2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a a membership on my life search. Com and I keep getting messages that a Steven from new Jersey keeps on Google me and on my phone fb has this thing that shows u the devices that are currently active and the cities and I had an open session in new jersey. It was creepy. So I change my password and I added a code to my profile so when ever someone tries to long on to my account they send the code to my phone and they ley me know where and some tried to long in to my account. By the way I do not know any Steven nor have I ever been to new Jersey

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Sandra, just wanted to take a minute and thank you for all your help that you provide with your advice to me as well as other members of this site. Thank you for always answering all my questions. I very much appreciate all you time you put in in helping me and other people.

Wanted to check about a situation where...

USC spouse who is abuser, & after abusing his wife long time, files for divorce.

What this poor immigrant spouse should do?

Get the divorce as she wanted for some time (by not responding to it) after all that ill treatment by USC husband

or

should response to it & why?

How this is going to effect VAWA?

An otherwise-eligible person can still file for VAWA after divorcing, provided they do so within two years of the divorce becoming final.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

US GREAT If the divorce was filed based in irreconcilable differences then it's up to her to contest or not,it will not hurt her Vawa at all,but if the divorce was filed based in fraud or even domestic violence she should contest the divorce ,because USCIS will not approve an adjustment of status if the alien has the divorce granted based in fraud or dv.

I am not pessimistic. I am just realistic.Here what the letter the IO gave me says"USCIS is not able to complete ur case at this time.Your case is being continued till final decision is taken. Reason for continuance(3 options and IO clicked on this one):your case is held for review.You will receive a notice from us if we need more documents, need to reschedule u for another interview or if we made final decision on ur case"

This is summary not exact words. The IO asked a lot about my previous work before I got EAC and he asked exact dates which I replied honestly and all of this info where already written in my biometric form and waiver fee form to ask for fee waiver. He did not ask why I worked without work permission .He just verified what I previously wrote then made his decision to give me this useless paper.

I tried to ask him if he can stamp my passport so I can know that I am approved but he refused completely and he said this is for security reasons(non-sense...right?)

Usually if u travel u need a stamp in ur passport plus ur green card to re-enter the states and also to attach green card with ur new passport which he refused to stamp.He said that if they send denial letter I need to respond in 30 days only otherwise I have no case.It does not make sense to me that USCIS after 3 years of reviewing my case in all their centers and asking for every kind of document u can think of or u cannot think of..They know now about me more than I know about myself by far and now they are saying they cannot reach decision?????????does this make any sense?????

If they want to approve me they will approve me on spot in the interview,stamp my passport and tell me to wait for green card after 2-3 weeks like every body else.The worst scenario was to ask me in interview for more papers to send afterwards so they can approve my case or ask me why I worked without authorization or anything they found wrong in my case to ask me to explain but this never happened.The only explanation that they already denied my case before even I go to interview and IO confirmed this in the interview but they do not want me to faint in the office so they allow me to go home so they can send denial.

Hi fancy sorry for what u are going through just hand in there.which state was ur interview?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

leilabird I answered the question that Ur great member posted regarding the US citizen filing for divorce(plaintiff). I said if the US citizen files for divorce based in domestic abuse (abuse against him,the US citizen) the alien(foreign/defendant) should contest the divorce,because if the alien has the divorce granted based in domestic violence probably USCIS will not approve the alien's AOS.

In your case if you (alien) files for divorce based in domestic violence you will be fine.The problem is if the US Citizen files and the divorce is granted based in dv against him.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

I just got this message and i wanted to thank everyone on this site especially Sandra for all your help. I got a lot of valuable input from this forum and being a male applicant i thought it would be very difficult in as far as credibility issues were concerned. Thanks to everyone more so Sandra who is a Godsend Post Decision Activity

On June 9, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I360 PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOWER, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

US GREAT If the divorce was filed based in irreconcilable differences then it's up to her to contest or not,it will not hurt her Vawa at all,but if the divorce was filed based in fraud or even domestic violence she should contest the divorce ,because USCIS will not approve an adjustment of status if the alien has the divorce granted based in fraud or dv.

Thanks a lot, Sandra and Hypnos !!

Yes, its filed based on irreconcilable differences only & nothing else.

My understanding is...

If she doesn't respond to it now, divorce will be granted later on SAME (irreconcilable differences) basis and he won't be able to add anything to it (like DV or fraud), right?

So, she need not to worry after this as far as VAWA chances are concerned?

Thank You !

Filed: Other Timeline

I would like to post a big Thank you for the helpful advice I received in this site. Sandranj ..... Keep doing what you are doing. When I found this forum, I was so encouraged and I would like to write today to encourage someone that God has not forgotten you and he knows you by name.

Feb 2013 I360 packet sent

Mar 2013 received receipts and work permit.

Mar 2013 RFE which I never received, I received notice for fingerprinting.

Sept 2013 Approval notice for I 360

Oct 2013 transferred to local office

April 2014 Received email stating that card is in production. Yes no Interview.

Glory to God. I'm a stronger person with everything I have gone through. Don't despair.... God is with you!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on my case. Yes indeed it was not a mistake. My green card was approved without interview. I went for an info pass to verify this. However it got lost in the mail and I have recently filed form I-90 which was accepted. Waiting continues....

Be encouraged everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.