2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

hi guys im still here reading an keeping abreast of all the approvals etc. So I feel a little down today my lawyer messed up my case and sent in another I485 application dated October 2013 I finally got an interview date but with the new DV Bulletin I may have to wait for a number/approval before receiving my green card I do have an old application in and hoping they will be able to use it I feel under the weather now.

Hi Faithkeeper It is my understanding that they will use the priority date of your petition (when your I-360 was filed) not the date when you filed your I485? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Cielo&others, I received so many messages, pm and emails today, then here is how it works the cut-off date.To qualify for an Immigrant number the date that the petition was filed(priority date) MUST FALL BEFORE than the cut -off date. As I said before if your priority date is AFTER the cut-off date then you will not have an immigrant visa number available now.

Here is what USCIS stated in their web site.

Visa Retrogression

Usually the cut-off dates on the Visa Bulletin move forward in time, but not always. Demand for visa numbers by applicants with a variety of priority dates can fluctuate from one month to another, with an inevitable impact on cut-off dates. Such fluctuations can cause cut-off date movement to slow, stop, or even retrogress. Visa retrogression occurs when more people apply for a visa in a particular category or country than there are visas available for that month. Retrogression typically occurs toward the end of the fiscal year as visa issuance approaches the annual category, or per-country limitations. Sometimes a priority date that meets the cut-off date one month will not meet the cut-off date the next month. When the new fiscal year begins on October 1, a new supply of visas is made available and usually, but not always, returns the dates to where they were before retrogression.

If, at the time of adjudication, an applicant’s priority date no longer meets the cut-off date published in the Visa Bulletin, due to retrogression, his or her case must be held in abeyance until a visa once again becomes available. If the adjudication of your Form I-485 will not require an in-person interview at a USCIS office, then your case will be held at the USCIS Service Center where you initially filed your application.

If you have been interviewed at a USCIS office and a visa is not available, then USCIS may hold your case at the following locations until a visa becomes available

Sandra, so do they stop processing I-485 until visa number gets available or with they process it and then we'll just need to wait until priority becomes current to get a green card?

You can read USCIS' policy memorandum on how they process cases with regressed priority dates here: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/regressed-visa-12-15-10.pdf

In short, cases with a regressed priority date are usually directed to remain at the NBC.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everybody.i was just wondering do you guys know how much time it take to adjudicate the case after 2 rfe.i recieved my 2nd rfe on March 3,2014 and today's it's May 9.its been like more than two months.any info will help!! Thank you

When did they receive your evidence?

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

felix1 the thread here is for victims of domestic violence.I am not sure what you want to know about Vawa, but regarding to see your daughter you should file for visitation, regarding trying to "kill" you,or make you sick, then you should report the matter to the police.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Sandra, I received an email from uscis to participate in a customer satisfaction survey... Could that be a sign that they have a decision?

Thank you!

No.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.