2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sure, there is a certain way of doing things in USCIS, however sometimes they get confused (too many papers imho) and do things that we did not expect them to do. So if anybody can tell in DETAILS whatever is happening to your case that person is a psychic. Sometimes all you can do - is to make sure your case is still open and do AILA requests (that I did once and I loved it because it did tell me where is my case and what's going on). Other than that - you need to be patient, pro-active, but patient...

PS I finally received my work authorization, small things that make us happy, ha?

My I-485 was finally transferred to local office yesterday. Can anybody share how long it takes for local office to set up an interview? Thank you.

It may take up to six months as far as I know. But I think it is usually faster!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats on the new approvals. faith everyone!

Lank when my i485 got transfer to NBC in march 2014 they asked RFE on my medical , i mailed it in and withing a month and some days...i got an interview notice..

So you might get yours soon. but every case is different too... good luck

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats on the new approvals. faith everyone!

Lank when my i485 got transfer to NBC in march 2014 they asked RFE on my medical , i mailed it in and withing a month and some days...i got an interview notice..

So you might get yours soon. but every case is different too... good luck[/quo

How long after your vawa bwas approved they transfered your case?

Edited by biankat

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Holphoder they have to check if you have any admissibility,such as any crime of moral turpitude,misrepresentation, bigamy.No clue why is in Chicago.Do you live in Chicago?

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi lank how do you know if your case was transferred to local office . since my vawa got approved 08/08/2014 and the I 485 changed from interview to initial review i didn't hear nothing from them

Flexx I filed I-485 in November 2013. I have not heard anything until yesterday. I received an email and a message from uscis on my phone that the status got updated. I checked it and it says the it was transferred to local office.

I'm not Sandra but I can answer this because I'm from Chicago too.

Yes Chicago is your local office, the address is 536 South Clark St #3 Chicago IL 60605

thank you for your response

but

the address is

101 west congress parkway

chicago il

I'm not Sandra but I can answer this because I'm from Chicago too.

Yes Chicago is your local office, the address is 536 South Clark St #3 Chicago IL 60605

thank you for your response

but

the address is

101 west congress parkway

chicago il

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I will not answer emails and pm anymore regarding Uscis timeline, because is something I don't have any control about it.I receive every week tons of emails and private messags of people asking me why they did not receive their EAD, when their Vawa will be transferred ,when NBC will transfer the case to the local office , these kind of questions I won't answer anymore . I will keep answering about immigration Law, but not about timeline.

Faithkeeper have you hard anything yet??

I had gone to an infopass appointment last week Tuesday the Officer said they sent my files back to NBV because they need to update my case since I wrote requesting to remove my attorney off my case he said once the files come back to the local office the IO who interviewed me will adjudicate my case she actually was about to an realised I sent the letter so she had to send it off.

So I'm waiting NBC he said takes 3 to 4 weeks to amend an send the files back I just hope she adjudicate right away an don't sit on it. She took about a month from the time I sent the letter to picking up my file.....an plus my case has to be assigned a visa number because my spouse is a GC holder.....so I'm hoping at least before December I get my approval an GC.

What about you?

Hello everyone.

I am preparing for filing vawa.

I have read that If I have any arrest record in previous 3 years from the filing vawa petition,

It will be very difficult to prove that I am a good moral person and the case will be very difficult to get approved.

I got a DUI conviction 2 years ago.

IS it a big problem for vawa?

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.