2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Sandra

I cannot thank u enough for ur advices.I am so nervous because the letter came to me so late and they gave me short time to collect my papers.It is ONLY 4 DAYS.I do not want to get denied or anything happen bad in interview.Generally what are the rules for "WHAT TO DO" and "WHAT NOT TO DO" in the interview?

Details are highly appreciated.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

fancy what not do when attending interview.

-When the officer is quiet reviewing the documents, do not talk!

-Do not put papers/documents on the immigration officer desk

-Do not talk about something he/she is not asking,limit to answer what he/she is asking you

-Avoid talking bs about your ex to the immigration officer,even if you are mad with your ex ,just chill out

-Do not answer questions with "i think",I guess..be firm with your answers.

-Do not start any conversation with the immigration officer, let him/her to ask the question, limit to answer the questions briefly , but precisely.

-Take to the interview original documents such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree if you have,previous divorce decree if you were divorced before getting married, kids birth certificate,if you have kids,valid passport,I-94 .Any foreign language document must have respective translation

-If you filed taxes take with you original tax return

-If you had any arrest or conviction you must disclose about it.

-Do not get into argument with the officer

-Take the original documents showing bonafide marriage, do not show up there with a carry on, I swear to God I saw many, THEY HATE this kind the ######.

-Do not show up there bragging how amazing you are as a mother/father, they will not give a . JUST ANSWER what he/she asks.

-Remember the date you started dating, got engaged, separated and divorced.

-If the officer says he/she needs to review and you will get the decision in 60 days, DO NOT START saying I want to go to my home Country to visit my family....accept what he/she said, say thank you, have a goof afternoon etc..and leave.

-Do not take any child with you.

-TURN OFF your cell phone.

-IF the alien English is not GOOD, bring to the interview someone fluent in English, your lawyer cannot be your translator,if he/she speaks your language.-

-Do not dress revealing,tight or short clothing

-Do not exaggerate with the make up,like you are going to party after the interview LOL

-Avoid using perfume and cologne, some people are allergic to perfumes and cologne

-Talk normally as you can . I heard people almost "whispering" ,and the officer had to ask to speak louder,and several times.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline

Sandra,

You are too good to be true.Thank you for your precious advices.My worst nightmare is if he/she asks me about working without permit specially I did work without permit before applying to VAWA and after applying to VAWA because I need to feed myself.This is also documented in my tax return for 2012 and 2013.I was thinking that my old EAC is still valid as long as VAWA case is going on.I just got new EAC September 2013 and then I started working legally.

If he/she asks that question I have to say yes but what good excuse I can give?I cannot sleep dreaming of this question as nightmare.

Timeline

Fancy 1the officer will ask the questions you answered in the form l485, the questions with YES or NO.Say yes when she or he ask about working without EAD, but do not start explaining anything, just if he or she asks why? I never saw any case they asked why, just keep saying to the questions yes or not and that is it. As I said if the officer didn't ask you to explain about it then DO NOT START GIVING ANY EXPLANATION.

BIKO your theory that as long you are paying taxes in this Country you are fine is damn wrong. You can't justify something wrong with your own facts and theory .WE have laws in this Country and anyone that wants to be part of this Nation must follow the Law.,and do not think if you pay taxes you can do what you want...no way,no how.

Timeline

Leilabird you don't need a lawyer to file for divorce , it's just.a lot of steps to follow. Go to the court get a divorc kit ,and file a form to waive to court fee.,you can find some pro bono lawyer as well,ask the court clerk to give the list with pro bono lawyers, if they don't have ,usually they do, call the Bar association and get the list.

My name is Ana. Sandra is my best friend, I decided to post here ,because I believe Sandra will leave the visa journey web site soon due the number of people calling her . She made a mistake when she gave her phone number to some people, but she never expected the number of phone calls she is getting every day. Sandra has a busy life,she works 12/14hours per day ,she never gets home before 7pm,and people call her every day,all day .You have to understand when one of you are calling her, 6,8,10 others are calling her too, I believe this is not ok for her .She has a big heart, she answers every single message,and emails but I think the phone calls have to stop. She posted 3times here that she won't take phone calls anymore,and people keep calling her. She told me she had enough. She likes to help people, but we have to be considerate wit her, and limit our contact through emails,text message, and pm in the visa journey,otherwise she will leave this site soon believe me.

She barely talks to her siblings during the week,just weekends,then there is no way she will spend her time answering questions,talking on the phone.

People calling her during the day is unacceptable, she is working,and at night she has for her family. She does not accept to Skype and I think is great ,because many people asked her to talk through Skype .Skype is for you to use with your family and friends .She is member of the VJ nine years,she never charged anyone,but people sometime take her kindness for granted,and I think is time to stop bothering her with phone calls.She has no problem answering text messages in her phone ,but taking her time with phone calls became overwhelming for her .You won't find any other attorney willing to give information like she gives here every day without any charge l,but we have to keep in mind that she has her own life as well.

Timeline

Ana thank you my friend.I know you are concern about me .I agree with Ana the phone calls must stop!. I do not mind answering text message,emails or pm in the visa journey,but the phone calls I will limit to my family and friends .If I feel the need to discuss a case I will ask the phone number and I will.call the person.I can't and I won't answer phone calls anymore.MY life is busy.and I can't spend my time on the phone I can answer any question through pm,or email .

Edited by sandranj

Sandra,

You have been a great help as always.MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW .I have important question.The question about working without work permit I did not find in the I-485 questions yes or no.So if the officer asked me about that should I ask to speak to his supervisor and refuse to answer?

The problem that in order to get fees waived,I submitted my tax return which showed that I have low income and unable to pay the fees for GC and EAD applications which is a proof that I worked without authorization.I am afraid from this question so much.

I think we all should just start appreciate help from Sandra and remember one thing, that though yes we all have been there or still are, and we all feel desperate in a sense, but in the same time I am sure a lot of questions that people have, can either wait or be found in the internet, or even we can be more proactive to solve them.

I think being very invasive we just take opportunities from future men and women in the same situation who will need help urgently, if you have a question just write it here, if no answer - write it again, I think Sandra has the right to prioritize - whats urgent and whats not. But the bottom line - phone calls must stop!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.