2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

caruguy everything went so fast cause you had the best attorney ever handling ypur Vawa ,LOL,just kidding.I remember reviewing your forms just a few.months ago . Take with you copy of her birth certificate. Make sure your passport is valid ,take your original marriage certificate ,original divorce decree if you have one.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

GabrielVawa..this is what I found out about what ADIT means..i just looked it up online. This is what was mentioned on www.alllaw.com

If you've been approved for a green card, you may receive correspondence from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that mentions ADIT processing. For example, it may read something like this:

"Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

What on earth is "ADIT processing?" Don't worry, it's just a simple step in the process, to which USCIS has given a fancy name.

Also, not everyone has to go through ADIT processing its primarily for people who havent yet received a stamp in their passport proving their U.S. permanent residence, or whose previous fingerprints had a smudge or other issue such that USCIS needs to redo them.

What Does ADIT Mean?

The acronym ADIT stands for Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System. It means that USCIS is calling you in for a brief walk-in visit in order to collect the information, photos, and fingerprints that it needs in order to create your actual green card.

By now, you probably know that USCIS doesn't hand you a green card as soon as it approves your case. If youre coming from overseas, youre likely to receive a machine readable immigrant visa" (MRIV) as proof of your status until your green card arrives. The green card itself will arrive several weeks or even months later.

If you were already living in the U.S. when you became eligible for a green card, and you are getting your green card through the process known as adjustment of status (more about adjustment of status), and you attended an in-person interview at a USCIS office, you may have received a temporary stamp in your passport called an I-551. This stamp proves that you are a lawful permanent resident.

However, many people adjusting status receive only a letter of approval from USCIS by mail. This approval letter is not ideal for proving your status, because it doesnt have your photo on it. So, at the ADIT processing appointment, USCIS will also put a temporary stamp in your passport called an I-551, proving that you are a lawful permanent resident.

Thank you so it means my interview was approved then ????

Sandra is this means I was approved ? Sorry been so stress my case was very difficult but my interview was very calm just one question my date of birth and he says good luck . When I check online it first says card production then later one this message. M I dreaming ? Is this true?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I sure did Sandra lol you are Awesome!

Ok great :)

Like always, thanks for your help!

One more thing, I know they are not supposed to ask about VAWA right? Do you have a link, or memo or something that I can print out to take in case they start asking?

And how can go about letting them know that it's not ok to ask about that, but to not sound rude and letting them know in the nicest possible way lol

Thanks,

Edited by carguy87

Filed: Timeline

I sure did Sandra lol you are Awesome!

Ok great :)

Like always, thanks for your help!

One more thing, I know they are not supposed to ask about VAWA right? Do you have a link, or memo or something that I can print out to take in case they start asking?

And how can go about letting them know that it's not ok to ask about that, but to not sound rude and letting them know in the nicest possible way lol

Thanks,

Congrats CarGuy!!! Has your status changed on the online tracking website?

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Timeline

melanieuk I didn't even think to check lol but I just did and this is the last update I have on there.

"Case Was Received At My Local Office
On October 15, 2014, we received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."
So just waiting now for my interview date, Jan 14, and hopefully everything will go good :)

Awesome carguy....that's what's up bro...can't wait for the day where the card is produced and you get it by mail naw lol....keep us posted with it, I'm following you till then with the submission of my I485 ☺☺

Edited by Casper54

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

caruguy if the officer asks about the abuse then answer one or two questions, that is it, but if he/she keeps asking many questions just say "I am sorry,but I do not feel comfortable talking about the abuse I went through, and to my knowledge Vawa Unit adjudicated already about the abuse".I couldn't file the USCIS memorandum about that,but there is one for sure.

Edited by sandranj

There is this policy memorandum which indicates that local offices cannot re-adjudicate approved VAWA I-360s, that VSC has exclusive jurisdiction over them. If a local office believes that an approved VAWA I-360 should be revoked they must return it to VSC through their supervisor; the local office cannot revoke or re-adjudicate it themselves.

http://www.asistahelp.org/documents/resources/USCIS_memo_Revocation_of_VAWABased__F8CF996CCC8E1.pdf

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I am not.

AoS

77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview

Naturalisation

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Timeline

Carguy87 Can you please tell me where your local office is? My I-485 was received in Newark local office on October 3, 2014 and I have not heard anything yet. Thank you.

Local Office is Phoenix, AZ.

Awesome carguy....that's what's up bro...can't wait for the day where the card is produced and you get it by mail naw lol....keep us posted with it, I'm following you till then with the submission of my I485 ☺☺

Thanks bro! Yeah will do. Same here, hopefully yours goes as quick too.

caruguy if the officer asks about the abuse then answer one or two questions, that is it, but if he/she keeps asking many questions just say "I am sorry,but I do not feel comfortable talking about the abuse I went through, and to my knowledge Vawa Unit adjudicated already about the abuse".I couldn't file the USCIS memorandum about that,but there is one for sure.

I see, got it! Thanks!

There is this policy memorandum which indicates that local offices cannot re-adjudicate approved VAWA I-360s, that VSC has exclusive jurisdiction over them. If a local office believes that an approved VAWA I-360 should be revoked they must return it to VSC through their supervisor; the local office cannot revoke or re-adjudicate it themselves.

http://www.asistahelp.org/documents/resources/USCIS_memo_Revocation_of_VAWABased__F8CF996CCC8E1.pdf

Thank you for that Hypnos!

Thank you, but no I just do a lot of reading.

AoS

77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview

Naturalisation

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.