God sake the abuse must be perpetrated by your HUSBAND, his/her inaction to defend you from your evil mother in law is not abuse ok!. Being unkind or grumpy is not abuse. Some women/men got married to an alcoholic, and the spouse is often mean. There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARITAL CONFLICTS and abuse.

Timeline

Mamaof3 thanks alot..anyway here is my time line.

9/2011 filed my vawa

10/2011 received ref GMC a week later prima facie

I also received a total of 4 prima facie

4/2013 request for more evidence

5/2013 rfe received

7/2013 Vawa approved

8/2013 Applied Aos

9/2013 biometrics done

11/2013 received ead

5/2014 case transfered to local office

6/2014 receieved interview notice

7/2/14 interview

Dont have the exact dates now..

You are almost there, just be a little more patient...goodluck!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Timeline

From my experience today,l would advice anybody going to the vawa interview to go with a lawyer..its worth it at the end of the day bcos thinking about it,that officer would have really harassed me.even if its a pro bono lawyer its better than nothing.you just never know who you will get there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.