12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

just wondering if anyone here on vj members that got 221g after interview how long does it take from them to process after i submitted the right document with my passport..they told me to complete what it says on letter and sent it with my passport…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Progress Reports to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is 221g ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That all depends on your embassy as well as what they actually requested

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

oh wow.. what do they requested to u..thats long time

Well.... I know 6 months is too long for some, but for someone like me that is not too long.... I have been in AP for 1 year and still there is no sign of getting out of it!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is basically the problem, they don't need anything they just told me to wait and we will contact you

Read questions in MENA section, AP and specially LONG ones is so common around here

They say males go thru a longer and lengthier process. It's basically a background check

If your process is only at the embassy level you have a better chance to get out of it quicker but if it's DC related clearance I'm afraid you're gonna be in for a long time

Try to be patient as there is nothing you can do at this point but waiting it out

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

That is basically the problem, they don't need anything they just told me to wait and we will contact you

Read questions in MENA section, AP and specially LONG ones is so common around here

They say males go thru a longer and lengthier process. It's basically a background check

If your process is only at the embassy level you have a better chance to get out of it quicker but if it's DC related clearance I'm afraid you're gonna be in for a long time

Try to be patient as there is nothing you can do at this point but waiting it out

Good luck

thank you for the info they requested us the 2011 n 2012 tax n original i-134 even though i sent them one already emailed them last week n they reply me that they haven't even review the case yet and they will contact me when they need anything :(

good luck to us inshallah we will all reunite with our love ones.

Good luck

thanks for very usfull information.my question is what is DC abrvtion?i am sure ditrct of colmbia.do u think name clearance w done there?when ever my payment comes from usa it stoped becoz of common muslim name.now i m in AP 20 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks for very usfull information.my question is what is DC abrvtion?i am sure ditrct of colmbia.do u think name clearance w done there?when ever my payment comes from usa it stoped becoz of common muslim name.now i m in AP 20 months.

Faisal it's Washington, D.C.

Name check is one of them, for DC related clearance or like they call it Security Advisory Opinion, there are several agencies involved

The number of checks to be ticked off completely varies from case to case and country to country but let's say for example if there are 7 agencies and each desk takes 3 months that will be 21 months + they have some heavy backlog

You can never predict "when" "what" would happen

But the good news is you've already waited for 20 months and I have seen many males getting their visas after 2 years so you're almost there

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Faisal it's Washington, D.C.

Name check is one of them, for DC related clearance or like they call it Security Advisory Opinion, there are several agencies involved

The number of checks to be ticked off completely varies from case to case and country to country but let's say for example if there are 7 agencies and each desk takes 3 months that will be 21 months + they have some heavy backlog

You can never predict "when" "what" would happen

But the good news is you've already waited for 20 months and I have seen many males getting their visas after 2 years so you're almost there

Newsha - Thank you for your input. But lets not put numbers there 7 agencies or 6. US government has many things to do or to spend 20 months on an immigrant. Sure there are security checks, in most cases, I would say 95%, Once they determine the applicant is not in wanted list - has never been into the US, security check is DONE! They don't have time to check deep and deep. If its a family base petition then they make sure its legitimate this part takes few circles. APs in bad situations MUST be completed within 12 months and they do. Over that its all applicants fault, depends on the case. documents missing - wrong document sent - false information being passed by the applicant, these are the main facts . After 12 months the petitioner can involve the congress man/woman and IF again none of the facts above are exist then good to go in few weeks visa will be granted. Sometimes when DOS detects a missed part from the applicant, they wait and wait and when you call or email or your congress man/woman gets involved they reply by saying ''oooh we have requested this and was waiting for applicant's response'' there are people '' case workers'' who are in power (silently) not that they are doing any incorrect action... They just look at the picture and say ''ooooh this can wait'' and that is 9-12 months...so . here is the breakdown

Lucky AP journey - within 3 months

Not Lucky AP journey - within 6 months

UN-Lucky AP journey - within 9 months

0-Luck AP journey - within 12 months

Then legal action is congress man and woman

Personal experience and people in this forum can ditto on these breakdowns .

mary81 thanks for sharing u opinions but here in pakistan every applicant is in waiting from years .do u think every 1 is do some thing missing or wrong in there cases?i have 2 kids cr1 catgry.how long ur AP is going?

newsha do u agree with mary81?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.