2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dear Sandra,

After sending an email to ombudsman (about my "plans" to file a writ of mandamus), I received a response yesterday that they apologize for the delay and that they contacted uscis headquarters with the request to take an action on my case along with other cases within 60 days.

In your experience you think it will help?

Vawa pending for 20+ months

Edited by Ana-stas

Hello everyone!

I have just recieved an email/text saying that my case was approved!!

Thanks Sandra for all of your help and this forum as I couldn't of done it on my own!!! So happy right now!!!!

On October 1, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I360 PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOWER, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Congrats carguy yayyy always nice to get good news on this forum!!!!!!

Faithkeeper atleast now you know why its taking long..you dont have to worry about it..since the last time they put a service request on my case about a month ago,havent heard anything..l even call 2 more times within the last 4 weeks but they didnt help at all..my lawyer told me to give it another month then he will inquire if l dont get anything..

So do you know if it's still at the local office or not?

Filed: Timeline

Faith keeperl really dont know were my case is right now..the last time they updated my case status was aug 22 and they said my case was transffered and is pending at a uscis office.my lawyer said that that message might be from thetime they transffered my case to the local office for the interview and that those are automated messages and sometimes they delay..

Filed: Other Timeline

Congrats Carguy .... Can u share how much time it took to get approved??

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I have just recieved an email/text saying that my case was approved!!

Thanks Sandra for all of your help and this forum as I couldn't of done it on my own!!! So happy right now!!!!

On October 1, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I360 PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOWER, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks guys!

Congrats Carguy .... Can u share how much time it took to get approved??
Thanks

Thanks, and yeah.

I mailed everything out on 6/4, and going online it said that my name was updated on 6/16, so I figure that's when they started to process it, then after that, didn't get anything until today 10/1 when I got the email saying I was approved :)

Edit: Well I did get other stuff like prima facie and I also did get EAD in that time since I sent I-360, I-485, and I-765 together, but for approval of I-360 it was what I wrote above, hope thats not confusing lol

Edited by carguy87

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

caruguy thanks for your kind private message. We made it!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS.

Each case that I helped here was unique,but some cases are special for me, you are one of them . I am very happy for you.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Sandra I was married to LPR. I filed I-485 before my vawa was approved and first they accepted it but then denied saying that visa number was not available. I refiled I-485 when I received vawa approval. Today I received two letters from uscis that both of my I-485 are transferred to NBC. The status online says for both of my applications that they were transferred to local office. I do not understand why they would transfer my initial denied I-485 to local office. Wouldn't it be confusing for them to receive two I-485 applications? Should I contact them and explain the situation? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.