2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg thank you jesus i got approval for my i765. card in production thank u sooooooo much sandra u were right there to help me because i receive rfe because i made a mistake and had no clue what to do sandra was right there to help god bless u thank you so much sandra

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have sent my VAWA to the VSC center on the 1st of Dec. They have received it on the 4th. Has anyone of you submitted anything recently? Or an idea when I should be hearing back? I am aware that the decision making may take a while. I am talking about the receipt notice and if granted the prima facie...

As I am sure you all know how it feels like, the wait is eating me up...

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Tink in 7/10 days you should get the receipt and prima facie ,but keep in mind that sometimes they don't issue prima facie

After receiving the receipt have a seat and relax ,cause they will take 4/5months to adjudicate the case .

Timeline

I am just wondering if maybe they have a lot of cases at the moment, because I have not even received a receipt number yet... It has been nearly 3 weeks now. Do you know in which cases they do not issue prima facie? I am married to a USC and I have submitted as much as possible. Police record and Court records. My husband and I had submitted the AOS package end of November. though there was an RFE for the I-864 as the Sponsor nor the Co Sponsor did not make 125%. I do not have anyone else now to fill in any affidativ. Due to his arrest and charges. So I sent in a waiver request with it.

Timeline

tink88 usuallt people receive the receipt number in 7/10 days, I don't know any case that took longer than that. Well to be honest many people fulfilled all requirements to get prima facie,despite that many did not get prima facie, then no idea why some get some don't.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hypnos, I've seen your answers and comments on this thread that are very clear and informative. Just out of curiosity, are you an attorney? If you're not comfortable with my question, please discard it, thanks

Watsup Leila.This is particularly for you because to my knowledge you appealed your first denial. I recently filed a motion to reopen and reconsider which arrived according to mail on December 18th but my status has not changed. So how long did it take for your case to be reopened.And after how long was a decision made.

Timeline

The AOS receipt number took about 2 weeks as well... Maybe they just have a lot of cases at the moment...

Thank you for your quick replies!

I guess the fear of not being believed or ridiculed is what makes the waiting stressfull... Maybe that is because a lot of abusive husbands tell us that what is happening is not bad and that no one will believe us anyways...

Well and it is rough not to be able to make money and not having a home...

But then again, being away from the abusive is worth it!

And I hope that everyone who goes through this will not give up hope on justice! And that everyone who has not had the courage or chance yet to leave, will find peace soon!

Luoboy, my first vawa denied back in January 28,2014. We appealed and USCIS sent me a receipt notice in February 28, 2014. They re-opened my case in April 22, 2014. I don't remember when exactly but we made a request to expedite their decision on I290b somewhere in May. My appeal denied in June 2014. I don't know when exactly it was denied because USCIS never sent me a denial notice on my appeal i290b.

hope it was helpful, if there's any other questions i will try to answer :)

Edited by leilabird

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Luoboy, my first vawa denied back in January 28,2014. We appealed and USCIS sent me a receipt notice in February 28, 2014. They re-opened my case in April 22, 2014. I don't remember when exactly but we made a request to expedite their decision on I290b somewhere in May. My appeal denied in June 2014. I don't know when exactly it was denied because USCIS never sent me a denial notice on my appeal i290b.

hope it was helpful, if there's any other questions i will try to answer :)

Thanks Leila, The process took around 6 months in total.

Timeline

MERRY CHRISTMAS folks.May your life be filled with joy and happiness .May your home be filled with peace. :dancing: (L)

Joyeux Noël!, 圣诞快乐.,Zalig Kerstfeest!,Mo'adim Lesimkha!,Fröhliche Weihnachten!, Vesela 'Koleda!, Khushi Natal!Selamat Natal! Feliz Navidad, Barka da Kirsimatu, Afishapa! Webale Krismasi!Feliz Natal!

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.