2,976 posts in this topic

Flexx you have an attorney, and because of that I can't advise you what to do ok. You should not to submit papers to Uscis without discussing with your attorney .

ty sandraj for ur time .if i have a good attorney who did lot of mistakes during this time im not gonna be here in this forum to check after him if he have done right .i will not bother u any more

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Flex x you do not bother me with your question but as an attorney I follow a code of professional responsibility (ethics). And when someone is being represented by an attorney other attorney CANNOT ADVISE regarding the same matter if he/she doesn't represent you .

I often answer questions here regarding what the immigration law states,but my opinion should not be taken as a legal advice,you specific asked me if you should submit again one document that you already submitted ,and you mentioned.your lawyer attended the interview with you ,it means you have someone representing you, and following my professional responsibility I can't advice you in this matter .

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Help help help!!!!!! Like I said USCIS issued me an EAD card and my birth year was incorrect. My lawyer didn't want to make an amend to USCIS andreplace the card right away because she thought it may take a while. So I had a job offer. I went to Social Security office to get a SSN. I was denied on the spot. Then I went to see my employer and gave him my old ssocial security number which was expired. Will i go to federal prison if they found out??????

That happened to me too. My EAD said I was born in Dec 1987 yet I was born in July 1987 and when I went to update my SSN which I was first issued as a student The man at the office refused because of the birthdates and advised me to contact a lawyer. When I went for my orientation the employer said my EAD overrides both a state I.D and ssn requirement.

No you cannot go to jail because the SSN number was given to you.

Thank you very much for your help. That truly helps because your situation was very identical. So you are saying, I don't even need my SSN to work when you have EAD card? I mean I have a SSN but it is not valid. It's only valid with DHS form, which was expired?

I'm still working but I havnt gotten reached my paycheck yet

You do not need a social security number to work, but you do need a social security number to get paid. For that reason, most companies won't allow you to work until you have a legitimate social security number because of the problems it will cause them with the IRS if you don't have one.

Since your EAD does not contain correct information then I'm not sure it is valid for any purpose. You should file for a replacement ASAP.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thank you very much for your help. That truly helps because your situation was very identical. So you are saying, I don't even need my SSN to work when you have EAD card? I mean I have a SSN but it is not valid. It's only valid with DHS form, which was expired?

I'm still working but I havnt gotten reached my paycheck yet

leilabird, go with Sandra's advice on this, you can ask your lawyer to file for the ead again, including letter stating errors they made, then call them after 10days to expidite it. A bunch of people have done expidites of EAD without any problems. You are better off with a correct EAD. You can make a copy of the current one for your records, and you should not have any problems working with your current social. YOU are AUTHORISED to work on their system, it was their error not yours..

Goodluck!!

Edited by mamaof3!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that I went for my interview this morning. The officer could not make a decisions as she claimed that I have to file an I-601 am not sure why but anyways I have a month to submit this form and then hopefully that will be it

Samosa, what happened with the i601 waiver? NO response fro you yet..you okay?

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Finally just received my renewal work permit.its been exactly 3 months since l submitted.any way stil waiting for my I485,going on 5 months..

Good news missymd. I filed for my renewal on September 10, I really hope to get it soon. Hopefully it won't go over 3 months.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Lank l applied mine on august 20th with a fee waiver.hopefully yours wont take too long..have you had your interview yet?

No, I have not. My I-485 was transferred to local office on October 3 and I have not heard anything from my local office yet. Where is your I-485? Did you have an interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.