steve n songsang

1/22/14-K-1 visa interview and approval.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello to all! First,we would like to thank all of you here who took the time to help us, slowlyman,ning,tex715,long,tango777...apologies to anyone we missed,we thank you also! A special shout out goes out to Karee and his wife, your kindness to us we will appreciate allways. No problems in BKK,we got there 2:00pm 1/21 and left 1/23 1200pm. We will recommend a hotel,Sawadee Hotel, located on Soi8 about 1/2 a kilometer in from Sukumvit road, short taxi ride to U.S.embassy, small,clean, flat screen,safe,balcony with nice view,quiet. Lost track of time in the infamous nana plaza, got back to room at about 1:00am so 5:30am came quickly! Coffee,shower and a 10 min. taxi ride and we are at embassy at 6;30am. Probably around 100 people there, turns out that 8 were for K-1 visa. Songsang had her entry documents examined and entered the embassy at 7:20am, I would not see her again until 1:45pm when she came to front of embassy to get her cell. As she talked to security and walked outside I couldn't tell what had happened, I gave her the thumbs up/thumbs down sign...she said wait and when she came outside she immediately started a conversation with a thai lady who was waiting entry into the embassy..this finished, we walked toward the overpass when she erupted..."we got it"...:we got it"...Interview-songsang says was an American woman about 40 years old. She apologized for the delay and began interview in thai, she was impressed with songsang`s English and was curious how she had learned, Songsang had worked for an American company in Korat for 14 years. We had traveled Thailand from 12/30 to 1/15 staying with Songsang`s sister and family, brother and family, her mama and son...we had a 40 picture photo album, the interviewer looked at the pictures but did not comment. She asked how we communicate when I am in U.S.A....Songsang gave her oct,nov. and dec phone records I had brought to Thailand. She asked Songsang if I had been married before, she answered yes and gave the date of my divorce. The woman said the and petition was approved and Songsang would receive in Korat in 1 week...took only 3days. One more thing, although I had sent 3 years of tax transcripts Songsang requested I bring actual returns so I brought 2011 and 2012, the interviewer took my 2012 return. We are in the middle of a victory tour thruout thaiand, currently in pataya, we return to our home in Korat soon to make our plans...I here ontil feb.27. Thank you again all and we will be happy to answer any questions about the process and the interview, I do not want to get in the K-1/K-3 debate, we didn't make the rules,we just played the game...we received visa in 125 days, we hope that someone soon will do better,we understand how extremely lucky we were..

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

great news! I am thinking of heading down to Phuket to celebrate, about 4 years living in TH and I have never been to the south. Plus BKK is kind of uncertain right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations Steve, be sure to go to the elephant temple down by Nai Harn. Avoid Patong except maybe for a night or two. Ours is in the black hole of AP, could be weeks or months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello to all! First,we would like to thank all of you here who took the time to help us, slowlyman,ning,tex715,long,tango777...apologies to anyone we missed,we thank you also! A special shout out goes out to Karee and his wife, your kindness to us we will appreciate allways. No problems in BKK,we got there 2:00pm 1/21 and left 1/23 1200pm. We will recommend a hotel,Sawadee Hotel, located on Soi8 about 1/2 a kilometer in from Sukumvit road, short taxi ride to U.S.embassy, small,clean, flat screen,safe,balcony with nice view,quiet. Lost track of time in the infamous nana plaza, got back to room at about 1:00am so 5:30am came quickly! Coffee,shower and a 10 min. taxi ride and we are at embassy at 6;30am. Probably around 100 people there, turns out that 8 were for K-1 visa. Songsang had her entry documents examined and entered the embassy at 7:20am, I would not see her again until 1:45pm when she came to front of embassy to get her cell. As she talked to security and walked outside I couldn't tell what had happened, I gave her the thumbs up/thumbs down sign...she said wait and when she came outside she immediately started a conversation with a thai lady who was waiting entry into the embassy..this finished, we walked toward the overpass when she erupted..."we got it"...:we got it"...Interview-songsang says was an American woman about 40 years old. She apologized for the delay and began interview in thai, she was impressed with songsang`s English and was curious how she had learned, Songsang had worked for an American company in Korat for 14 years. We had traveled Thailand from 12/30 to 1/15 staying with Songsang`s sister and family, brother and family, her mama and son...we had a 40 picture photo album, the interviewer looked at the pictures but did not comment. She asked how we communicate when I am in U.S.A....Songsang gave her oct,nov. and dec phone records I had brought to Thailand. She asked Songsang if I had been married before, she answered yes and gave the date of my divorce. The woman said the and petition was approved and Songsang would receive in Korat in 1 week...took only 3days. One more thing, although I had sent 3 years of tax transcripts Songsang requested I bring actual returns so I brought 2011 and 2012, the interviewer took my 2012 return. We are in the middle of a victory tour thruout thaiand, currently in pataya, we return to our home in Korat soon to make our plans...I here ontil feb.27. Thank you again all and we will be happy to answer any questions about the process and the interview, I do not want to get in the K-1/K-3 debate, we didn't make the rules,we just played the game...we received visa in 125 days, we hope that someone soon will do better,we understand how extremely lucky we were..

Congratulations!! Now comes the fun part where she moves in and takes over your house. devil.gif

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.