2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you .

I have one question!

So I am gonna apply for work permit and green card .so do you know how time it takes for the process

CONGRATULATIONS! Great news.

When did you file your vawa? Did it take 3 years?! Any idea why it took so long? Did you inquire about your case? I want to know as it is almost 2 years since i filed mine and nothing:(

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS! Great news.

When did you file your vawa? Did it take 3 years?! Any idea why it took so long? Did you inquire about your case? I want to know as it is almost 2 years since i filed mine and nothing:(

I applied probably on October .15,2011. Had criminal charges plus I got2 rfe but all my criminal charges were dismissed.so I waited 8 months for my answer after second rfe.when did you filed it

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sahilkundra the AOS may take 4/8months. The work permit you should get in 60/90 days . YOU MUST get THE COURT CERTIFED DISPOSITION regarding the charges dismissal ok. You have to show in your AOS interview the Court disposition.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I want to update about my case, and give you my stats. The reason I did not write for so long, because at some point I just gave up and then it suddenly became so busy and my anxieties came back, it was quite an experience. So let me tell you: little more than three months my Vawa was approved, it took them close to 13 months to schedule an interview (in the meantime I was out of work for 6 months because they would not issue EAD), and then - week later after interview I have my GC in hand (that also came with problems because post office did not deliver my card when they said they did, I did not sleep the whole night and had to go to post office to find it). Very bittersweet moment, exhausting journey, anxieties, so much trauma, and finally feeling like - its over, but now there is that feeling of emptiness. But I am happy, do not get me wrong. Sandra, I want to give you a virtual hug - you gave so much advise and helped me so much, I do not know if this journey would be possible without your help! Piece to you and your home! For those who wait - God will help you.

Congratulations Lop, what city did your I-485 interview take place?? How long before the interview did you receive your interview notice?

Edited by blest.but.strest

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone still on the journey!!! 3 years now.... i have an interview in 2 weeks. vawa was approved. 2 lawyer advice me to withdraw my case, 2 others to go ahead with the GC interview . I'm so stress and confused. can anyone referred me to a good lawyer in NYC? manhattan or bronx? please. need to make decision.

you can inbox me the lawyer number pleassssssse I'm desperate

I want to update about my case, and give you my stats. The reason I did not write for so long, because at some point I just gave up and then it suddenly became so busy and my anxieties came back, it was quite an experience. So let me tell you: little more than three months my Vawa was approved, it took them close to 13 months to schedule an interview (in the meantime I was out of work for 6 months because they would not issue EAD), and then - week later after interview I have my GC in hand (that also came with problems because post office did not deliver my card when they said they did, I did not sleep the whole night and had to go to post office to find it). Very bittersweet moment, exhausting journey, anxieties, so much trauma, and finally feeling like - its over, but now there is that feeling of emptiness. But I am happy, do not get me wrong. Sandra, I want to give you a virtual hug - you gave so much advise and helped me so much, I do not know if this journey would be possible without your help! Piece to you and your home! For those who wait - God will help you.

Lop congratulations you gave me hope this day for I too I'm so tired on this journey now I pray God have mercy on us all an we get speedy results!!!

Edited by Faithkeeper

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone still on the journey!!! 3 years now.... i have an interview in 2 weeks. vawa was approved. 2 lawyer advice me to withdraw my case, 2 others to go ahead with the GC interview . I'm so stress and confused. can anyone referred me to a good lawyer in NYC? manhattan or bronx? please. need to make decision.

you can inbox me the lawyer number pleassssssse I'm desperate

gabrielvavwa, you vawa case has been approved? why do you want to withdraw case? you are almost at the end of this journey

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Timeline
blest.but.strest

They gave me a month notice. I think it is about right for any location.

Faithkeeper

Thank you! I pray for you too guys, just imagine yourself finally being there, and get rid of all the other anxiety and stress factors, you already have a major one, you do not need more. Be strong, good things come for those who wait!

Filed: Other Timeline

my marriage was annulled before i got my i 360 approval for bigamy. i was so young back home when my parent did the marriage i run away from my country because of that . i never consume the marriage . later one the guy went and file for divorce. my abuser knew about it before we got married here. didn't know that will have an impact here. so after the abuse he went ahead annul the marriage. wondering why didn't i get a denied 360? it was approved since june 2013 base on all the prove of abuse they also sent me a deferred action.I'm so tired of my situation. God help me. if i go to the interview what would happen? do they ask about your marriage ? divorce? etccc

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

wanvan There is a difference between not qualifying to file Vawa, and having a case denied because USCIS could not find proof of abuse and/or proof of bonafide marriage.You do not qualify if your spouse is not a LPR or US citizen, you do no qualify if you are not married or were married to the abuser,you have to proof the abuse occurred in the U.S, that you are a person of good moral character.If you submitted documents showing that you did not meet the criteria to file Vawa then they can deny without RFE, but once you pass the first part that i just mentioned then they will adjudicate considering if you were battered and/or subjected to “extreme cruelty” and had a bonafide marriage,and if you could not prove that they will send you an RFE requesting more evidences.

Edited by sandranj

Okay everybody an hour back I got a text message from Uscis, I checked my account online and finally today I'm approved.My vawa has been approved finally after 6 and half months today.I really thank Sandra for her help, advice and support.Without her I believe this task was impossible.Thanks alot Sandra .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Okay everybody an hour back I got a text message from Uscis, I checked my account online and finally today I'm approved.My vawa has been approved finally after 6 and half months today.I really thank Sandra for her help, advice and support.Without her I believe this task was impossible.Thanks alot Sandra .

congrats casper!! Yay!!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.