21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! :-) And best wishes as well for those of you who are also waiting.

We'll see how the rest of the process goes!! With your input I'm starting to believe it! :-P

raven52, that's terrible, all that waiting!!! Glad you made it through though. I'm also glad our file was sent to the California Service Center instead!

OUR TIMELINE (not completed yet!)

I-129F Sent: Dec 20th 2013

I-129F NOA1: Jan 3rd 2014 (notification received by e-mail and text message; hard copy received on Jan 10th)
I-129F NOA2: Jan 27th 2014 (notification through USCIS mailing list; hard copy received on Feb 3rd)
NVC Received: Feb 07th 2014 (verified through phone call; no notification received)
NVC Left: Feb 11th 2014 (CEAC status changed to "in transit"; called NVC to verify)
Processed at Consulate: Feb 20th 2014 (I sent the embassy an e-mail on Feb 18th and they replied Feb 21st saying that they had received my case the day before)
Package 3 received: Feb 21st 2014 (sent by embassy through e-mail attachment; it was a Word document; they usually send it through regular mail)
Package 3 sent: Feb 24th 2014 (received at the consulate Feb 25th; I know this because I sent a certified letter with online tracking)
Interview date: April 30th 2014 (notification received by e-mail on March 21st; hard copy received on March 26th)

Timeline

Congrats! But how would we know which center will process our k1? We're gonna send ours this weekend..

I don't think you can know... Not sure which system they follow but I do know you can't choose the center. We all send it to Texas and from there they send it to one of the three centers (Vermont, California or Nebraska, I think is the third) When they send you the first NOA it says which center it was forwarded to.

Ours was sent to California and it was super fast! That seems to be random too, some people are still waiting and their file is also in California. Looks like pure luck!! So good luck for you too!!!

I-129F NOA1: Jan 3rd 2014 (notification received by e-mail and text message; hard copy received on Jan 10th)
I-129F NOA2: Jan 27th 2014 (notification through USCIS mailing list; hard copy received on Feb 3rd)
NVC Received: Feb 07th 2014 (verified through phone call; no notification received)
NVC Left: Feb 11th 2014 (CEAC status changed to "in transit"; called NVC to verify)
Processed at Consulate: Feb 20th 2014 (I sent the embassy an e-mail on Feb 18th and they replied Feb 21st saying that they had received my case the day before)
Package 3 received: Feb 21st 2014 (sent by embassy through e-mail attachment; it was a Word document; they usually send it through regular mail)
Package 3 sent: Feb 24th 2014 (received at the consulate Feb 25th; I know this because I sent a certified letter with online tracking)
Interview date: April 30th 2014 (notification received by e-mail on March 21st; hard copy received on March 26th)

Timeline

Sorry, I think the third office is also in Texas! (not Nebraska, like I wrote)

Filed: Timeline

CNTrav, that website (www.uscis.gov) is where I signed up for the mailing list (for notifications) I double checked with my case receipt number and it said the same, that it's been approved!!!

And thanks,Brett and Annaliza :-) Best of luck for you too!! I'll just have to move fast to get all the documents!

Hypnos, out of order? Hope it's nothing bad but whatever it is as long as it moves forward I'm happy!! :-)

If you have confirmed on the uscis website that it's been approved, then it certainly is! Congratulations!!!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Well, my fiance got the letter yesterday so yes, it's true!!! :-) Thanks again for the reassurance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.