Julest

EAD online update, is this normal?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am new to visa journey, this is my first post on this forum.

I filled adjustment of status (I-485) and Employment authorization (I-765) on the Dec 4th 2013 , received NOA 1 on Dec 16th.

Jan 7th 2014, received NOA 2 about my alien registration no, my online AOS case status has been on "acceptance" while my EAD update status is on "initial review".

Today Jan 22nd, my online EAD status went from Initial review to card/Document production.

On January 22, 2014 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

"This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application".

Please, has anyone experienced such?

Kindly share!

Jules

Did you already have your biometrics appointment?

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

I have a similar kind of update!

We received the NOA1 for my AOS and EAD on Dec. 23rd 2013, but my online AOS status went from Initial review to card/Document production.

I'm confused now, because I haven't had my biometrics appointment yet and logically I haven't received my EAD yet either.

Could this status also mean it will be a request for an RFE or will it really be a card or document?

It just seems so highly unlikely for it to be approved and all.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.