Taylor&Joey

CEAC status "at NVC" after 5 months of AP?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all!

Anyone have any ideas why my case status for our K1 visa would all of a sudden change to "at NVC?" We have been in Administrative Processing at the Naples consulate since our interview September 3rd. They didn't tell us why we were in AP and didn't say we need to do anything. He was told he was approved at the interview but we were later told we were in AP. Has this happened to anyone else? Ideas?

October 2008- Met in Florida at his brother's wedding to my good friend
August 2009- I went to Italy for 10 days to sight-see, our relationship officially began
November 2009- He came to Memphis for 10 days to visit and meet my family
January 2010- I went to Egypt to meet his family for a week then we went to Rome together for 4 days
March 2010- He lost his ID right before he was supposed to come to Memphis again so I went to Rome instead for a week
August 2010- He came to visit in Memphis for 3 weeks
November 2010- I went to visit him for 10 days in Rome
January 2011- He completed his Masters degree then came to Memphis to visit for 2 weeks
May 2011- I moved to Rome and stayed until November
February 2012- Back to Rome until October (minus a 1.5 month trip to Memphis in June-July)
October 2012- I filed the I-129F Petition upon returning to the states (late October-don't remember the exact date)
November 2nd 2012- NOA1
December 25th 2012- I returned to Rome for my last big trip
March 2013- I went back to Memphis to work full time and plan for the wedding
May 10th 2013- NOA 2!
September 3rd 2013- interview, told he was approved and we would get the visa in 2 days to 2 weeks
September 17th 2013- status says AP :-(
October 5th 2013- Wedding- did not happen

February 4th, 2014- Naples consulate called and said to send passport for visa issuance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ugh, nevermind I typed in the wrong number. I don't know how to delete my post. Sorry!

October 2008- Met in Florida at his brother's wedding to my good friend
August 2009- I went to Italy for 10 days to sight-see, our relationship officially began
November 2009- He came to Memphis for 10 days to visit and meet my family
January 2010- I went to Egypt to meet his family for a week then we went to Rome together for 4 days
March 2010- He lost his ID right before he was supposed to come to Memphis again so I went to Rome instead for a week
August 2010- He came to visit in Memphis for 3 weeks
November 2010- I went to visit him for 10 days in Rome
January 2011- He completed his Masters degree then came to Memphis to visit for 2 weeks
May 2011- I moved to Rome and stayed until November
February 2012- Back to Rome until October (minus a 1.5 month trip to Memphis in June-July)
October 2012- I filed the I-129F Petition upon returning to the states (late October-don't remember the exact date)
November 2nd 2012- NOA1
December 25th 2012- I returned to Rome for my last big trip
March 2013- I went back to Memphis to work full time and plan for the wedding
May 10th 2013- NOA 2!
September 3rd 2013- interview, told he was approved and we would get the visa in 2 days to 2 weeks
September 17th 2013- status says AP :-(
October 5th 2013- Wedding- did not happen

February 4th, 2014- Naples consulate called and said to send passport for visa issuance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

=)) daaaaaaamn you scared the hell outta me phewwww

I'm in AP for the past 6 months, read your question and my heart came to my throat

This happens to me too mostly in the mornings when I hardly can keep my eyes open

Good luck on your AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can use the report button and ask a mod to delete it, if that is what you wish. In the meantime, I am going to move it to the AP forum.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is about being in AP ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.