2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey guys, if anyone here has some experience with I-131 Travel document or Edvance parole?? My sister is in the hospital but I'm still waiting and waiting for decision on my WAVA, so do u think is good idea to travel with that document or not? Tnx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, if anyone here has some experience with I-131 Travel document or Edvance parole?? My sister is in the hospital but I'm still waiting and waiting for decision on my WAVA, so do u think is good idea to travel with that document or not? Tnx

Hey Tonimk,

Depends? This is a very blurry topic, I've read a lot of different information about it, but it seem to all come down to unlawful presence and how the DHS/CBP officer feels.

Have you ever overstayed your visa? Have you ever been out of status? if so this is called unlawful presence.

If you have accrued a certain amount of unlawful presence (>180 days) in the US, traveling outside of the U.S. is not recommended even if you have an approved Advance Parole Document, you MIGHT be denied re entry into the US.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Tomnik On April 17, 2012 decision Matter of Arrabally Yerrabelly, the Board of Immigration that the departure from the U.S. with advance parole will not trigger the unlawful presence bar, but there is a warning on the advance parole document stating that parolees may be inadmissible under if they accrued unlawful presence.Discuss with lawyer regarding your case,but if you do not have an AOS pending I would not risk travelling abroad.Because the decision issued by the Board of Immigration was regarding a case of someone with adjustment of status pending .

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Does anybody know how long does it take to schedule an interview at local office after transfer? My status update says my I-485 was transferred to local office on October 3 but I have not heard from local office yet. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My visa expired in February 2011:( And I filled my WaVa august 2014.

OK anyway thank u for your response

I wouldn't risk it if I was you. I personally met someone from Canada that left the country on Advance Parole after being present unlawfully in the US for 8 month and had no problem coming back what so ever, but at the same time I have read about cases online where people got denied re entry in the US even with Advance Parole. I personally think it is at the discretion on the officer but if I was you, I wouldn't leave until you have your GC in hand. Hopefully that helps.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have my advance parole story.

I overstayed F-1 for one year before I got married to USC.

While the AOS was pending my ill-mom went to ICU, I got an emergency advance parole at local USCIS office and went to my country,

although all the lawyers I talked said " I wont be able to come back to US" , It was no problem coming back, and I traveled my country to see my mom twice until my husband petition got denied recently.

My AOS got denied recently and Im preparing to file vawa and aos ASAP.

My mom past away last month and Im going to visit my country if USCIS issues advance parole.

It's at my own risk.

Filed: Other Timeline

Does anybody know how long does it take to schedule an interview at local office after transfer? My status update says my I-485 was transferred to local office on October 3 but I have not heard from local office yet. Thank you.

Did it just get transfer from Vermont? It will be at NBC for 2-5 months and then be transfer to the office in your state.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Help I got rfe for i765 saying I stated my status is b1 visa so I am not qualified for section c9.....I am trying to renew my Work permit they say I should submit proof of status...I don't know what to do

For C-9 you would need to send them a copy of your I-485 receipt NOA showing that you have an adjustment of status application that is still pending.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.