2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

hi sandranj and other members who have similar experience, pls advise!

I will be very very appreciate for all the advise here....

below is my status:

My vawa got approved on June 2014.
I got AOS interview on sep 4.
I prepared all documents, pictures, all passports plus i94 etc..
But the IO only ask me the base questions such as my name , birthday, address etc..
Then all i485 questions, total less than 10 mins.
And ask me do I still lived with my wife plus am I still study at college as i got F1 status but expired already....
She never ask me to show her any documents bc she has all the copies in her hands.
I saw her check my passport pix and say my fingerprint not upload to system yet.

she did not stamp on my passport, did not tell me that i got approved or not....

my lawyer told me it will be ok and she say USCIS will approve me soon.

but my question is I done my fingerprint on Jan 2014, how come USCIS still not put my fingerprint to system yet?

is it anything wrong?

should I need to be called to do the second FP?

I am very stress and nervous for past few days.....

any experiences sharing here will be appreciate!

thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hello everyone

hello Sandra =)

how are you guys doing?

wanted to share my happy news

today I received my INTERVIEW NOTICE

for October 8th

in NEW YORK

I FILED I485 JUNE 25 2014

my i360 was approved june 16 2014

wish me luck on interview

=)

Filed: Other Timeline

Good luck mashaka911!

Share us the good news when you're done :D

Guys, is it normal for uscis not to open or touch an aos application for a while? I have sent my aos package for over a week now and still nothing..

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good luck mashaka911!

Share us the good news when you're done :D

Guys, is it normal for uscis not to open or touch an aos application for a while? I have sent my aos package for over a week now and still nothing..

thanks =)

yes I will =)

my hands already shaking

and good luck with your case.

BTW my EAD card mail man lost on delivery =(

Edited by mashaka911

hello everyone

hello Sandra =)

how are you guys doing?

wanted to share my happy news

today I received my INTERVIEW NOTICE

for October 8th

in NEW YORK

I FILED I485 JUNE 25 2014

my i360 was approved june 16 2014

wish me luck on interview

=)

Congrats Mashaka911 go with God!!!!

Its been more than 2 months since my interview and last week my I485 was transferred to a uscis office(dont know which one)for processing.Today l decided to call the 800 number again l just wanted to know where my file was transferred to but l didnt get to speak with a officer but l just listened to the automated message.even thou the message was the same,it was slightly different from the one on my case status.. This one said that myI485 was transffered to a uscis office and is undergoing standard processing and that l should not inquire until after 180 days!!! What!!Why?? What office is this?

Hey missymd any updates on why your case was transferred?

I'm still waiting on a decision too interview was over 5 weeks ago.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Sandra I filed for I-485 in November 2013, my I-360 was approved in October 2013. I still have not heard anything on my interview. I called and wrote to them. Spoke to immigration office and he said that my I-485 is still in VSC and it was not transfered. I can't understand the reason why they keep it there and don't transfer. Also, my previous I-485 was denied because I filed it concurrently with I-360 and my husband was LPR. USCIS accepted it and then denied. I refiled my current one after I-360 was approved. Do you have cases with I-485 pending for such a long time? They took my fingerprints for the first I-485. Do you know if I need to go for fingerprints again? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

vista33 you will be fine.The officer could not approve on the spot because your fingerprints wasn't in their system yet.They will approve soon.

Thanks Sandranj.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Iank Vermont transfers the Vawa cases maximum in 30 days after approval .. DID you inquire Uscis ombudsmen ? About your case? Did you call your congressman? If not, then it's time to contact them.

Edited by sandranj

Oh lank you haven't heard anything yet? This system is so lop - sided some go through the process so smoothly an others like myself so many twist an turns.

If it's any consolation we are still current the bulletin stands at 01 Feb 2013....

Is it time for me to schedule a infopass?

Vermont received my notarized letter (change if address and request to resend my rfe) aug 28. Also sent my aos package and they received it sep 2 according to my tracking info from usps.

I dont know if I should schedule infopass or wait some more...

Meanwhile, my time to respond to my rfe is ticking. .bbbrrrr...

Edited by wildwoodflower21

My VAWA Timeline

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

Filed: Timeline

Faithkeeper l havent heard anything...l called the 800 number yesterday again but the lady who answered didnt help that much instead she told me to hold on and she will transfer my call to someone who can help me..well..she did only but then my wait time was 96 minutes...l just hang up.l asked my lawyer what the transfer was about but he said that doesnt mean anything,it could be from the time they transffered my case to local office but they just didnt update the system till now.

Guys..this is what it says online.

Initial Review

On August 4, 2014, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I360 PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOWER, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

--------------------

So I called the 1800 number and got a different answer about my rfe change of address and request to resend the rfe notice. The representative said I should mail ar11 or submit ar11 online.

My VAWA Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.